C3 General General C3 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ready to pull the trigger, I need a new front bumper cover.. best brand to buy?

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2017, 08:45 AM
TROPIC_THUNDER
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Ready to pull the trigger, I need a new front bumper cover.. best brand to buy?

I've been trying to sell my car with no luck due to the front bumper cover being ripped a little bit. I've done a search and there are so many variables out there. Who has the best experience with what brand? I know I have the choice of fiberglass, urethane or Flex fit..Thanks
Old 05-15-2017, 10:04 AM
gbvette62
Race Director

Received 2,029 Likes on 1,315 Posts

I would suggest one of the fiberglass ones, for a car you're selling.

With a fiberglass bumper, you can grind and fill on the bumper, if it doesn't fit perfect. With urethane bumpers, if it doesn't fit, the only answer is to do body work on the car.

I prefer the Tru-Flex bumpers, but on a car you're flipping, you might want to save a little money by buying a rigid fiberglass one. ACI (a Forum Supporting Vendor) now owns and makes the Tru-Flex brand, but they also make a very nice rigid fiberglass bumper.

There are other makers and choices, some cheaper, but I think ACI makes the best hand laid fiberglass parts available.
Old 05-15-2017, 10:11 AM
raydog9379
Racer

Received 47 Likes on 40 Posts

Personally I had issues with one I bought when mine was going through a repaint. It was one of those "from the original GM molds", and really expensive. This was back in 2005, so maybe things changed and they got better since. Body shop called me down to take a look at the fit, it looked like a pile of turd. Body shop guy said he wouldn't feel right with it and fixed my orig. bumper.

My take is to see whether yours is repairable and if so, get it repaired and re-sprayed.

Get notified of new replies

To Ready to pull the trigger, I need a new front bumper cover.. best brand to buy?

Quick Reply: Ready to pull the trigger, I need a new front bumper cover.. best brand to buy?