Sponsored by:

Looked at a '78 AE

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2017, 02:37 PM
Z06LMB
Melting Slicks

Received 182 Likes on 133 Posts
Default Looked at a '78 AE

A friend asked me to check out this Corvette at Damascus Auto Sales, MD.
I never seen a place run as they do - a bunch of newly painted cars and a few trucks, most have low milage, but no documentation. Too much wear for any 2100 mile car. Won't let me take any of my own pictures, too busy to find an available lift. Owner obviously does not trust his one and only Salesman as he keeps butting in. I would not recommend this place to anyone!

http://www.damascusmotors.com/ws-197...ette-25th-ann/

Looking for a late C3 must be an automatic L-82 with AC, good paint, average to low Miles, great interior and runs well. In the mid teens.
It's a graduation present for a kid who studied hard for great SAT's

Rich

Last edited by Z06LMB; 06-30-2017 at 03:11 PM.
Old 06-30-2017, 03:05 PM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,331 Likes on 2,775 Posts

Originally Posted by Z06LMB
A friend asked me to check out this Corvette at Damascus Auto Sales, MD.
I never seen a place run as they do - a bunch of newly painted cars and a few trucks, most have low milage, but no documentation. Too much wear for any 2100 mile car. Won't let me take any of my own pictures, too busy to find an available lift. Owner obviously does not trust his one and only Salesman as he keeps butting in. I would not recommend this place to anyone!

http://www.damascusmotors.com/ws-197...tte-25th-ann/U

Looking for a late C3 must be an automatic L-82 with AC, good paint, average to low Miles, great interior and runs well. In the mid teens.
It's a graduation present for a kid who studied hard for great SAT's

Rich
Bad link?
Old 06-30-2017, 03:10 PM
Z06LMB
Melting Slicks

Try this one - sorry

http://www.damascusmotors.com/ws-197...ette-25th-ann/
Old 06-30-2017, 03:54 PM
bigredbrad
Burning Brakes

Location: Lincoln NE Riding and Driving Corvettes since 1967.
Received 108 Likes on 60 Posts

isnt this the same place that has the junkyard show on TV and the guy brags in every episode how much money he makes on each sale?? They probably pulled it out of the scrap heap and spent 15 minutes giving it a wax job and now its a $16,000 corvette...

"FATHER-SON DUO TURN AUTO JUNK INTO GOLD ON THE ALL NEW VELOCITY SERIES JUNKYARD EMPIRE"

https://press.discovery.com/us/vel/p...press-release/

What did you expect??

bigredbrad

Last edited by bigredbrad; 06-30-2017 at 03:56 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Bills17n72 (06-30-2017)
Old 06-30-2017, 05:31 PM
Z06LMB
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by bigredbrad
isnt this the same place that has the junkyard show on TV and the guy brags in every episode how much money he makes on each sale?? They probably pulled it out of the scrap heap and spent 15 minutes giving it a wax job and now its a $16,000 corvette...

"FATHER-SON DUO TURN AUTO JUNK INTO GOLD ON THE ALL NEW VELOCITY SERIES JUNKYARD EMPIRE"

https://press.discovery.com/us/vel/p...press-release/

What did you expect??

bigredbrad
I'm not familiar with Junkyard empire - it makes sence though. Any car I asked about had reconstructed titles and an friend nearby said their cars sit for years, that hardly seems possible.
I stopped watching the Velocity channel except for some show on the internet called GraveYard Carz and even then that Mark Turns my stomach. My favorite was Wheeler Dealer but I don't think they tape any new shows.
Old 06-30-2017, 05:50 PM
Torqued Off
Le Mans Master

Received 2,683 Likes on 1,413 Posts
2022 C3 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Another con job operation. These places only exist on the naïve and stupid types, who have money to lose. I know I am a broken record on this, but it bugs me. And the only thing worse are these TV types who clearly are nothing but Hollywood sideshows with no real substance. Another example of modern ignorance....and they are laughing their way to the bank. I wish we could be smarter in this country, and ALL these "reality sideshows" would go away when NOBODY watched them.

Get notified of new replies

To Looked at a '78 AE

Quick Reply: Looked at a '78 AE