Sponsored by:

68 LH Mirror Mounting Advice Please

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2017, 05:02 PM
ronarndt
Drifting

Received 252 Likes on 193 Posts

Originally Posted by avalonjohn
All done. Took a deep breath and did the deed. Looks great and is solid! Thanks fellas!
Glad you got it done. Be thankful your PO did not use a K-Mart mirror that had completely different location for the holes. I had to mount the new GM mirror correctly and also fill in the extra hole that bubba drilled in the door.
Old 08-10-2020, 08:42 PM
Margozzi
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

I am trying to figure out how to get to the bolts or screws that secure the steam of the mirror to the door. Mine is very loose and I just want to tighten it. The door panel is off and all I see is a steel channel that PigFarmer mentioned in this thread. Taking the glass out would not help as far as I can tell, I can see the channel through the glass. Is it as simple as loosening the screw at the base of the stem and tightening the plate back up? I don't want to try this before knowing whats under there... if the plate falls into the channel and you cant get to it I'll be pretty annoyed.

Thanks so much.

"I had both door panels off over the winter and I also thought there was supposed to be a plate. If I remember right there is a steel channel formed in the door and you really don't have access to the back of the area the mirror mounts to. Can't go too radical because it'll interfere with the window."

Quick Reply: 68 LH Mirror Mounting Advice Please