Sponsored by:

Update videos of my 1969 427 4 speed restoration

Old 07-31-2017, 03:41 PM
Bart K
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Update videos of my 1969 427 4 speed restoration

I posted these links in the "what did you do to your C3 today" thread, but decided to make a new thread for people that may not follow the other thread. I hope you enjoy these videos:

interior update

engine bay, front suspension update

rear suspension update

engine rebuild update
Old 07-31-2017, 03:55 PM
Alan 71
Team Owner

Received 2,878 Likes on 2,515 Posts

Hi Bart,
I enjoyed the videos!
Carl appears to do some very nice work!
That Mopar hat makes me a little nervous though, so perhaps you should keep your eye on him!!!
Good Luck as you continue!
Regards,
Alan
Old 07-31-2017, 04:10 PM
Bart K
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Alan 71
Hi Bart,
I enjoyed the videos!
Carl appears to do some very nice work!
That Mopar hat makes me a little nervous though, so perhaps you should keep your eye on him!!!
Good Luck as you continue!
Regards,
Alan
Thanks Alan! Yes Carl does excellent work! If you saw the 1969 Charged that he restored from a shell of a car doing everything but paint, you would be impressed. Carl is doing everything literally by the book. When I was working with him this last weekend, he showed me where the books show which parts should have which finish, and he followed that exactly. I saw him use the books for torque specs as well as to look up numbers on my alternator to make sure it was not original before using it as a core. Carl is one picky son of a gun! He is doing the car way nicer than I was expecting. I am not planning to show the car beyond a couple of local events, so I do not need show nice, but Carl likes to do everything perfectly, so although it may cost me a bit more, it is worth it to have Carl happy with his work and for me to have a super nice driver!
Old 07-31-2017, 04:54 PM
Alan 71
Team Owner

Received 2,878 Likes on 2,515 Posts

Hi Bart,
The 3 publications he should have are the 69 Assembly Instruction Manual, the 69 Chassis Service Manual, and the 68-69 NCRS Technical Information Manual & Judging Guide. (I believe a new edition of the TIM&JG should be available shortly.)
If he doesn't have them (being a mopar guy) you might want to give them to him as a present.
Regards,
Alan
Old 07-31-2017, 05:04 PM
Bart K
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Alan 71
Hi Bart,
The 3 publications he should have are the 69 Assembly Instruction Manual, the 69 Chassis Service Manual, and the 68-69 NCRS Technical Information Manual & Judging Guide. (I believe a new edition of the TIM&JG should be available shortly.)
If he doesn't have them (being a mopar guy) you might want to give them to him as a present.
Regards,
Alan
Believe it or not Alan, Carl asked me to buy all three of them, and I did! I felt like the dollars spent on quality reference material up front would pay off down the road. So far, that seems to be the case. Carl works nights and some weekends for the Border Patrol, and 30 miles from where I live, so matching up days when we can get together to work on the car are few. But this last weekend it worked out and we got some things done including hubs, rotors, calipers on the front and rotors and calipers on the rear. We got the flywheel, clutch and pressure plate aligned and installed, and the fuel pump and thermostat installed. I know it does not sound like much for a part of a day, but I did spend time making the videos and we got together on a parts list and a plan to go forward with. I hope we can match up days off for the engine installation!!!

Get notified of new replies

To Update videos of my 1969 427 4 speed restoration

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Update videos of my 1969 427 4 speed restoration