Sponsored by:

Corvette America's Max Tech Car Cover is Made of Squirrel Food

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2017, 08:15 AM
SpiritOf76
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Corvette America's Max Tech Car Cover is Made of Squirrel Food

Just a fair warning, after only two months of owning the $90 Max Tech car cover, it is in the trash. It must be woven with acorn fibers, because squirrels have destroyed it to gather nesting material. If you live in an area where rodents nest for the winter, you may want to reconsider purchasing this cover.

These photos were taken 2 days before I threw the cover away, as it was damaged significantly more during those days. There were pieces of the cover all over my driveway and lawn, and my hood, T-tops, and deck lid were scratched all to hell. I've got a lot of compounding and polishing to do to get those scratches out.

I contacted Corvette America and notified them of my issue, and of course the 2-year warranty does not cover any type of animal damage. By no means am I blaming Corvette America or claiming the cover is not a quality piece. Actually, for the 45 days I used it, it worked wonderfully. It did well against rain, dirt, leaves, and pollen... just not nesting squirrels.

I would not purchase another one of these for outdoor storage, perhaps maybe for indoor storage. ...unless you have mice. Maybe spraying it with some sort of animal repellent might help, but that could damage the car's paint, might affect the water repellency of the cover, and most certainly void it's warranty.
Attached Images    
Old 09-08-2017, 12:38 PM
MelWff
Race Director

Received 1,816 Likes on 1,605 Posts

I had the same issue almost every year with grill covers. Switched to a heavy grade material but not sure what the equivalent would be in a car cover. Good luck.
Old 09-08-2017, 12:49 PM
RMVette
Race Director

Received 107 Likes on 88 Posts

Boy, they tore that cover up!
Old 09-08-2017, 02:26 PM
C3 Stroker
Safety Car

Received 609 Likes on 404 Posts

Squirrels, like rats, are rodents (just dressed a little fancier). Any type of cloth, paper, or fiber (even rubber or wire insulation) is a gourmet meal. You just got to keep those critters out!
Old 09-09-2017, 12:40 PM
dabreeze
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Last 2 covers I bought I sprayed with Scotch Guard and had no issues .
Old 09-09-2017, 08:06 PM
Rescue Rogers
Dementer sole survivor

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 6,280 Likes on 3,916 Posts
2020 C3 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
2019 C3 of Year Winner (performance mods)
2016 C3 of Year Finalist

The cat sometimes will chase off the rodents around my house. Generally they just play with them unless they get hungry, then its game on. I find feet and legs in the garage as well as other trophies. No critter problems so far
Old 09-09-2017, 09:35 PM
Lobzila
Pro

Received 105 Likes on 86 Posts

My Rottie made a nice little nest out of mine a few years ago during his destructive puppy stage. The wife called me at work to ask me why I gave it to him as a new chew toy. Needless to say, he was banned from the garage for a long time.

Get notified of new replies

To Corvette America's Max Tech Car Cover is Made of Squirrel Food

Quick Reply: Corvette America's Max Tech Car Cover is Made of Squirrel Food