Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Quiet Ride Solutions

Old 11-10-2017, 08:07 AM
CrossedUp
Burning Brakes

Received 451 Likes on 155 Posts
Default Quiet Ride Solutions

Has anyone installed one of these kits in their C3? They seem a little on the pricey side and I'm wondering how they stack up against the stock rubber backed, jute insulation. They're supposed to provide sound deadening and a thermal barrier.

http://www.quietride.com/catalogpdfs...te_catalog.pdf
Old 11-10-2017, 10:00 AM
doorgunner
Nam Labrat

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4,153 Likes on 2,726 Posts

You are paying for "Precut"! DIY by buying a roll of deadener/insulation and cut it to size yourelf.
You'll never regret the noise reduction and heat deflection. I used a Infrared gun to test after unstalling barrier....up to 90% inprovrmrnt.

Whether you buy the best,or rolls of closed cell insulation fro Home Depot, it ALL does a grear job....I taped the sems together with HEAVY DUTY ALUMINUM hvac TAPE. Plan on a weekend for DIY......

Last edited by doorgunner; 11-10-2017 at 10:02 AM.
Old 11-10-2017, 10:47 AM
71 Vert LS1
Drifting

Received 387 Likes on 294 Posts

I used Dyna Mat type for the first layer. Not pre-cut bought in sheets and I cut it. Then I used the 1/2" thick foil backed jute insulation. Then stock type carpet. Zero heat issues in the car. Also very quiet.
Old 11-11-2017, 08:34 AM
CrossedUp
Burning Brakes

Received 451 Likes on 155 Posts

Originally Posted by doorgunner
You are paying for "Precut"! DIY by buying a roll of deadener/insulation and cut it to size yourelf.
You'll never regret the noise reduction and heat deflection. I used a Infrared gun to test after unstalling barrier....up to 90% inprovrmrnt
Thanks for the savvy advice doorgunner.

BTW, I see in your pictures that your #2 body mounts are covered. Shouldn't they be open since the kick panels are perforated in that area?
Attached Images  
Old 11-11-2017, 12:27 PM
vette8121
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by CrossedUp
Has anyone installed one of these kits in their C3? They seem a little on the pricey side and I'm wondering how they stack up against the stock rubber backed, jute insulation. They're supposed to provide sound deadening and a thermal barrier.

http://www.quietride.com/catalogpdfs...te_catalog.pdf
Hi, I used a spray on insulation first with a foil back product next. Here's a few pics of the sprayed on product. tm
Attached Images     

Get notified of new replies

To Quiet Ride Solutions

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Quiet Ride Solutions