Incident - Someone following me

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2017, 07:36 AM
pigfarmer
Burning Brakes

Received 295 Likes on 158 Posts
Default flame job

Originally Posted by 99 Black Bird TA
It sounds like the OP handled the event well.

I've had a couple of similar incidents in my 72 vette.

Once a guy cut me off at a stop sign after following. As he approached my car, I pulley the tire iron from behind the passengers seat. Turned out his wife had had a 72 convertible. She had totaled the car and he wanted to buy mine as a replacement. It was actually legit. I knew his wife and had went to high school with her many years before. I had often admired that convertible in the parking lot at school. The car had been green before being repainted. My dad almost bought the car but didn't like the green color.

Another time, a BMW owner followed me to my girlfriend's house. From his car at the end of the driveway he asked if he could look at the 72. He ended up wanting to buy the car.

At a gas station a Prius owner kept staring at the 72 vette. Finally, he walked over and asked if it was a Ferrari. When told it was a Corvette, he asked who was the manufacturer Lotus? I said Chevrolet and popped the hood to check the oil level.

I think he found that intimidating as he looked panicked and quickly scurried back to his Prius.
I had a spectacular carb malfunction on my '69 and I pulled over in a parking lot because the car was choking, spewing smoke and puking fuel. I had my fire extinguisher in my hand and the hood open when a kid came over ignoring all that and started asking questions about 'how many camshafts it had' and 'how much horsepower' etc.

Later I can say I had a laugh about it but at the time I was a little taken aback. No fire thankfully. I never underestimate how oblivious people can be.

Last edited by pigfarmer; 09-19-2017 at 07:38 AM.

Quick Reply: Incident - Someone following me