Sponsored by:

Upgrading a C3 to FiTech Go EFI

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2017, 04:49 PM
60 SHARK
Drifting

Received 768 Likes on 496 Posts

Originally Posted by imariver
I have sidepipes on my car, Where would the o2 sensor go?? Any pics of an o2 sensor in a sidepipe system?
Thanks
. Look around on this c3 forum, you'll find many posts on o2 locations in headers and header side pipes, ,,https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c3-tech-performance/3916468-hooker-sidemounts-and-o2-sensor.html
this is one of many,,,,
I think you will find all your answers on the forum,
Old 09-21-2017, 09:20 AM
Nexxussian
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by bdhulderman
I was able to point the sensor 45 deg down, i.e. with the wire pointed up. You definitely don't want to drill the hole on the bottom or you will get moisture in the sensor and ruin it.
Condensation is why I asked, I've always been taught it could take out the sensor and, not seeing a picture, I was curious if you were able to manage a good angle.

Last edited by Nexxussian; 09-21-2017 at 09:21 AM.
Old 09-21-2017, 10:46 AM
bdhulderman
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Nexxussian
Condensation is why I asked, I've always been taught it could take out the sensor and, not seeing a picture, I was curious if you were able to manage a good angle.
If I remember, I'll try to take a photo for you so you can see exactly where I put it if that helps.
Old 09-21-2017, 05:24 PM
Nexxussian
Instructor

If I remember, I'll try to take a photo for you so you can see exactly where I put it if that helps.
If you can, that would be great, thanks.
Old 09-21-2017, 11:35 PM
bdhulderman
Racer

Originally Posted by Nexxussian
If you can, that would be great, thanks.

It's a little hard to see, but it's pretty much in the middle of the straight portion of the header. Believe it or not, this is actually the exhaust for the number #7 cylinder, back one, as recommended.

Getting her car ready for Tombstone car show this weekend. Washed, Waxed, Vacuumed, etc. I took best in show last year with my '66, let's see what hers can do this year.
The following 2 users liked this post by bdhulderman:
imariver (09-24-2017), Nexxussian (09-24-2017)
Old 09-22-2017, 07:55 AM
Sacred Steel
Racer

Originally Posted by Maymyvettelive4ever
It didn't work for me 'loser rims'/
Well there you have it fellas, didn't work for him so it's a POS so don't waste your money on it. And you may want to check with him before you buy a new set of rims to be sure he approves...unless you want to be a loser.

Last edited by Sacred Steel; 09-22-2017 at 08:09 AM.
The following users liked this post:
bdhulderman (09-22-2017)
Old 09-22-2017, 04:04 PM
Nexxussian
Instructor

It's a little hard to see, but it's pretty much in the middle of the straight portion of the header. Believe it or not, this is actually the exhaust for the number #7 cylinder, back one, as recommended.

Getting her car ready for Tombstone car show this weekend. Washed, Waxed, Vacuumed, etc. I took best in show last year with my '66, let's see what hers can do this year.
Thank you.
Old 09-24-2017, 07:34 AM
Lobzila
Pro

Received 105 Likes on 86 Posts

Quick question for you guys running this system. One the major things I love about my car is that big lumpy big block idle. Does that go away with fuel injection?
Thanks.
Old 09-24-2017, 07:50 AM
Sacred Steel
Racer

Originally Posted by Lobzila
Quick question for you guys running this system. One the major things I love about my car is that big lumpy big block idle. Does that go away with fuel injection?
Thanks.
It shouldnt. I have a big cam in my 350 and still have that nice lope. When you set up your program you will set the cam setting between 1-4 with one being stock and 4 being wild.
Old 02-26-2018, 06:10 PM
collinde
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1975 FiTech Install

Originally Posted by 60 SHARK
I did this to my 75, , I'll try to help anyone through the installation, mine went well, turn key and go! I have posted some of my pics on this forum, also, other brands that work well too.
What did you have to do to install the bracket for the throttle cable? I am replacing the rochester where the cable bracket mounted to the back of the old carb. That bracket don't fit over the fitech base now. Any help would be great.
Old 02-26-2018, 08:50 PM
Sunstroked
Melting Slicks

Received 146 Likes on 114 Posts

i changed the factory throttle cable to a lokar throttle cable too, ( like GordonM did) it comes with its own throttle bracket. to use the stock throttle pedal, I did get a little creative and welded a tab to the arm, so I could use lokars clevis pin arrangement. this gives me full throttle with a smooth operation.
Sometimes, even though these types of systems say bolt on, you must get a little creative.
All in all, the fitech fuel injection unit has been flawless: I had 1 issue while trying to run timing control, but it was actually an initial timing setup issue.
I had the unit on a 383, when I transferred it to my new 434, i had 1 problem. the fuel pump would cycle on and off repeatedly. after a bit of head scratching and reviewing installation instructions to no avail, I called tech support, left a msg. They returned my call about an hr later and said I was missing a ground. the throttle body itself needs to be grounded to the car. usually through the intake manifold. im running a plastic intake...so once I ran a ground strap, the engine started on the very first crank. its a very good little unit, easy setup too. And to answer another persons question about the engines gnarly idle, thats a function of your cam. My engine with its .700" lift cam, and lsa, sounds downright nasty, yet the engine just idles smoothly with that lumpy sound.
Ive been very pleased withe unit, first installed nearly 2 yrs ago.

Last edited by Sunstroked; 02-26-2018 at 08:58 PM.
Old 02-26-2018, 10:36 PM
60 SHARK
Drifting

Originally Posted by collinde
What did you have to do to install the bracket for the throttle cable? I am replacing the rochester where the cable bracket mounted to the back of the old carb. That bracket don't fit over the fitech base now. Any help would be great.
I was able to use my factory bracket without issue, I'll try to get you a pic showing how it installed on mine asap,
Old 02-27-2018, 12:59 AM
collinde
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Sunstroked
i changed the factory throttle cable to a lokar throttle cable too, ( like GordonM did) it comes with its own throttle bracket. to use the stock throttle pedal, I did get a little creative and welded a tab to the arm, so I could use lokars clevis pin arrangement. this gives me full throttle with a smooth operation.
Sometimes, even though these types of systems say bolt on, you must get a little creative.
All in all, the fitech fuel injection unit has been flawless: I had 1 issue while trying to run timing control, but it was actually an initial timing setup issue.
I had the unit on a 383, when I transferred it to my new 434, i had 1 problem. the fuel pump would cycle on and off repeatedly. after a bit of head scratching and reviewing installation instructions to no avail, I called tech support, left a msg. They returned my call about an hr later and said I was missing a ground. the throttle body itself needs to be grounded to the car. usually through the intake manifold. im running a plastic intake...so once I ran a ground strap, the engine started on the very first crank. its a very good little unit, easy setup too. And to answer another persons question about the engines gnarly idle, thats a function of your cam. My engine with its .700" lift cam, and lsa, sounds downright nasty, yet the engine just idles smoothly with that lumpy sound.
Ive been very pleased withe unit, first installed nearly 2 yrs ago.

Any pics of what you did would be huge help. If I got to order parts I want to get the right ones if thats ok.
Old 02-27-2018, 01:00 AM
collinde
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 60 SHARK
I was able to use my factory bracket without issue, I'll try to get you a pic showing how it installed on mine asap,
Thanks I look forward to seeing it. On later models though the bracket does not go right across the back from what I can see.
Old 03-01-2018, 10:26 AM
60 SHARK
Drifting

Ok, life got in the way, but I got to get a few pics of what I believe to be my factory throttle cable bracket, mounted to the FiTech base,,,,hope it's helpful,

Sorry, this didnt rotate the photo

��
Old 03-01-2018, 10:27 AM
collinde
Intermediate

Perfect, on order actually! Thought that looked the best.
Old 03-01-2018, 12:48 PM
60 SHARK
Drifting

Good, glad to hear that,

Get notified of new replies

To Upgrading a C3 to FiTech Go EFI

Old 03-01-2018, 01:52 PM
grud
Cruising

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default holley sniper

I went with holley sniper. All in 1200 with great tech support. I have a pretty radical 502 stroker and the system really picked up the fuel economy, low end throttle response and quick starts. I have the hooker side pipes and we put the o2 sensor just behind the collector under the car by the rocker panel.
The following users liked this post:
JohnRogers (03-01-2018)
Old 03-01-2018, 05:34 PM
60 SHARK
Drifting

I have to ask, grud, is that $1200 including a new fuel delivery system? , , , i e pump, filters, lines, (maybe Holley priceing has come down from what I have seen)
Old 03-01-2018, 06:22 PM
grud
Cruising

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Unlike the other systems the sniper has a built in pressure regulator so a good high pressure fule pump and a return fuel line is the only extra expense. It really is the best system on the market today. With the software built into the display monitor it is really state of the art. With a BB, high flow Dart heads and a big cam I am sometime making adjustment to the system real time. Nice setup.

Quick Reply: Upgrading a C3 to FiTech Go EFI