Sponsored by:

Is it a soft market for C3's?

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2017, 02:15 PM
The13Bats
Race Director

Received 772 Likes on 645 Posts

Originally Posted by iwasmenowhesgone
That is true, but the guys who love the car don't need approval of the "market" or any elitists opinions to justify the ownership of their car. I am glad I am on the side of my love for the car is the reason for ownership.
Seems sadly true,

How many posts here do you see a guy get shot down and belittled, then guys take worse cars and make stunners,

Too much thin skin, look at me, follow my build but if you dont love every bit of it and worship me i will have a tantrum,

I Lost count how many times i see a cat thump his chest about his vette knowledge, tell a guy his opinion on something and like the guy needed it give his permission for the guy to do what he wants its his car, then goes on a disparaging rant when the guy does do it the way he pleases,

I dont care what a persons builds or tastes are i respect it all, but its a real bummer that some guys seem into the hobby just to put others down and have forgotten or never knew in the first place the camaraderie of the hobby,
The following 2 users liked this post by The13Bats:
homestead (10-05-2017), Torqued Off (10-05-2017)
Old 10-05-2017, 03:57 PM
cicconjo
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Well this is why it's so important to drive these cars! There is a return on investment on these cars when you drive them, and drive the way they were supposed to be driven, not babied, not afraid to get a chip in the paint, or wear out the brakes, no afraid to get the revs up and keep them there. Just not in the rain. Both of the 69s I have owned were built in the spirit of the muscle car era, loud, high horsepower, high torque, big block, 3:70, hot as ***** in the cockpit in the summer, no a/c, all that crap. The sensory experience to me is worth a hundred grand. By the time I get home I feel like I've been on a rollercoaster for a week. I've driven some nice modern cars, Porsches, Maseratis, keep 'em! 1969 big block Corvette - that right there is a automotive perfection.

Just hate to think I might have to sell so soon after completing the resto. Chances out I will figure a way to keep it, even if I have to rent a garage.
The following users liked this post:
Torqued Off (10-05-2017)
Old 10-05-2017, 05:13 PM
ZO6NTHEWIND
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm going to jump into this discussion as I own a 1969 BB Convertible for 30+ years. At one time I thought I'd never even consider selling it EVER. But as times have changed and the new ones have gotten so good. The times my wife and I want to go for a Vette ride or go to our local Corvette club event we choose to take her 2011 Convertible and enjoy the comfort and reliability of a newer car. I've started looking at what these cars are SELLING for and I really thought that it would be more. So I guess I might be keeping the 'ol girl for a few more years.
Old 10-05-2017, 07:12 PM
Faster Rat
Melting Slicks

Received 204 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by crawfish333
Just curious, if that is your opinion, why post like 6 times in a thread that you say you have no interest in?

Seems odd. All you have to do if you have no interest in these matters is nothing.

Whenever a thread about value...or market conditions...pops up, this dude feels obligated to lecture all of us about his take on the hobby. I have already put him on my ignore list. Maybe you should too. So...if nobody quotes him, we don' t have to read his one- sided, envious crap.
The following users liked this post:
crawfish333 (10-06-2017)
Old 10-05-2017, 07:16 PM
Torqued Off
Le Mans Master

Received 2,660 Likes on 1,399 Posts
2022 C3 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Default Conversation

Originally Posted by crawfish333
Just curious, if that is your opinion, why post like 6 times in a thread that you say you have no interest in?

Seems odd. All you have to do if you have no interest in these matters is nothing.
Its called a "conversation"......talking about things about Corvettes. No different than if I was in a room full of guys talking about the same thing. Whats your problem? Your comment makes no sense. And where did I say I wasn't interested in the thread? My comments are meant to provide a balanced and alternative viewpoint to the idea of "value" of a car, amongst people who are supposed to share a common interest.

Last edited by Torqued Off; 10-05-2017 at 07:26 PM.
Old 10-05-2017, 07:31 PM
The13Bats
Race Director

Received 772 Likes on 645 Posts

Originally Posted by Faster Rat

Whenever a thread about value...or market conditions...pops up, this dude feels obligated to lecture all of us about his take on the hobby. I have already put him on my ignore list. Maybe you should too. So...if nobody quotes him, we don' t have to read his one- sided, envious crap.
I am not taking sides but isnt a forum all about posting various opinions, so long as no personal attacks take place?

I pretty much have seen most of you myself included give their personal take lectures on this or that, and it would be rather boring ( for me ) if we all agreed 100% of the time,

By sure nature of the forum a thread like this will sadly bring out the division of the so called camps, the guys who build for fun the guys who build for investment and the ones who do both,
But we all like c3s, we have that kinship,
Lets not forget camaraderie,

Besides a few guys who are just walking piles of fertilizer i enjoy reading about and respect everyones reason for being into c3s.

If my mindset gets me on an ignore list so be it..
Old 10-05-2017, 07:41 PM
Torqued Off
Le Mans Master

Received 2,660 Likes on 1,399 Posts
2022 C3 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Hey Faster Rat, I already put you on my Ignore List, but I see you quoted in Bats posting. You crack me up thinking that somehow I am "envious"......you funny!

Quick Reply: Is it a soft market for C3's?