C3 General General C3 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Air conditioner blows cold air just very little of it.

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2017, 09:21 PM
LuckySeventySeven
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Air conditioner blows cold air just very little of it.

I bet there is a way to make the fan more efficient. Mine is a 77 and it barely puts out any air flow.

Oh and you guys are awesome! What a great bunch of people. Glad to have found this forum! You all rock!
Old 10-03-2017, 10:39 PM
0Willcox Corvette
Former Vendor

Received 1,813 Likes on 1,458 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15

See if the motor is working on the lower speeds... and on high... if it is working on the lower speeds and not on high, then I'd take a hard look at the high blower relay and/or the connector that plugs into it.

Is there any way to make it blow harder.. sure. You have to switch the blower fan and make a 3/4" spacer. All the blower motors turn the same RPM's so the difference is in the squirrel cage. https://willcoxcorvette.com/corvette...-and-fan-68-82

Willcox

The following users liked this post:
LuckySeventySeven (10-03-2017)
Old 10-03-2017, 11:33 PM
LuckySeventySeven
Advanced

Oh man this is just the information I was wanting. I vaguely remembered seeing I believe it was a YouTube video where someone installed a larger squirrel cage. I'll start though with the relay, and wiring.

BTW nice to see you are on here, i was checking out your website just recently I believe it was yesterday.
Old 10-15-2017, 10:59 PM
LuckySeventySeven
Advanced

Originally Posted by Willcox Corvette
See if the motor is working on the lower speeds... and on high... if it is working on the lower speeds and not on high, then I'd take a hard look at the high blower relay and/or the connector that plugs into it.

Is there any way to make it blow harder.. sure. You have to switch the blower fan and make a 3/4" spacer. All the blower motors turn the same RPM's so the difference is in the squirrel cage. https://willcoxcorvette.com/corvette...-and-fan-68-82

Willcox

Just placed a nice order for ~200.00 of Corvette literature on your webpage. I'm sure it will be money well spent!

Get notified of new replies

To Air conditioner blows cold air just very little of it.

Quick Reply: Air conditioner blows cold air just very little of it.