Sponsored by:

LS Swap + FiTech Go EFI Fuel Command Center

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2017, 11:21 PM
KIKIRIKI
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default LS Swap + FiTech Go EFI Fuel Command Center

Putting in an LS with standalone harness/ecu in my '81. Need to get the parts for the fuel deliver. I'm not doing a in tank fuel pump or high pressure external mount. Two quick questions before I pull the trigger on this order tomorrow.

1. The FiTech setup requires a PWM signal for the fuel pump. Am I correct in assuming the LS engine and stand alone harness/ecu will have this output?

2. I will be using a low pressure electric fuel pump to deliver fuel to this system. Any recommendations on which fuel pump to get to do this job? Has to be external mount and note that I do have the return line still available if it requires one.

Thanks
Old 10-05-2017, 09:27 AM
Bloodzone
Burning Brakes

Received 108 Likes on 77 Posts

I run the FCC with a holley red electric pump. The holley pump is very loud but works fine. I don't recommend it just because of the noise.

Many have had problems with the FCC and heat. The Fitech facebook page is full of people with heat issues. Fitech may have corrected this issue on newer FCCs. Mine ran little on the hot side at around 140 in the summer. People are doing a float mod to help drop the temps. I did the mod and I run around 115 now. Search "FCC Float Mod" and you should find some info.
The following users liked this post:
KIKIRIKI (10-05-2017)
Old 10-05-2017, 12:32 PM
Tiger Joe
Drifting

Received 517 Likes on 343 Posts

If you are already adding a low pressure electric pump, why not simply add just a high pressure pump instead and eliminate the FCC?

I can't comment about FI Tech of the FCC, but I run a holley sniper system with the holley frame mount high pressure pump and its working great. After all the negative press about the FCC i wanted to steer clear of that.
The following users liked this post:
KIKIRIKI (10-05-2017)
Old 10-05-2017, 03:41 PM
KIKIRIKI
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Tiger Joe
If you are already adding a low pressure electric pump, why not simply add just a high pressure pump instead and eliminate the FCC?

I can't comment about FI Tech of the FCC, but I run a holley sniper system with the holley frame mount high pressure pump and its working great. After all the negative press about the FCC i wanted to steer clear of that.
Not sure how I'd run the high pressure fuel lines (not familiar with all the types of connections and such), and how much pressure the return line would see. I cannot drop a pump in the tank and the return line has rubber connections made for the mechanical pump pressure.

Will the return line not see any pressure even during sudden changes of acceleration?
Old 10-05-2017, 09:16 PM
Tiger Joe
Drifting

Received 517 Likes on 343 Posts

Return line does not see excessive pressure. It’s just a “dump” for excess fuel heading back to the tank.

High pressure lines are easy to run. Our Holley kit was simple rubber hose rated for the higher psi.

Last edited by Tiger Joe; 10-05-2017 at 09:16 PM.
Old 10-05-2017, 09:52 PM
lowbuck72
Drifting

Received 468 Likes on 274 Posts

Hi guys, I was toying with the idea of putting an LS motor in my other Chevy. What was the cost of of this stand alone system. Also, don't they also make a stand alone carburetor conversion for the LS motors? Any idea what they cost?
Old 10-05-2017, 10:04 PM
Richard454
Le Mans Master

Received 3,220 Likes on 1,732 Posts
2023 Restomod of the Year finalist
2020 C3 of the Year Winner - Modified

Look at LS conversions- having an 81 tank makes it really easy to put a high pressure pump in the tank and do it right. Plus with the pump in the tank-the fuel around it will keep it cooler...
AND I wouldn't think of doing all this work and NOT updating/replacing my complete fuel system...

You are not using a FiTech piece and to me the piece sort of looks like a band aid...just google "fitech fuel command center problems"

Originally Posted by lowbuck72
Hi guys, I was toying with the idea of putting an LS motor in my other Chevy. What was the cost of of this stand alone system. Also, don't they also make a stand alone carburetor conversion for the LS motors? Any idea what they cost?
You can do a carb on a LS- just need a ignition /coil controller about $350

Old 10-06-2017, 09:17 PM
lowbuck72
Drifting

Received 468 Likes on 274 Posts

Originally Posted by Richard454
Look at LS conversions- having an 81 tank makes it really easy to put a high pressure pump in the tank and do it right. Plus with the pump in the tank-the fuel around it will keep it cooler...
AND I wouldn't think of doing all this work and NOT updating/replacing my complete fuel system...

You are not using a FiTech piece and to me the piece sort of looks like a band aid...just google "fitech fuel command center problems"

You can do a carb on a LS- just need a ignition /coil controller about $350

Thanks, just need an intake manifold and carb

Get notified of new replies

To LS Swap + FiTech Go EFI Fuel Command Center

Quick Reply: LS Swap + FiTech Go EFI Fuel Command Center