C3 General General C3 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone know where I can get a fuel sending unit harness for my 1969 big block 4 speed

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2017, 01:46 PM
Bart K
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Anyone know where I can get a fuel sending unit harness for my 1969 big block 4 speed

I have looked all over the place and I am not able to find one. Maybe it is part of another harness? If anyone has any info, please let me know.
Old 10-14-2017, 02:05 PM
Faster Rat
Melting Slicks

Received 204 Likes on 145 Posts

Lectric Limited. It is part of the rear wiring harness. They might sell you just the 2 wires and connectors, no harm to ask. I am in the process of replacing the entire harness, including fiber optics.
The following users liked this post:
Bart K (10-15-2017)
Old 10-14-2017, 02:57 PM
3X2
Melting Slicks

Received 466 Likes on 361 Posts

Lots of luck. I've asked them to sell me just the terminal and connector for the coolant temp sender- no, won't sell just the pieces. I'm hell bent on not splicing wires on my original 69 harness.
Bart K (10-15-2017)
Old 10-14-2017, 03:34 PM
Faster Rat
Melting Slicks

Received 204 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by 3X2
I'm hell bent on not splicing wires on my original 69 harness.
I am hell bent on replacing all my 48 year old wiring harnesses...3 down, just the dash harness to go. I don''t consider original wiring and connectors to be worth much towards either reliability or resale.
Bart K (10-15-2017)
Old 10-14-2017, 07:27 PM
TimAT
Le Mans Master

Received 424 Likes on 385 Posts
C3 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

I replaced the Dash, Forward light and Engine harnesses while I had the engine out. Rear harness is on the list, just haven't got there yet. I did add a couple of wires to the bulkhead connector with the proper terminals for future add on items, and one for the starter so I have a "bump" button for adjusting valves. Cleaned up the tangle of extra wires thru the firewall.
IT's tough to find some of the special connectors GM used- like to fuel sender. I have a couple of old harnesses laying around. I can cut them up no problem if you can't find a connector.
Bart K (10-15-2017)
Old 10-14-2017, 07:40 PM
Nowhere Man
Team Owner

Received 6,943 Likes on 4,782 Posts
2015 C2 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by Faster Rat
Lectric Limited. It is part of the rear wiring harness. They might sell you just the 2 wires and connectors, no harm to ask. I am in the process of replacing the entire harness, including fiber optics.
you can ask all you want but they wont sell connectors. good part is GM used the same on millions of other cars
Bart K (10-15-2017)
Old 10-15-2017, 08:19 AM
Alan 71
Team Owner

Received 2,878 Likes on 2,515 Posts

Hi Bart,
Since it sounds like the 2 wires aren't visible…. is the harness still wrapped?
If it is you might consider unwrapping a bit of the harness to see if the the cut ends of the wire are still there.
If they are, it would be pretty straight forward to splice new sender and ground connections in place.
Regards,
Alan

Here are the connectors and the point the leads come out of the rear lighting harness.

The following 2 users liked this post by Alan 71:
Bart K (10-15-2017), dmaxx3500 (10-15-2017)
Old 10-15-2017, 09:40 AM
jhudec
Melting Slicks

Received 142 Likes on 129 Posts

Bart,
I have an old harness that may have those wires in it. Send me a pm to remind me. I am on a business trips returning in a couple of days. Also if I have them let me know how far you need the wires cut back.
Joe
Bart K (10-15-2017)
Old 10-15-2017, 11:38 AM
Bart K
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

I have to say, you guys are frickin' AWESOME! Thank you all so much for the information, pictures and the offers to cut up an old harness!!! As you all know, my buddy Carl (you may have seen him on my update videos) is doing the work. I just sent him a mail asking to review this thread and either respond here if he can or shoot me an email with how far back he would like to go. So give me a bit to get a response from him, and either he or I will reply.

I have a number of new parts (mostly from Corvette Central) that I did not use in this build for one reason or another, so I plan to make them available to the C3 forum for 50% of original cost + shipping, some of them maybe even less. I would like to return the favor to the members of this forum in appreciation for all the information and assistance I have received.

By the way, this is what Carl said he needs. "Need a pigtail repair end for the round stud for the fuel sending unit harness. Merles had a later 70s pigtail but the hole is too small. Looks like the below, only with a shorter wire, no gromet either."

https://www.classicparts.com/1967-68...tinfo/WR-5303/

Last edited by Bart K; 10-15-2017 at 11:49 AM.
Old 10-15-2017, 11:43 AM
Bart K
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Faster Rat
I am hell bent on replacing all my 48 year old wiring harnesses...3 down, just the dash harness to go. I don''t consider original wiring and connectors to be worth much towards either reliability or resale.

I understand you passion to get the wiring replaced. We also replaced the engine harness while we had the engine out. I think we also replaced a couple of other small harnesses. My buddy Carl is in the process of going through the dash harness and replacing all the bulbs and checking that everything works. He is also cleaning where all the ground straps go and replacing them with a kit we got from Corvette Central. Oh yeah, we also did the headlight harness and all the vacuum tubing, I am very glad to have those done.

I am so glad Carl is being this through. He is the kind of person who cannot look away from a problem when he sees one. I am very lucky to have him working on my car!

Last edited by Bart K; 10-15-2017 at 11:45 AM.
Old 10-24-2017, 10:52 AM
Bart K
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by jhudec
Bart,
I have an old harness that may have those wires in it. Send me a pm to remind me. I am on a business trips returning in a couple of days. Also if I have them let me know how far you need the wires cut back.
Joe

jhudec, just wanted to publicly thank you for working with me to get the wires to me that I needed. You and the other folks I have dealt with on this forum have been a breath of fresh air. The willingness to help and share knowledge along with the honesty I have experienced are much appreciated. So thanks to jhudec and all the rest of you!!!
Old 10-24-2017, 04:19 PM
jhudec
Melting Slicks

Received 142 Likes on 129 Posts

No problem.
I was able to obtain that harness from another member as I need some connectors etc. I am just happy to help someone else and PASS IT ON!

Joe
Old 10-25-2017, 09:25 AM
Bart K
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by jhudec
No problem.
I was able to obtain that harness from another member as I need some connectors etc. I am just happy to help someone else and PASS IT ON!

Joe

Consider it passed!!!

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone know where I can get a fuel sending unit harness for my 1969 big block 4 speed

Quick Reply: Anyone know where I can get a fuel sending unit harness for my 1969 big block 4 speed