Only a month into my search for my chome bumpered C3

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2017, 03:40 PM
69Vett
Safety Car

Received 254 Likes on 230 Posts
Corvette of the Year Winner 2017
2016 C3 of Year Finalist

your starting off right, by asking here, ...before your purchase and Not after.
You want expert C3 Advise, post your perspective purchase pictures here.
in 10 minutes you will know more about the car,
than the previous owner, ever knew about the car.
good luck on your Search.

Last edited by 69Vett; 10-18-2017 at 04:23 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Chuckers dream (10-19-2017)
Old 10-19-2017, 07:21 AM
Chuckers dream
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 69Vett
your starting off right, by asking here, ...before your purchase and Not after.
You want expert C3 Advise, post your perspective purchase pictures here.
in 10 minutes you will know more about the car,
than the previous owner, ever knew about the car.
good luck on your Search.
The GM A bodied car that I rebuilt was bought as a project from the start. I am looking for a very nice quality driver. and at this point I am in the learning stage of looking. I dont care about # matching and would like a warmed up 350 or even 327 instead of a 454. I am a bit of an oddball because I want a sports car without the big engine I want something I can put 2k-5k miles on every summer. I have been trolling the C3 forum and will continue to do so until I do have the $$ to get a car that works for me

The Dream car would be a 1968 or 1969 black convertible 400 hp with 4 speed PS,PB and tilt for around $20k I think its out there but if not I am ok with a red one too.
Old 10-19-2017, 11:36 AM
OldCarBum
Race Director

Received 4,653 Likes on 2,915 Posts

Originally Posted by Chuckers dream
The GM A bodied car that I rebuilt was bought as a project from the start. I am looking for a very nice quality driver. and at this point I am in the learning stage of looking. I dont care about # matching and would like a warmed up 350 or even 327 instead of a 454. I am a bit of an oddball because I want a sports car without the big engine I want something I can put 2k-5k miles on every summer. I have been trolling the C3 forum and will continue to do so until I do have the $$ to get a car that works for me

The Dream car would be a 1968 or 1969 black convertible 400 hp with 4 speed PS,PB and tilt for around $20k I think its out there but if not I am ok with a red one too.
I was at a car show when I found my 73. It is a beauty. It ran smooth, no smoke, was fully loaded, mostly original and my wife loved it. I called the owner a couple months after the show and offered him a lower price and he accepted my offer.
Old 10-19-2017, 11:56 AM
Chuckers dream
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by OldCarBum
I was at a car show when I found my 73. It is a beauty. It ran smooth, no smoke, was fully loaded, mostly original and my wife loved it. I called the owner a couple months after the show and offered him a lower price and he accepted my offer.
This last summer I only went to one car show Next summer I will be at a lot more of them and I will be asking many more questions.

I also plan on joining a club even without a car
Old 10-19-2017, 12:09 PM
OldCarBum
Race Director

Received 4,653 Likes on 2,915 Posts

I was actually at the show looking for ideas for a cobra I was getting ready to order. The Corvette caught my eye, the price was right and over the next couple of months my wife kept reminding me how much she liked that Corvette with the hard top and air. I believe I made the right choice.

Quick Reply: Only a month into my search for my chome bumpered C3