Sponsored by:

On her way south to See3

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2017, 05:03 PM
wills670
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Default On her way south to See3

Well See 3's new lady is on the truck and headed to Jacksonville. David came up and inspected her in person a couple off weeks ago and the transport company just loaded her up for the next chapter in her life.

I hope David gets some good use out of her, knock on wood she never made me walk and hopefully David will experience the same. I sold the car because I had only driven it about 1300 miles since getting it back together and I just hated for it to sit in the garage when someone could get better use out of it and I could use the money somewhere else.

The following users liked this post:
See 3 (11-05-2017)
Old 11-05-2017, 05:42 PM
See 3
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by wills670
Well See 3's new lady is on the truck and headed to Jacksonville. David came up and inspected her in person a couple off weeks ago and the transport company just loaded her up for the next chapter in her life.

I hope David gets some good use out of her, knock on wood she never made me walk and hopefully David will experience the same. I sold the car because I had only driven it about 1300 miles since getting it back together and I just hated for it to sit in the garage when someone could get better use out of it and I could use the money somewhere else.
Thanx again Wilson. We enjoyed our trip to your beautiful part of the country and I sincerely appreciated you spending so much time going over the car and educating me on the numerous aspects of restoration and maintenance that are still new to me. You did a remarkable job on this restoration and it means even more to me owning it knowing that you approached the restoration fully intent on keeping the car rather than selling it.

I'll take special care of her and like I told you earlier, I'm sure this car will still be turning heads and putting smiles on faces long after both of us are gone. DQ.

Old 11-06-2017, 08:05 AM
RMVette
Race Director

Received 107 Likes on 88 Posts

With every end there is a new beginning, sad for the seller but happier times ahead for the buyer. Good luck to both of you, she's a beauty!
See 3 (11-07-2017)
Old 11-06-2017, 07:14 PM
Indiancreek
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Ya know I was never real keen on Yellow vettes ....That was until I owned one, now it's my second favorite. So much so that I'm going top paint a 68 Camaro I'm restoring Yellow. with the bumble bee stripe........ See 3, nice looking Vette, what color is your interior?
See 3 (11-07-2017)
Old 11-07-2017, 10:34 AM
See 3
Instructor

Originally Posted by Indiancreek
Ya know I was never real keen on Yellow vettes ....That was until I owned one, now it's my second favorite. So much so that I'm going top paint a 68 Camaro I'm restoring Yellow. with the bumble bee stripe........ See 3, nice looking Vette, what color is your interior?
brand new Saddle Tan interior

Old 11-07-2017, 05:11 PM
Indiancreek
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

LOL, same interior as mine, other than your's is in much better condition.
Old 11-07-2017, 07:26 PM
See 3
Instructor

Originally Posted by Indiancreek
LOL, same interior as mine, other than your's is in much better condition.
Probably not the color I would choose for my dream Corvette, and my Wife despises Yellow cars (says they are a sure sign of a mid-life crisis), but this was absolutely the best car at the best price I could find in my year long search, and I am so far very pleased with the deal.....

I actually think Screamin' Yellow is a classic 70's color.
Old 11-07-2017, 08:35 PM
Crimson Thunder
Burning Brakes

Received 444 Likes on 272 Posts

I can't wait to see it around town.
See 3 (11-08-2017)
Old 11-07-2017, 10:28 PM
3JsVette
Race Director

Received 2,466 Likes on 1,641 Posts

From the pictures it sure looks like you got a great C3. Good luck with it and enjoy the ride.

To seller your hard work did not go unappreciated and went to a caring new home

A win win!
See 3 (11-08-2017)
Old 11-08-2017, 07:52 AM
Indiancreek
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by See 3
Probably not the color I would choose for my dream Corvette, and my Wife despises Yellow cars (says they are a sure sign of a mid-life crisis), but this was absolutely the best car at the best price I could find in my year long search, and I am so far very pleased with the deal.....

I actually think Screamin' Yellow is a classic 70's color.
It will grow on her. I felt the same way until I looked at it for a while. That's why I think I'll paint the Camaro Yellow. A little different yellow, Butternut Yellow, still yellow. I was worried may two yellow cars was to much yellow but the red 71 can always sit between them.
Old 11-08-2017, 07:46 PM
See 3
Instructor

Originally Posted by Crimson Thunder
I can't wait to see it around town.
Thanx, please keep me informed of any local events you and other forum members may be attending. I would love to meet up with some like minded Owners...

Get notified of new replies

To On her way south to See3

Quick Reply: On her way south to See3