Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Excuse me, is this spot taken,?

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2017, 08:46 PM
CVO2FIXUP
Racer

Received 40 Likes on 25 Posts

Probably the owner of that establishment. And now the Jeep guy is barred for life. LOL.

Last edited by CVO2FIXUP; 11-08-2017 at 08:46 PM.
Old 11-08-2017, 09:18 PM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,324 Likes on 2,773 Posts

In case you want to catch up:

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...post1587909658

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...post1588462229

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...post1587907152

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...6-parking.html

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...post1573879349

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...post1586782749

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...post1580039963

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...post1561225298

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...post1591932536

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...post1594169693
The following users liked this post:
Gold Dragon (11-08-2017)
Old 11-08-2017, 11:08 PM
81vettski
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I like to think that if you park far away and someone parks near you they are car people too. But in reality if they park right next to you they are mind f--king you. Unnecessary either way.
Old 11-09-2017, 05:06 PM
OldCarBum
Race Director

Received 4,690 Likes on 2,933 Posts

Your opinions are just fine.
I will continue to park out in no mans land where it effects no one else and take two spots.
If it bothers you, to bad, its your problem, not mine.
Old 11-09-2017, 05:44 PM
Tech Contributor

Location: I tend to be leery of any guy who doesn't own a chainsaw or a handgun.
Received 767 Likes on 549 Posts

Originally Posted by chazde3
The T.A.C.O appears to have plenty of room to get in his car. Shouldn't park like an a-hole.

However, the Jeep guy should have parked four inches from the Corvette driver's door. Make the clown crawl over the console to get into the driver's seat.

OBTW, WTH is T.A.C.O.?
Old 11-09-2017, 06:12 PM
Gold Dragon
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 172 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by Greg
Totally agreed on this one.
This is the kind of behavior that makes people think all Corvette owners are ********.
While this is 100% accurate, personally I could care less if someone wants to take up two spots. My parking complaint is always the same scenario. Everyone is parked near the entrance, so I park in the back 40 away from everybody. I walk nearly a 1/4 of a mile so I know my ride is safe. When I return some doorknob is parked almost on top of me. While some have eluded this to respect, I do not agree. I see at as extremely disrespectful. What goes thru a person's mind when they behave that way.? Just my two centavos.
Torqued Off (11-09-2017)
Old 11-09-2017, 06:28 PM
oldgto
Safety Car

Received 991 Likes on 485 Posts

Originally Posted by 69427

However, the Jeep guy should have parked four inches from the Corvette driver's door. Make the clown crawl over the console to get into the driver's seat.

OBTW, WTH is T.A.C.O.?
Typical Azzhole Corvette Owner

Last edited by oldgto; 11-09-2017 at 06:28 PM.
69427 (11-10-2017)
Old 11-09-2017, 06:39 PM
Rescue Rogers
Dementer sole survivor

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 6,278 Likes on 3,915 Posts
2020 C3 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
2019 C3 of Year Winner (performance mods)
2016 C3 of Year Finalist

A number of years ago a Jackazz parked his corvette sideways in a handicap parking spot with no disabled plates on his car. I called the cops and watched as we ate lunch. The cops and a tow truck showed up and he came running out of a nearby business he owned. He pulled the " don't you know who I am? " the officer couldnt have cared less. It was great
Old 11-09-2017, 10:09 PM
chazde3
Drifting

Received 310 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by Rescue Rogers
" don't you know who I am? "
The guy having his car towed away along with a huge ticket...
Rescue Rogers (11-09-2017)
Old 11-10-2017, 06:18 AM
pigfarmer
Burning Brakes

Received 295 Likes on 158 Posts
Default Nj

Originally Posted by derekderek
Like I said. Both north jersey.
That clears things up. Obviously the 'vette owner developed an inner ear imbalance swooping around those stupid jug-handle turns which made him park like that.....
Old 11-10-2017, 07:14 AM
SRQStingray
Melting Slicks

Received 204 Likes on 122 Posts

This photo has been on this forum before. The Corvette owner was a real tool parking like that. The result could have been much worse. I never park my C3 or C7 in two spots.
Old 11-10-2017, 10:08 AM
resdoggie
Had a 1976 L-82, 4-sp

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Some days your the dog and some days your the hydrant.
Received 1,199 Likes on 925 Posts
Royal Canadian Navy

The jeep guy is too far to the left impeding pedestrian traffic. Shoulda moved a bit more to the right.
Old 11-10-2017, 10:26 AM
kingeak
Instructor

Received 94 Likes on 39 Posts

I've taken 2 spots before in a parking lot in my 409 Impala.

Each spot was $10 so I gave the guy a $20 and called it a day. He didn't care since as far as he was concerned, another car would've given him $10 anyway.

Problem solved and everyone was happy.
Old 11-10-2017, 11:19 PM
81vettski
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I have no issue if you take the 2 spots in no mans land but think it invites dbags to play with you. 1 spot in no mans land is a little less inviting. But hey its your car. IMHO
Old 11-13-2017, 12:20 AM
OldCarBum
Race Director

Received 4,690 Likes on 2,933 Posts

Just thought I would throw this in the mix.
Old 11-13-2017, 02:01 AM
The13Bats
Race Director

Received 772 Likes on 645 Posts

What a thought provoking thread,
i missed it the other zillion times it has popped up so just have to toss my 2 centavos in now since im bored,

I agree what a person thinks of another person is a them problem, too bad in a case like this its like not seeing the forest for the trees,

Taking two parking spaces is akin to vanity plates with something pompous on them about the car, you know like
"N V ME"

the person is raising a flag and begging for salutes, they will get them,
And in this world there are lots if dumb asses who are just aching to prove how stupid they are why ask for it?

Its just a matter or time before such cars get vandalized,
Doesnt matter which part of the lot, taking two spaces out where there are lots of empty spaces just looks extra cheesedick, but might be more prone to just a drive by act of stupidity like tossing a beer can or used diaper on the car,
I did see a shopping cart ran into a double parked car once, passenger held cart out window let it go heading at the parked car,

All my car interest life i have heard of cars getting keyed, never heard of some dolt busted for doing the keying,

And someone who is willing to vandalize a car might just put the cars owners in the hospital or morgue if caught in the act, and while i really like my property my car isnt worth flushing my life down the drain or getting hurt because i jumped some cat keying my car, no winner there,

I dont believe it makes in this case all vette owners look like arrogant tacos,
That comes from how we treat others,
Sadly a solid 7 out of 10 vette guys I meet in person are tacos, but the 3 who arent are super great guys,

What comes to my mind if a person thinks their car is so special they deserve two spaces they should likely leave it locked away safe and never drive it,
That or get off the ego trip....

But dont get mad when that flag gets saluted.
Old 11-13-2017, 08:28 AM
Bart K
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by The13Bats
What a thought provoking thread,
i missed it the other zillion times it has popped up so just have to toss my 2 centavos in now since im bored,

I agree what a person thinks of another person is a them problem, too bad in a case like this its like not seeing the forest for the trees,

Taking two parking spaces is akin to vanity plates with something pompous on them about the car, you know like
"N V ME"

the person is raising a flag and begging for salutes, they will get them,
And in this world there are lots if dumb asses who are just aching to prove how stupid they are why ask for it?

Its just a matter or time before such cars get vandalized,
Doesnt matter which part of the lot, taking two spaces out where there are lots of empty spaces just looks extra cheesedick, but might be more prone to just a drive by act of stupidity like tossing a beer can or used diaper on the car,
I did see a shopping cart ran into a double parked car once, passenger held cart out window let it go heading at the parked car,

All my car interest life i have heard of cars getting keyed, never heard of some dolt busted for doing the keying,

And someone who is willing to vandalize a car might just put the cars owners in the hospital or morgue if caught in the act, and while i really like my property my car isnt worth flushing my life down the drain or getting hurt because i jumped some cat keying my car, no winner there,

I dont believe it makes in this case all vette owners look like arrogant tacos,
That comes from how we treat others,
Sadly a solid 7 out of 10 vette guys I meet in person are tacos, but the 3 who arent are super great guys,

What comes to my mind if a person thinks their car is so special they deserve two spaces they should likely leave it locked away safe and never drive it,
That or get off the ego trip....

But dont get mad when that flag gets saluted.

Well said. This pretty much describes how I feel on this subject. I frickin' HATE snobby people, and this is why I generally do not join Corvette clubs. Unfortunately, there are many Corvette owners who are in to Vettes for status/ego, etc. and act like the TACO they are which gives the rest of us a bad name. But as The13Bats said, the rest of them are good old regular folks who would give you the shirt off their back.

Get notified of new replies

To Excuse me, is this spot taken,?

Old 11-13-2017, 09:18 AM
car junkie
Drifting

Received 98 Likes on 80 Posts

If you take two spots way out in no ones way, no one should have a problem with that. If they do have a problem with that, you're dealing with a psycho.

Taking two spots right in front close to the entrance, your asking for trouble. That guy with the jeep IS a psycho. Only a psycho goes out of his way like that looking for confrontation.
Old 11-13-2017, 09:20 AM
car junkie
Drifting

Received 98 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by Bart K
Well said. This pretty much describes how I feel on this subject. I frickin' HATE snobby people, and this is why I generally do not join Corvette clubs. Unfortunately, there are many Corvette owners who are in to Vettes for status/ego, etc. and act like the TACO they are which gives the rest of us a bad name. But as The13Bats said, the rest of them are good old regular folks who would give you the shirt off their back.

snobbish on snobs
Old 11-13-2017, 11:57 AM
929nitro
Melting Slicks

Received 61 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by ChrisMI
I'm just stating my thoughts on the idea, not trying to be rude and arrogant, I've never actually done it myself, and I don't like Walmart either . But I also see people with nice cars who take up one spot at the back of the parking lot, and someone parks next to them anyways. People are drawn to cool cars and don't give it a second thought when parking next to them.
So you think by taking two spaces in the back is going to prevent someone from parking right next to you and maybe even so close that you can't get in your car. Both drivers are wrong. I always park way out and take an end space parking as close to the line as I can. No need for two spaces and yes I hate door dings but taking two spaces is asking for something to go wrong.

Last edited by 929nitro; 11-13-2017 at 12:11 PM.
Bart K (11-13-2017)

Quick Reply: Excuse me, is this spot taken,?