Sponsored by:

Stainless steel brake and fuel hard lines

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2017, 05:05 PM
Black04Vert
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Default Stainless steel brake and fuel hard lines

The body is off the 74 so I am re-doing the brake and fuel hard lines. I am going with a Holley Sniper EFI setup with an in-tank pump. This EFI requires a 3/8 supply and 5/16 return. I am not running a vapor line and I'll swap to a vented cap. I'll be using a Wilwood master cylinder and Wilwood D8-4 calipers front and rear. I don't care about keeping anything stock if there is a better way to do it.

A few questions ...

1) Does the smaller 5/16 return line cause extra work for the fuel pump at idle? Should I do 3/8 supply and return?

2) Is there a vender that sells pre-formed 3/8 supply and 3/8 return stainless steel hard lines?

3) Does a Wilwood brake setup require the brake hard lines to be run any differently than stock calipers? For example, do I keep the splitter block in the back and the proportioning block with the low pressure sensor?

4) Are there any special connectors I should use vs stock?
Old 11-09-2017, 09:39 PM
7t2vette
The ORIGINAL and bestest
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 234 Likes on 143 Posts
Toronto Events Coordinator

Originally Posted by Black04Vert
The body is off the 74 so I am re-doing the brake and fuel hard lines. I am going with a Holley Sniper EFI setup with an in-tank pump. This EFI requires a 3/8 supply and 5/16 return. I am not running a vapor line and I'll swap to a vented cap. I'll be using a Wilwood master cylinder and Wilwood D8-4 calipers front and rear. I don't care about keeping anything stock if there is a better way to do it.

A few questions ...

1) Does the smaller 5/16 return line cause extra work for the fuel pump at idle? Should I do 3/8 supply and return?

2) Is there a vender that sells pre-formed 3/8 supply and 3/8 return stainless steel hard lines?

3) Does a Wilwood brake setup require the brake hard lines to be run any differently than stock calipers? For example, do I keep the splitter block in the back and the proportioning block with the low pressure sensor?

4) Are there any special connectors I should use vs stock?
I used SS fuel and brake lines when I did my body-off restoration, I installed the FAST Ez-Efi system with an in-tank pump, and I also installed the Wilwood D8-6 and D8-4 calipers.

1) While doing my research for the EFI system, I contacted Aeromotive and asked what size return line I should use, and they told me to use a 3/8" return for up to 600hp, and that is what I did.

2) There are multiple vendors that sell pre-bent ss fuel and brake lines. Classic tube and Inline tube are two that come to mind, as well as most of the Corvette parts vendors. I can't remember which exact vendor I used (not a Corvette parts place), but I asked if they could bend up a 3/8" ss line to match the factory 1/4" return line, and they said no problem. It fit on the frame with minimal fuss, the only thing I needed to do was get frame clips for two 3/8" lines.

3) With the Wilwood D8 calipers the only difference is with the lines to the rear calipers; instead of a hard line on the trailing arm, a flex line is used. Everything else is the same.

4) Nope

Last edited by 7t2vette; 11-09-2017 at 10:12 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Black04Vert (11-10-2017)
Old 11-09-2017, 10:00 PM
dmaxx3500
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,183 Likes on 748 Posts

go buy a set of SS lines from ''the right stuff'' in ohio?,,I bought mine there and they are the best fitting lines ive ever used,,they make lines for just about every other seller

their lines are ''double annelled'' so the bend and work just like reg steel lines
The following users liked this post:
Black04Vert (11-10-2017)
Old 11-10-2017, 11:02 AM
Black04Vert
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

That's exactly what I was looking for. Thanks guys.

Get notified of new replies

To Stainless steel brake and fuel hard lines

Quick Reply: Stainless steel brake and fuel hard lines