Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who drives your corvette?

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2017, 04:54 PM
Zjoe6
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,938 Likes on 2,425 Posts

Just me and my mechanic who just pulls it in and out for oil changes. Whups, wrong area. Should be in C5 forum. Oh well.

Last edited by Zjoe6; 11-25-2017 at 04:55 PM.
Old 11-25-2017, 06:04 PM
flyeri
Drifting

Received 118 Likes on 103 Posts

This one is simple. I insured the wife and myself. One of my best friends (who owned a 61, 72, 08, and 2011 Vetts at the time) drove it once. I knew if it was wrecked he would get out his check book and the check would be good.
Old 11-25-2017, 06:23 PM
The13Bats
Race Director

Received 772 Likes on 645 Posts

Originally Posted by resdoggie
"Just a car"

So my house is on fire and I have a window of opportunity to drive my vette out of the attached garage or go save my wife's cat. What do you do?
The one who dies with the most toys is still dead,

If people wanna place cars above life and even family so be it, not the way i am,

I love my pets way more than a car,
My wife would be devastated if a kitty got killed as would i, even if the poor cat life doesnt you wifes happiness should matter more to you,

Fire?
Thats what insurance is for....
The following 3 users liked this post by The13Bats:
dtamustang (11-25-2017), Greg (11-25-2017), Priya (11-25-2017)
Old 11-25-2017, 06:31 PM
flyeri
Drifting

Received 118 Likes on 103 Posts

I agree

This one is useless but she makes me happy.

Last edited by flyeri; 11-25-2017 at 06:34 PM.
Old 11-25-2017, 06:46 PM
Priya
Le Mans Master

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts

Nice looking kitty!
Old 11-25-2017, 06:56 PM
Greg
Just another Corvette guy
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,835 Likes on 1,782 Posts

Originally Posted by KenSny
Only me.
Wife says that driving a stick shift makes her leg sore. Lucky me.

But, some cars are "more" than "just a car" to me. The 60 MGA Twin Cam (new) the 65 GTO 389/triple duece carbs (new), the 69 Camaro 390 (new) were all special to me, until I decided to sell them. Ah, memories. Seems like something "better" always comes along.
Ken, you owned a twin cam?
I know just how rare those are, especially here in America. There are only
a hand full in the whole country. My father in law had one for years. Brother in law owns it today, just sits in his barn....forever. I've been trying to get it for years.
Old 11-25-2017, 07:08 PM
KenSny
Melting Slicks

Received 276 Likes on 201 Posts

Yes, And it's the only car I wish I would have stored away.
I lived in San Jose, CA at the time and ordered it from the BMC dealer on Santa Clara Blvd.
It was a white coupe. I seen a green one at a car show a few years back and talked to the guy for a good half hour. The engine was prone to timing chain failure because of stretch and when it failed it would cause bent valves. Happened twice so I sold it. The guy said he had been offered $70 K for it and he refused. He actually drove it and never went close to the 10,000 RPM redline for fear of the chain problem.

Last edited by KenSny; 11-25-2017 at 07:10 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Greg (11-25-2017)
Old 11-25-2017, 07:50 PM
The13Bats
Race Director

Received 772 Likes on 645 Posts

In my interest of clarifying,
I will try to explain my " just a car" comment again then i will move on,

Do not mistake this for me saying you should allow anyone to drive your car, not what im saying at all, its your car, do with it as you please.

"Its more than just a car" is a figure of speech trying to express how much this object means to tge person,
I get where you are coming from,
I get sentimental value, i get how an inanimate object can make us feel, all the emotions and feelings, my dads avanti does that for me, but its still just a car even if to me i made it represent more, what makes it more than just a car exists only in me.

I do not place cars above family or life,
I do not believe in my wildest dreams that some guy driving my vette or trike is the same as sleeping with my wife because my wife is a person, a human being with her own thoughts feelings emotions,, and she is my tower of strength, my love, my life, i respect her far more,

It would be to me the grandest of insult to place her on the the same level as just a car or cycle, as in just another one of my possessions, just an object, how sad.

I feel so badly for a guy who doesnt place his wife over things like cars or cycles but i feel worse for the wife,

Saying your vette is " more than just a car" is esoteric, all the ways it makes you feel start in your brain and end there, they are yours, created by you not from the object, its inanimate.

Park that car and have as many people as you desire walk by it and not one will feel as you do about it, because when all is said and done its just a car,

If by me saying that "its just a car" makes you feel like i am in some way insulting your car or your feelings about it, how it makes you feel that is far from my intentions,

If you feel the need to keep this going please hit me in private but i believe its be ran dry.

Last edited by The13Bats; 11-25-2017 at 07:56 PM.
Old 11-25-2017, 07:52 PM
Les
Race Director

Received 961 Likes on 571 Posts

I'm the only driver for my '69. I had the wife drive it in a parking lot once so that she'd at least be capable in case of emergency. Frankly, she's afraid of it anyway even when I'm driving.

Just a car? For those who say that about their Vettes, then that's exactly what it is- just a car. There's no wrong answer to that question. Mine is much more than just a car- to me. I've made it into what it is through a lot of time, effort, and cost. It has become part of me as a result and has thrilled me for many years. With any luck it will continue to thrill me for many more. I will die with it and, as I like to joke, possibly in it.
The following 2 users liked this post by Les:
Street Rat (11-26-2017), Torqued Off (11-25-2017)
Old 11-25-2017, 08:25 PM
Priya
Le Mans Master

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts

Originally Posted by The13Bats

Do not mistake this for me saying you should allow anyone to drive your car, not what im saying at all, its your car, do with it as you please.

"Its more than just a car" is a figure of speech trying to express how much this object means to tge person,
I get sentimental value, i get how an inanimate object can make us feel, all the emotions and feelings, my dads avanti does that for me, but its still just a car even if to me i made it represent more, what makes it more than just a car exists only in me.

I do not believe in my wildest dreams that some guy driving my vette or trike is the same as sleeping with my wife because my wife is a person, a human being with her own thoughts feelings emotions,, and she is my tower of strength, my love, my life, i respect her far more,

It would be to me the grandest of insult to place her on the the same level as just a car or cycle, as in just another one of my possessions, just an object, how sad.

I feel so badly for a guy who doesnt place his wife over things like cars or cycles but i feel worse for the wife,

Saying your vette is " more than just a car" is esoteric, all the ways it makes you feel start in your brain and end there, they are yours, created by you not from the object, its inanimate.

Park that car and have as many people as you desire walk by it and not one will feel as you do about it, because when all is said and done its just a car,

If by me saying that "its just a car" makes you feel like i am in some way insulting your car or your feelings about it, how it makes you feel that is far from my intentions,

If you feel the need to keep this going please hit me in private but i believe its be ran dry.
Very nicely said and so warm.
The following users liked this post:
The13Bats (11-25-2017)
Old 11-25-2017, 09:08 PM
Torqued Off
Le Mans Master

Received 2,683 Likes on 1,413 Posts
2022 C3 of the Year Finalist - Modified

The world if full of many different kinds of people, and quite often they don't share the same beliefs and values. Really knowing someone takes time, and not a place on a forum such as this. What I do know is who I am and what matters to me, and am quite happy with that. I make no apologies. This will be my last post on this interesting thread. End.
Old 11-25-2017, 10:22 PM
Greg
Just another Corvette guy
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,835 Likes on 1,782 Posts

Originally Posted by The13Bats

Old 11-26-2017, 03:23 AM
terrys6t8roadster
Melting Slicks

Received 337 Likes on 280 Posts

My youngest son loves to drive the 6t8. A friend that has a 68, we swap once and awhile just to compare. His is a built BB and a whole lotta fun to drive. There is a gal in my life that has so much lust in her eyes when she drives the 69 that I have a hard time getting her out of the car. T
Old 11-26-2017, 05:10 AM
TCracingCA
Team Owner

Received 1,683 Likes on 1,005 Posts

My brother gets to drive any of my Corvettes, because in trade I get to drive his Porsches!

1967 911S (replaced by his 1973 911 RSR replica)
1978 3.3 L Turbo!

Quick Reply: Who drives your corvette?