Ncrs meet in florida january

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2017, 07:28 PM
JimE
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Ncrs meet in florida january

How large is the car corral & swap meet at the NCRS meet in Lakeland in
January? I'm going to attend this year, if it's worth while.
Old 12-16-2017, 07:34 PM
Bills17n72
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 510 Likes on 359 Posts

everything is very big ,saturday will be the best day to go ,!
Old 12-16-2017, 09:06 PM
mrvette
Team Owner

Received 223 Likes on 204 Posts

Went with a friend maybe 8 years ago, drove down and finally found the place in Kissemee which is middle of Orlando, and tons of bad directions....they finally put up a sign on the road, directing into the grounds, or we never would have found the place.....

nuff said.....

The following users liked this post:
AllC34Me (12-17-2017)
Old 12-16-2017, 09:19 PM
Syl1953
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 182 Likes on 124 Posts

It is now in Lakeland, went 3 years ago and I was somewhat disappointed. Wish it was still in Kissimmee. Mark
AllC34Me (12-17-2017)
Old 12-16-2017, 09:23 PM
Bills17n72
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 510 Likes on 359 Posts

Yep its in Lakeland!!!
Old 12-17-2017, 04:44 AM
hunt4cleanair
Safety Car

Received 716 Likes on 464 Posts

Its been getting smaller since its move to Lakeland...few like the event since its move from Kissimmee. If the Carlisle swamp meet takes two days to take it all in; Bloomington Gold perhaps six hours, Lakeland...two hours!

Last edited by hunt4cleanair; 12-17-2017 at 04:46 AM.
AllC34Me (12-17-2017)
Old 12-17-2017, 06:02 AM
AllC34Me

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,031 Likes on 1,103 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

I went to Lakeland last year and have attended a bunch of Carlisle shows. Lakeland was disappointing to me. I was gone within three hours of arriving and other than the nice weather would most likely not return.
Old 12-17-2017, 09:42 AM
Don Rickles
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 134 Posts
2018 Corvette of Year Finalist
2017 C3 of Year

Jim,

It's always worth while seeing and spending time with old friends and cool cars!

There's a lot of effort and dedication from the crew that has been putting on this meet for so many years. To say something disparaging is to be disrespectful IMO....

The fact that there is still a swap meet at all, shows the loyalty of many vendors that travel from around the country. Perhaps not in the numbers of years past and it's only a small part of the "show".

I'd say if you haven't been, give it a visit. Comparing it to other swap meets like Carlisle is not fair.....

mrvette (12-17-2017)
Old 12-17-2017, 09:57 AM
mrvette
Team Owner

Received 223 Likes on 204 Posts

Originally Posted by War Bonnet
Jim,

It's always worth while seeing and spending time with old friends and cool cars!

There's a lot of effort and dedication from the crew that has been putting on this meet for so many years. To say something disparaging is to be disrespectful IMO....

The fact that there is still a swap meet at all, shows the loyalty of many vendors that travel from around the country. Perhaps not in the numbers of years past and it's only a small part of the "show".

I'd say if you haven't been, give it a visit. Comparing it to other swap meets like Carlisle is not fair.....

Also have to figger the age of the cars involved, the age of the owners too, and the countless time we all been to meets, and that most of us old farts have their cars finished for some time,
Old 12-17-2017, 11:29 AM
The13Bats
Race Director

Received 772 Likes on 645 Posts

I cant agree honest feedback on anything when negitive should be viewed as disrespectful,
Honest feedback is important

When ncrs first hit Kissimmee old town and the area made it a "corvette" event, it wasnt "just" the ncrs show, the old town vette night were insane fun,

So in due respects, i used to hit the ncrs shows in Kissimmee and each year got more disapointed because the swap meet got smaller and old town was failing, and the extras that made it fun for me were dying off,

Im not into junding or show room stock cars one after another which is basically what ncrs is about, remove the old town vette night cruise and not much for me,

Things like ebay and cl have hurt good old swap meets not the show promoters fault if the swap meet part is good or a waste, in general most swap meets are a waste now days

I have been pushing for a few years now to get my 69 and myself to the ncrs show, sort of a rite of passage, but its not gonna be the coolness it was when it first hit Kissimmee years back i know this both from what i have seen and honest feedback,

We will see if i make it this year.....i do have a buddy going i want to meet up with,

I also know if a person is into ncrs stuff likely the show is as fun now for them as it ever was....so ncrs cats should support it and go....
Old 12-17-2017, 11:52 AM
Don Rickles
Race Director

2017 C3 of Year

Originally Posted by The13Bats
I cant agree honest feedback on anything when negitive should be viewed as disrespectful,
Honest feedback is important

When ncrs first hit Kissimmee old town and the area made it a "corvette" event, it wasnt "just" the ncrs show, the old town vette night were insane fun,

So in due respects, i used to hit the ncrs shows in Kissimmee and each year got more disapointed because the swap meet got smaller and old town was failing, and the extras that made it fun for me were dying off,

Im not into junding or show room stock cars one after another which is basically what ncrs is about, remove the old town vette night cruise and not much for me,

Things like ebay and cl have hurt good old swap meets not the show promoters fault if the swap meet part is good or a waste, in general most swap meets are a waste now days

I have been pushing for a few years now to get my 69 and myself to the ncrs show, sort of a rite of passage, but its not gonna be the coolness it was when it first hit Kissimmee years back i know this both from what i have seen and honest feedback,

We will see if i make it this year.....i do have a buddy going i want to meet up with,

I also know if a person is into ncrs stuff likely the show is as fun now for them as it ever was....so ncrs cats should support it and go....
Since every thread you reply too seems to bounce to what YOUR opinion is, I can understand this is just another repeat....

Your reply had almost nothing to do with the OP's question, again typical of your posts....

Your value of the NCRS has been stated (obviously you're not a fan), so might I suggest abstaining from inputting an opinion on something you're clearly not a participant in... You're waiver that others that are into the NCRS is OK to you, is not important to anyone....JMO....

So, have you ever attended the meet in Lakeland....then zip it.

All do respect intended....

Last edited by Don Rickles; 12-17-2017 at 12:01 PM. Reason: sp
Old 12-17-2017, 12:25 PM
Syl1953
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 182 Likes on 124 Posts

Sorry to say, but, "Sometimes the truth hurts". Mark
Old 12-17-2017, 12:36 PM
The13Bats
Race Director

Since every thread you reply too seems to bounce to what YOUR opinion is, I can understand this is just another repeat....

Your reply had almost nothing to do with the OP's question, again typical of your posts....

Your value of the NCRS has been stated (obviously you're not a fan), so might I suggest abstaining from inputting an opinion on something you're clearly not a participant in... You're waiver that others that are into the NCRS is OK to you, is not important to anyone....JMO....

Good one,

There you go again trying to be some forum boss setting another member straight, more power to you...

Most replies are guys posting their opinions,

My opinions shouldnt matter to you any more than your opinions matter to me...good luck with that,

And have a good one...
Old 12-17-2017, 01:02 PM
C376FL
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

I have only been to the show a few times. I can say without a doubt that the show in Kissemee was too much of a hassle to park and the show area was too small. The one in lakeland does not have any of those problems. I by no means am an expert at much of anything, but I guess anyone can tell there is more room for it at the airport. I will be going this year because I live about ten minutes from it. Like I said I am no expert at what other people like eather. Just my stupid opinion.
Old 12-17-2017, 02:08 PM
Don Rickles
Race Director

2017 C3 of Year

Good one,

There you go again trying to be some forum boss setting another member straight, more power to you...

Most replies are guys posting their opinions,

My opinions shouldnt matter to you any more than your opinions matter to me...good luck with that,

And have a good one...
lol, but..

Your reply had little to do with the Op's question and more directly towards my post.

I was simply trying to make the point that there's a history, a very long history behind this meet, before anyone speaks they should show a little respect for the men and women that have been involved for so long.

Perhaps a little vocabulary lesson is in order here? Notice, no where are the words positive or negative used.

disparaging
[dih-spar-i-jing]
Spell Syllables
Synonyms Examples Word Origin
See more synonyms on Thesaurus.com
adjective
that disparages; tending to belittle or bring reproach upon:
a disparaging remark.

Of course opinions are being asked, ........

Getting a bunch of guys here, beating it down, is a big help.....
Old 12-17-2017, 02:33 PM
The13Bats
Race Director

lol, but..

Your reply had little to do with the Op's question and more directly towards my post.

I was simply trying to make the point that there's a history, a very long history behind this meet, before anyone speaks they should show a little respect for the men and women that have been involved for so long.

Perhaps a little vocabulary lesson is in order here? Notice, no where are the words positive or negative used.

disparaging
[dih-spar-i-jing]
Spell Syllables
Synonyms Examples Word Origin
See more synonyms on Thesaurus.com
adjective
that disparages; tending to belittle or bring reproach upon:
a disparaging remark.

Of course opinions are being asked, ........

Getting a bunch of guys here, beating it down, is a big help.....
Wb

I need no lessons from you and to me anything disparaging and or belittling not unlike what you are now doing to me for my simply doing as you and others have done here by adding my opinion,
is negative, it sure isnt a positive thing for me,

The op asked for opinions, we give them,
And mine was that the swap meet portion of the ncrs events i have been to have gone down hill each year,
I even said that wasnt the fault of the promoters or ncrs and will add its just how things are, they change,

No way is that view point of mine disrespecting ncrs as an entity nor was it meant to disparage any members,

However,you and your replies to me in this thead goes to further show i have akways given ncrs members far more respect than they have ever given me,

Now i will stop what is going ot askew,

Have a good one,
Old 12-17-2017, 02:40 PM
Don Rickles
Race Director

2017 C3 of Year

Wb

I need no lessons from you and to me anything disparaging and or belittling not unlike what you are now doing to me for my simply doing as you and others have done here by adding my opinion,
is negative, it sure isnt a positive thing for me,

The op asked for opinions, we give them,
And mine was that the swap meet portion of the ncrs events i have been to have gone down hill each year,
I even said that wasnt the fault of the promoters or ncrs and will add its just how things are, they change,

No way is that view point of mine disrespecting ncrs as an entity nor was it meant to disparage any members,

However,you and your replies to me in this thead goes to further show i have akways given ncrs members far more respect than they have ever given me,

Now i will stop what is going ot askew,

Have a good one,
I thought he asked how big is the swap meet?

Get notified of new replies

To Ncrs meet in florida january

Old 12-17-2017, 02:46 PM
The13Bats
Race Director

I thought he asked how big is the swap meet?
Okay so you were just trolli' lol, you got me..

i guess the promoters know how many spaces they have pre sold but if the past several years can be used as a judgment like reviews on here from last year, i wouldnt hope for too much.....
Old 12-17-2017, 02:54 PM
Don Rickles
Race Director

2017 C3 of Year

Okay so you were just trolli' lol, you got me..

i guess the promoters know how many spaces they have pre sold but if the past several years can be used as a judgment like reviews on here from last year, i wouldnt hope for too much.....
Op, I hope that others chime in to help your original question. I've been there, and only a trip there yourself would really answer your question. I like the layout and the cars there were awesome, as you'd expect. The day I was there it rained, and rained hard, so not much the vendors could do..or us shoppers..

As to the opinionated, I posted a very nice and kind reply to the OP and his question showing respect and asking others to do so for those in charge. Period.
Old 12-17-2017, 02:59 PM
Torqued Off
Le Mans Master

Received 2,661 Likes on 1,400 Posts
2022 C3 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Default NCRS God

Hey War Bonnet,

The thread was about the NCRS show, and people, including Bats, offered up their opinion on the decline in the show, especially the swap meet......and for some reason that bugs you.

A forum thread exists so that we all can learn from a group of people, and I think that if I was interested in a swap meet, I sure as hell would like to know that it has declined into what appears to be irrelevant. That is useful information.

If hanging with NCRS guys is good enough for someone to visit, so be it, but I see no reason to attempt to exclude comments that you don't like because you have a chip on your shoulder that not every gives a crap about NCRS.

Quick Reply: Ncrs meet in florida january