Sponsored by:

Neutral safety switch

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2017, 01:49 PM
E.Murray
Racer

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Neutral safety switch

I'm putting a new '69 wiring harness in my car. When I got it, the wiring was completely butchered (not to mention all spray painted the same color ). It had some silly 10" tall B&M auto shifter and no neutral safety switch (car was originally a 4-speed but somebody put an auto in at some point). I bought a used switch from a forum member and am trying to figure it out. I have two sockets in the wiring harness that could fit the same plug (and two places in the wiring diagram that say "neutral safety switch auto trans"). But I can (obviously) only plug one of them in. For the other two plugs on the switch, I don't see anyplace to plug them in. There's one matching one on the wiring harness (same plug, same wire colors), but it's male just like the one on the switch. Should all three connections be hooked up?
Old 12-30-2017, 02:22 PM
TimAT
Le Mans Master

Received 424 Likes on 385 Posts
C3 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

The plug with the pink & purple wires is the neutral safety. The other looks like the backup lamps.
Old 12-30-2017, 03:37 PM
Mooser
Race Director

Received 3,136 Likes on 2,069 Posts

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...post1589170231

The two large purple wires are the neutral safety, continuity in the park and neutral locations

The green and pink wires are the reverse lights, only show continuity in the reverse gate position

The pink w/white and pink (same as above) wires show continuity in drive (3,2 and 1) so they must be related to the seat belt reminder circuit but I haven't checked to make sure

M
Old 12-31-2017, 09:18 AM
Rescue Rogers
Dementer sole survivor

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 6,257 Likes on 3,904 Posts
2020 C3 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
2019 C3 of Year Winner (performance mods)
2016 C3 of Year Finalist

I would get the wiring diagrams from Doc Rebuild. Both for the 68 and 69. It shows the plug ends and the order in which they leave the harness. It is worth the money and aggrevation your going to be having switching the harnesses

Get notified of new replies

To Neutral safety switch

Quick Reply: Neutral safety switch