C3 General General C3 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

All Corvettes invited to Lakeland FL (Feb. 23-25)

Old 01-14-2018, 04:18 AM
C5rider
Racer

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Default All Corvettes invited to Lakeland FL (Feb. 23-25)

A CF member (bbrown450) had started a topic in the C7 General Discussion section asking if anyone was planning on attending the Carlisle Events Winter Florida AutoFest.

Several CF members have posted that they are coming to the event. We would like to open up an offer to ALL CF members to bring their Corvettes to the event and if we can get 20+ Corvette Forum members and their cars, Carlisle has said they will provide a designated space for them in the show area, as well as a tent for them to use during the event.

The car and the driver would get in free of charge and a passenger would simply pay gate admittance. They would need to know by February 9th how many would be attending so they can designate the space and order the tent. CF members could use the tent to post a banner, issue name-tags and use as a general meeting area during the event.

Opening this up to all CF members, would anyone be planning to attend the Winter Florida AutoFest on February 23-25th? If we can gather enough interest, I can coordinate a way we can "sign up" so they know how many will be attending.

Thanks!

Last edited by C5rider; 01-14-2018 at 04:29 AM.
The following users liked this post:
C376FL (02-25-2018)
Old 01-14-2018, 04:55 AM
SB64
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 795 Likes on 620 Posts

Originally Posted by C5rider
A CF member (bbrown450) had started a topic in the C7 General Discussion section asking if anyone was planning on attending the Carlisle Events Winter Florida AutoFest.

Several CF members have posted that they are coming to the event. We would like to open up an offer to ALL CF members to bring their Corvettes to the event and if we can get 20+ Corvette Forum members and their cars, Carlisle has said they will provide a designated space for them in the show area, as well as a tent for them to use during the event.

The car and the driver would get in free of charge and a passenger would simply pay gate admittance. They would need to know by February 9th how many would be attending so they can designate the space and order the tent. CF members could use the tent to post a banner, issue name-tags and use as a general meeting area during the event.

Opening this up to all CF members, would anyone be planning to attend the Winter Florida AutoFest on February 23-25th? If we can gather enough interest, I can coordinate a way we can "sign up" so they know how many will be attending.

Thanks!
Is that an event like Pa.? Held at the airport? Vendors, swap meet? More info. OPPS just cliced on it. Pretty cool;

Last edited by SB64; 01-14-2018 at 04:57 AM.
Old 01-14-2018, 05:19 AM
c3_dk
Safety Car

Received 381 Likes on 294 Posts

I would love to come, but it's a bit to long away for me :- (
Old 01-14-2018, 01:39 PM
SPCL FX
Burning Brakes

Received 214 Likes on 194 Posts

I plan to be there again this year , but I don't think I will have mine drivable by then , will that count ?
Old 01-14-2018, 02:34 PM
The13Bats
Race Director

Received 771 Likes on 644 Posts

I mostly care about swap meet, any ideas if its a good one
Old 01-15-2018, 09:12 AM
See 3
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

I would be interested.........
Old 01-15-2018, 11:10 AM
golfboy
Instructor

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

I would also be interested if there is at least 20 bringing their Corvettes.
Old 01-15-2018, 05:29 PM
SPCL FX
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by The13Bats
That is a subjective question, but , I went last year and there were plenty of venders there selling new and repop stuff ! At the time I had just gotten my Vette and was looking for a set of seats within a certain price range! The only set I found was a decent set in saddle and I wanted red and would even settle for black but they wanted more than twice what I paid for the set of leather ones I got about two weeks later !

I am planning to go again this year to try to find the things I still need to get mine on the road !
Old 01-16-2018, 06:54 AM
Hit That!
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I’m interested, but it’s a fairly long trip for me, so can’t commit.
Old 01-16-2018, 01:49 PM
C5rider
Racer

There are currently 17 CF members considering attending the event with 11 committed to attending. I'll be there as well, but helping out on the showfield. Some folks are waiting to see if we get twenty Corvettes and I'm sure there are a few more that might consider showing up as well.

If you're thinking about it, please post so that I can let the folks at Carlisle know and we can secure that tent and designated space.

The list I have so far, for CF members of all generations is:
See 3
golfboy
Hit That!
SPCL FX
biggiefl
USMC 0802
Tampa Jerry
ericstanley
ART T
ontime
Mike98SilVert
Flame Red
VNAMVET
gwalsh88
G8R-Vette
My11thVette
KevinRH

Thanks to all that have posted already and if you'd like to attend the event and meet up with fellow CF members, let us know so we can GET THAT SPACE!

Thanks!
Old 01-18-2018, 04:54 PM
C5rider
Racer

Thank you everyone for letting me know you'll be there. I've spoken with the folks in Carlisle and they are ordering a 20x20 tent to be set up on the showfield for the CF group. Feel free to bring a CF banner, name tags or whatever.

We've had a pretty good response from all segments of Corvette Forum.com, so expect to see Corvettes from all years/generations.

If you could, please PM me with your screen name and your full name, and I will put a list together for the folks who will be in the registration building. They can get you your credentials for the show and your window sticker.

If anyone else would like to join in on the group, feel free to continue posting to this thread and I will continue to add to the list. Also, please PM me your screen name and full name so I can make sure you get signed up for the folks at registration.

Thanks again!
Andy B. (C5rider)
Old 02-07-2018, 10:05 AM
C5rider
Racer

Default 27 Definites so far!!!!!

There is a 20x20 tent ordered for the group. The only thing that you need to do when coming to the event for the first time is simply stop by the Tom Davis building and sign in.

Anyone that forwards me by PM their screen name and first/last name, I am putting together a list for the folks at Carlisle so they can have your registration started when you arrive. You can also show up the day of the event and register, I'm just giving Carlisle a heads-up as to how many to expect.

When you arrive, you can either enter through gate 1 (Rocky Road) or 2 (Doolittle Road). The Tom Davis building is highlighted in red in the image that I attached to this post. It is located right between gates 1 and 2. Just pull up, let them know you are there for the Corvette Forum group and finish your registration to get your window sticker. Then, you're good to go.

We'll be finalizing where the tent will be located and I can let everyone know once the tent pegs are in the ground. If you follow the black line, it'll direct you to the show field area.
Attached Images  
Old 02-17-2018, 05:42 AM
C5rider
Racer

Spoke with a couple of local Corvette owners and mentioned the group of Corvettes that are coming to the event. Some have said that they are not members of CF, but wondered if anyone would mind if they parked with the group.

I mentioned that I didn't think there would be any issue, plus they might become CF members through it! Just wanted to check if that is okay, or if I spoke out of turn? Thoughts?
Old 02-17-2018, 07:53 AM
PHIL 68
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

My thoughts are that it's a great way to generate interest in this forum. Phil
Old 02-17-2018, 10:01 AM
SPCL FX
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by PHIL 68
My thoughts are that it's a great way to generate interest in this forum. Phil
Old 02-20-2018, 07:16 PM
C376FL
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

There is a 20x20 tent ordered for the group. The only thing that you need to do when coming to the event for the first time is simply stop by the Tom Davis building and sign in.

Anyone that forwards me by PM their screen name and first/last name, I am putting together a list for the folks at Carlisle so they can have your registration started when you arrive. You can also show up the day of the event and register, I'm just giving Carlisle a heads-up as to how many to expect.

When you arrive, you can either enter through gate 1 (Rocky Road) or 2 (Doolittle Road). The Tom Davis building is highlighted in red in the image that I attached to this post. It is located right between gates 1 and 2. Just pull up, let them know you are there for the Corvette Forum group and finish your registration to get your window sticker. Then, you're good to go.

We'll be finalizing where the tent will be located and I can let everyone know once the tent pegs are in the ground. If you follow the black line, it'll direct you to the show field area.
C5rider I live in lakeland and will most likely go to the show. The only reason why my car won't be there is I have done some work on it and it won't be ready. Have you gotten a number where the tent will be.
Old 02-20-2018, 07:36 PM
C5rider
Racer

Originally Posted by C376FL
C5rider I live in lakeland and will most likely go to the show. The only reason why my car won't be there is I have done some work on it and it won't be ready. Have you gotten a number where the tent will be.
As a matter of fact, we just placed the tent today! If you go down Doolittle Road, the show field will be on your left. You can either go down the last aisle on the show field or make the left turn on the asphalt between aisles BK and BL (you can't go any other way as there's a fence in front of you) and follow it down until you see the 20x20 tent on your left, next to the palm trees. Here is a diagram to help explain it.

Star is location of the CF tent.
The following 2 users liked this post by C5rider:
C376FL (02-20-2018), SPCL FX (02-21-2018)

Get notified of new replies

To All Corvettes invited to Lakeland FL (Feb. 23-25)

Old 02-24-2018, 06:55 PM
SPCL FX
Burning Brakes

As a matter of fact, we just placed the tent today! If you go down Doolittle Road, the show field will be on your left. You can either go down the last aisle on the show field or make the left turn on the asphalt between aisles BK and BL (you can't go any other way as there's a fence in front of you) and follow it down until you see the 20x20 tent on your left, next to the palm trees. Here is a diagram to help explain it.

Star is location of the CF tent.
I wanted to personally thank you the invitation and how quick and easy registration was! I got there at about noon today !

The ride there down I-4 was crazy , went past two wrecks inbound !

Then got turned around and missed where the tent was ( had my ten year old with me ) lol so I missed getting to meet up with anyone except for Procrastination Racing!

My daughter and I had a good time and I appreciate all you did to help set everything up for !

If I don't make it back over tomorrow I'll be there again next year in something a little sportier than an S-10 !

Thanks again, Ray
Old 02-24-2018, 08:30 PM
C5rider
Racer

Thanks Ray! Glad you had a great time. We had a pretty good turnout of Corvettes at the tent and looking forward to doing something like this again in the future!

I'll be over there tomorrow, but the showfield will be a lot more low-key. Today was the big day, for sure.

Thanks for everyone that came out and enjoyed the event.

Andy
Attached Images   
Old 02-25-2018, 12:47 PM
Procrastination Racing
Le Mans Master

Received 250 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by The13Bats
It was fairly big and spread all over. However, it was not Corvette only. You are probably familiar with it and don't realize it. This is the old Zephyr Hills show. Carlisle took over that several years ago and they moved from Zephyr Hills about the same time NCRS did.

So there were Mopar parts, Ford parts, and others mixed in. A lot more food concession stands than the NCRS show. And then there were the craft spaces with craft items and all. so it was a bit harder to find Chevrolet and Corvette stuff.

For those interested in pictures,

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...post1596664839

BTW, thanks, Andy, for setting this up.

Last edited by Procrastination Racing; 02-25-2018 at 12:47 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: All Corvettes invited to Lakeland FL (Feb. 23-25)