Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

77 interior in a 76???

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2018, 07:36 AM
scrappy76
Drifting

Received 78 Likes on 68 Posts

Cool. Rust free is the best way to start. The fact that it runs and drive is even better. enjoy. get all the mechanicals good, like brakes and bushings, tires. make it where you can drive it safely and have fun while you do all the cosmetics.
The following users liked this post:
Christopher Hogg (02-25-2018)
Old 02-25-2018, 07:47 AM
derekderek
Race Director

Received 3,388 Likes on 2,633 Posts

is it a numbers-matching car? i mean does the number on the title match the number on the windshield frame?
Old 02-25-2018, 08:28 AM
540 vette
Race Director

Received 298 Likes on 212 Posts

Originally Posted by Christopher Hogg
Turns out it is a 1977, just as we all expected. It is in sad shape for sure but it is completely rust free with a very strong original engine and transmission. It came with the It original tail bumper cover as well as an aftermarket tail with spoiler, two sets of door panals, two seats of seats and a spare starring tilt column, new duel pump fuel lines and gas sending unit. All the gases work perfect except of course for the clock. It needs the interior redone as well as paint, brake pads and A LOT of cleanup and de bubbling. A lot of work ahead of me but I've never been afraid of work. And at the price I paid for her I couldn't pass it up.

Good luck with your project. I had a 77 and it was in much worse shape that yours. Got caught up in the excitement of getting one. Put a ton of money into it, including a 540 big block. Car ran 10's and won plenty of shows. Took me 3 years for the frame off. Enjoy it and don't worry about how much you invest compared to what you might sell it for.
Old 02-25-2018, 11:33 AM
60 SHARK
Drifting

Received 771 Likes on 497 Posts

Originally Posted by Christopher Hogg
Turns out it is a 1977, just as we all expected. It is in sad shape for sure but it is completely rust free with a very strong original engine and transmission. It came with the It original tail bumper cover as well as an aftermarket tail with spoiler, two sets of door panals, two seats of seats and a spare starring tilt column, new duel pump fuel lines and gas sending unit. All the gases work perfect except of course for the clock. It needs the interior redone as well as paint, brake pads and A LOT of cleanup and de bubbling. A lot of work ahead of me but I've never been afraid of work. And at the price I paid for her I couldn't pass it up.
. Enjoy your rebuild,,, yes, so much to bring back to life,, IMHO, i just hope you got it for less than $1000,,,,we all know how costs add up VERY quickly,,,,,, The best to you,,,,,,,,,teddy
Old 02-25-2018, 12:27 PM
SPCL FX
Burning Brakes

Received 214 Likes on 194 Posts

Welcome to the forum!

That looks like a great project !yours looks like it's in better shape than mine was so you should be able to turn that around easily!

There is a wealth of info here and people willing to share what they know !

The 77 model has a lot of one off stuff on it so be careful when pulling things apart ! Another tip would be to bag and tag everything with before pics so you know where and how things go back !

Your original parts will fit better than re pops so restore if you can or use the parts section here on the forum !

There's a publication called the Assembly Instruction Manual (AIM ) that will be a big help to you !

That horn button and lock ring are a very rare item ! They came on the early 77 only and were recalled by GM so hold tightly to it , unless it's to shiny for you in which case you might find a few people on here willing to help keep that from hurting you eyes !

PS . I can't help cause I can only use one in mine !

I have a build thread titled 77 build , stage one that might be useful to you as take this and make it yours !

Old 02-25-2018, 05:15 PM
60 SHARK
Drifting

Received 771 Likes on 497 Posts

That horn button and lock ring are a very rare item ! They came on the early 77 only and were recalled by GM so hold tightly to it , unless it's to shiny for you

[/QUOTE]
. I noticed that horn button also,, but again wasn't sure of its original color, because of the hazy pics,,,
,,so many one year stuff,,,, i recall doing my early serial number 1968, some carried over from 1967, and, early 1968 only, and,and,and, ,,,One can become obsessed with the details, ( I did ) but,, not now,, for me I made this one how I like, many can't guess what year it really is ,,,,

Quick Reply: 77 interior in a 76???