Sponsored by:

Canadian parts store

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2018, 08:21 PM
ticul1
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Canadian parts store

Hey folks, I own a 76 Vette and looking to purchase some seat covers and foams. I live in Ontario Canada and looking for a good parts store in Canada. Any recommendations? Thanks kindly

steph
Old 04-17-2018, 08:27 AM
resdoggie
Had a 1976 L-82, 4-sp

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Some days your the dog and some days your the hydrant.
Received 1,199 Likes on 925 Posts
Royal Canadian Navy

Google "corvette parts canada"

I have used Corvettedepot.ca and didn't have any issues with them. You might save money by ordering from the US and shipped to a border crossing type shipping service.

Last edited by resdoggie; 04-17-2018 at 08:29 AM.
The following users liked this post:
ticul1 (04-17-2018)
Old 04-17-2018, 10:26 AM
ticul1
3rd Gear

thank you for the reply
Old 04-17-2018, 02:19 PM
CanadaGrant
Safety Car

Received 415 Likes on 336 Posts

I found the easiest way is to order through Corvette Central. They charge the appropriate Canadian sales tax and fill in the customs and brokerage forms at no cost so there are no extra or hidden charges when your order arrives at your door. They ship with UPS so it is quite a bit quicker than mail.
Old 04-17-2018, 03:27 PM
ticul1
3rd Gear

Default Hi Grant,

Originally Posted by CanadaGrant
I found the easiest way is to order through Corvette Central. They charge the appropriate Canadian sales tax and fill in the customs and brokerage forms at no cost so there are no extra or hidden charges when your order arrives at your door. They ship with UPS so it is quite a bit quicker than mail.
Is Corvette Central an American company?
Thanks
Old 04-17-2018, 06:16 PM
Grumpy 427
Melting Slicks

Received 67 Likes on 52 Posts

When i built my 80 vette back in 2009-2012 I used pretty well all American vendors. They had what i needed at a decent price. I would ship to the border and drive over and get it.

The Canadian vendors have to buy the parts with our crappy dollar then pay for shipping brokerage etc, then they have to mark it up to make a profit.

I used Eckler, Corvette Central. Wilcox, and Bairs corvettes. You will learn over time who to buy from and who has the best customer Service.

Good Luck to ya.
Old 04-17-2018, 07:22 PM
Norm07
Racer

Received 75 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by ticul1
Hey folks, I own a 76 Vette and looking to purchase some seat covers and foams. I live in Ontario Canada and looking for a good parts store in Canada. Any recommendations? Thanks kindly

steph
I just used Willcox for the majority of my suspension/frame parts, good discount, nice people to deal with. Few things from Zip, no issues. Classic Tube in Lancaster New York(just east of Buffalo). For some of my suspension parts I used Rock Auto. I am fortunate because I live 15 minutes from the border (Niagara) and have it sent to either CBI, Can Am, My NY address and just pick it up there. I declare everything I bring over the border straight up, and can usually get through with $90-$100 without paying tax with two people in the car. One time $150 but that was a fluke. I like Classic Tube because I can get the fuel lines etc...straight and not bent when I pick it up. Rock Auto will ship to your door and you will know the exact price up front no surprises. I would like to deal locally with Canadian distributors but there is too much price savings for me dealing directly with the US sites. My 2 cents.

Last edited by Norm07; 04-17-2018 at 07:24 PM.
Old 04-17-2018, 08:06 PM
LT-1 kid
Melting Slicks

Received 244 Likes on 169 Posts

Originally Posted by ticul1
Is Corvette Central an American company?
Thanks
Yes, that are out of Mi
Old 04-19-2018, 02:42 AM
Priya
Le Mans Master

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts

Originally Posted by Grumpy 427
When i built my 80 vette back in 2009-2012 I used pretty well all American vendors. They had what i needed at a decent price. I would ship to the border and drive over and get it.

The Canadian vendors have to buy the parts with our crappy dollar then pay for shipping brokerage etc, then they have to mark it up to make a profit.
I compared prices on many parts between Corvettedepot.ca nad the American suppliers and found there was no consistent best place to buy from. Sometimes Corvettedepot.ca was the best buy considering shipping &brokerage, other times (most times?) the American suppliers were cheaper even considering shipping and brokerage. When I went to buy interior dye none of the American suppliers would ship it to Canada and I bought the Corvette America interior dye from Corvettedepot.ca
Old 04-19-2018, 02:46 AM
Priya
Le Mans Master

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts

Originally Posted by Grumpy 427
Really? What were you driving to go get your parts, a Prius? I did some calculating on doing that and it was far more expensive than having the parts shipped directly to me due to the gas cost.

Get notified of new replies

To Canadian parts store

Quick Reply: Canadian parts store