Important info on VB&P

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2018, 02:47 PM
Primoz
Burning Brakes

Received 263 Likes on 128 Posts
2017 C3 of Year Finalist

Default Important info on VB&P

I just found out today that VB&P is going bankrupt.
I was waiting for my suspension kit for more than 4 months and nothing happened.
Today my supplier contacted me with the info.

If anyone has any other information regarding VB&P let us know so that I don't spread unnecessary miss information!
Old 05-09-2018, 05:29 PM
Torqued Off
Le Mans Master

Received 2,673 Likes on 1,408 Posts
2022 C3 of the Year Finalist - Modified

We can only hope someone buys them out, like Van Steel, or someone. They have unique and great parts....too bad.
Old 05-09-2018, 05:59 PM
stock76
Burning Brakes

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

Well, thats a bummer.

Way back when, they were the main supplier/manufacturer for stainless steel sleeved calipers. Them and Stainless Steel Brake Corp.

Now every auto parts store has them for cheap. I can see where a small specialty house like VBP can't compete against those prices.

The Corvette crowd is getting older too and it seems the younger folks are more interested in the pocket rockets.

Too bad, they have some innovative stuff.

Surfing the Net, I did trip over a company in Texas that had springs and the dual mount composite spring system identical to VBP's. Not like it, the pictures were identical. Maybe they were /are the manufacturer of the composites for VBP.

They did not advertise a name for the springs at all.

I'm going to back track and see if I can find them again.
Old 05-09-2018, 08:36 PM
drwet
Melting Slicks

Received 538 Likes on 413 Posts

What a shame! I dealt with VB&P when I did the suspension on my '79 years ago. Great parts and they were a good company to deal with. They will be missed.
Old 05-09-2018, 11:11 PM
redcruz1120
Drifting

Received 205 Likes on 122 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

I ordered a set of o-ring caliper seals that took 10 days to get to me.During that time I tried to talk to someone on the phone and was never able to or get a call back to find out if they were on the way. anyways I ended up getting them a few days ago but I thought that was odd!!
Old 05-10-2018, 08:53 AM
supervette64
Racer

Received 42 Likes on 22 Posts

Man, thats too bad. Pretty happy with my VBP stuff I got last winter. Was thinking about ordering a softer set of the dual mount springs, so much for that.

Hopefully someone buys them out. The dual mount spring idea is clever and has some nice advantages. But in the age of flashy coil-over kits, maybe people just didn't care.
Old 05-10-2018, 09:52 AM
bradleyb66
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 129 Likes on 108 Posts

Remember - filing for bankruptcy does not always equate to 'going out of business', and 'going bankrupt' could be someone's interpretation of their financial situation, and doesn't mean that they have actually filed for bankruptcy.
Old 05-10-2018, 10:15 AM
flyeri
Drifting

Received 118 Likes on 103 Posts

1. Well they aren’t shipping parts or responding to email. Bankrupt or not if they have not gone out of business they soon will be. Sad really. They had some good products.
The following 3 users liked this post by flyeri:
mrvette (05-12-2018), Primoz (05-10-2018), redcruz1120 (05-10-2018)
Old 05-10-2018, 12:34 PM
Torqued Off
Le Mans Master

Received 2,673 Likes on 1,408 Posts
2022 C3 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Maybe we all should get together and buy the business!!!
Old 05-11-2018, 02:02 PM
PainfullySlow
Burning Brakes

Received 361 Likes on 228 Posts

Wow, I guess I am lucky in that I just got my VB&P order about a month ago. It was on order for several months and finally arrived.
Old 05-11-2018, 02:04 PM
Primoz
Burning Brakes

Received 263 Likes on 128 Posts
2017 C3 of Year Finalist

Yesterday the official word got out that VB&P is closing their doors and wont be reopening!
Old 05-11-2018, 03:45 PM
MrNatural
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ouch! I'm glad I got my order in a couple of months ago, and got my monospring no problem. Shame what Chinese junk is doing to good companies.
Old 05-11-2018, 05:09 PM
C3 Stroker
Safety Car

Received 609 Likes on 404 Posts

Sorry to hear the news. Seems I got one of the last good 420 lb. springs last year. They will be missed. Maybe someone will step up to the plate and continue to offer similar parts. I've found Vansteel to be an excellent alternative.
Old 05-11-2018, 05:58 PM
The13Bats
Race Director

Received 772 Likes on 645 Posts

Originally Posted by flyeri
  1. Well they aren’t shipping parts or responding to email. Bankrupt or not if they have not gone out of business they soon will be. Sad really. They had some good products.
Years ago i held vdp in a high regard, then A while back when i asked if they would stand behind some bushings of theirs, never used but went bad, after a couple years,

I eventually got a reply i considered a bit surprising and at the same time closing the door that i would ever do business with them again,

In basic i was told bushing do that, wear out from sitting and they would be happy to sell me replacements at full price,
Do i want to place my order now?

I have been reading one negative post after another here since then so i pretty much figured if they werent heading out of business and didnt care the way they were doing things was certainly going to hurt business, and it appears it has,

Old 05-11-2018, 07:16 PM
cagotzmann
Melting Slicks

Received 519 Likes on 357 Posts

Originally Posted by MrNatural
Shame what Chinese junk is doing to good companies.
This is not the fault of "@@@@ junk" Its the corvette consumer they control what parts get purchased from the sources available.

If you don't purchase what you call "@@@@@ junk" the other guys would go out of business. And I put "USA" at times in the "@@@@@" category because they also decide to have the "Made in USA" mean sold in the USA using "@@@@@ junk specs and materials" and again the corvette consumer continues to support these companies.
Old 05-11-2018, 07:30 PM
resdoggie
Had a 1976 L-82, 4-sp

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Some days your the dog and some days your the hydrant.
Received 1,199 Likes on 925 Posts
Royal Canadian Navy

Yep.
Old 05-11-2018, 08:25 PM
MrNatural
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Agreed on all points. Same thing as Wal-Mart and small town business.
Market forces determine prices. Now, back to cars.....

Get notified of new replies

To Important info on VB&P

Old 05-11-2018, 09:48 PM
Sunstroked
Melting Slicks

Received 146 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by The13Bats
Years ago i held vdp in a high regard, then A while back when i asked if they would stand behind some bushings of theirs, never used but went bad, after a couple years,

I eventually got a reply i considered a bit surprising and at the same time closing the door that i would ever do business with them again,

In basic i was told bushing do that, wear out from sitting and they would be happy to sell me replacements at full price,
Do i want to place my order now?

I have been reading one negative post after another here since then so i pretty much figured if they werent heading out of business and didnt care the way they were doing things was certainly going to hurt business, and it appears it has,

I dont know about that Bats. I had a sport touring suspension system on my 92 Corvette. Car rode like it was glued to rails. Had the grand touring setup on my 72 before switching over to ridetech. Really it was a good ride. Parts came quickly. Never had an issue, sorry to hear they are gone.

Last edited by Sunstroked; 05-11-2018 at 09:49 PM.
Old 05-11-2018, 10:14 PM
The13Bats
Race Director

Received 772 Likes on 645 Posts

Originally Posted by Sunstroked
I dont know about that Bats. I had a sport touring suspension system on my 92 Corvette. Car rode like it was glued to rails. Had the grand touring setup on my 72 before switching over to ridetech. Really it was a good ride. Parts came quickly. Never had an issue, sorry to hear they are gone.
You dont know about which part of my post?

While i have no idea if they are going out of bussiness or even filing bankruptcy, i do know poor customer service can lead to those ends,
i do know how they treated me personally and it really would not matter if i was the only one who got that treatment, i received it i move on to a better vendor, lots of people are like that....

Last edited by The13Bats; 05-12-2018 at 01:27 AM.
Old 05-12-2018, 02:00 AM
Mewn
Pro

Received 49 Likes on 33 Posts

I have the VB&P mono leaf front suspension on my 81. T
he bushings on my leaf spring and adjustable links also got hard and disintegrated. It took mine about 18 years. I was very happy when I finally got a hold of them a few years ago, they had more to sell me. They were not that expensive, but I expect that in the near future, I will end up having to make my own leaf bushings out of a material that will not crumble. I am pretty sure I can find link bushings that will work elsewhere. I also bought the CNC cut front spindle hubs from VB&P. They are beyond perfect. I am very sorry to hear they are going through hard times.
VB&P is a great company and I will miss them! The adjust-ability of the mono-leaf front suspension is a essential necessity for my car.

Quick Reply: Important info on VB&P