Sponsored by:

Silent Restorer

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2018, 01:01 PM
Torqued Off
Le Mans Master

Received 2,673 Likes on 1,408 Posts
2022 C3 of the Year Finalist - Modified

While I understand the OP is looking for cold air for carb, he is also stated trying to protect heat from impinging into the car. Most of the ideas I submitted and others have been in regard to that latter.

This subject of cold air induction comes ups all the time, and lots of people have their theories. I am not disputing the science of it. Again, I go to my idea of ventilating the engine compartment, even in this regard. ALL NEW VEHICLES use cold air induction, and ALL NEW VEHICLES have engine compartments that are absolutely jam packed with garbage, i.e. NO good engine compartment ventilation and lots of high temperature heat soaked metal. Not so in my car. And I think it is one reason I have no heat impingement into my cab, as well as most likely better engine performance.

I don't dispute the cold air induction improves engine performance.....I just believe that it is largely irrelevant when driving a car on the street responsibly. ON a track, on a race, it is absolutely what can make you win. If you drive on the street like you drive on a track, with engine running 5000 RPM all the time,....then it does benefit you. For the rest of us, its irrelevant, and probably could get as much performance increase by driving at all time with half tank of gas, and maybe driving before you eat dinner,....to save weight.

Better yet, unload all the unnecessary garbage in the car, make it lighter, and the power to weight is even better. No science here....just my opinion. Think about it, and take it or leave it......I really don't care if YOU think it has "merit".

Last edited by Torqued Off; 05-23-2018 at 01:04 PM.
Old 05-23-2018, 03:39 PM
DUB
Race Director

Received 2,713 Likes on 2,321 Posts

BOY..nobody can say ANYHTING about what YOU do because it causes you to simmer on it an freak out. You could cave left POS#16 stand and it was all good....but...no. Here we are.

You keep thinking that what you do is fine and has 'merit' and that is fine with me. If 'others' agree with you...then you all can rejoice in that you have a way of getting the firewall to not get as hot as it can get. If a person wants to delete there heater...have at it.

And if your car is as you state it is as the air inside the cabin is as cold as the air is outside...then the air is also as HOT inside the cabin as the air is outside...due to you do not have A/C. It all in the 'wording' I guess. Because the air inside cannot be colder than the outside air coming in.

The FACT still remains that you do not have cold air induction. Which is fine...but taking of the A/C compressor off is fine on that side of engine to get 'better' air flow if it seems to apply to you for that and 'weight' savings.

But what about the ALTERNATOR interrupting the air flow on the left side of the engine.

I am not here to get into what you did or didn't do. I DO NOT CARE. Your engine compartment does look impressive. Express your views...but do not think that people can not respond.

FYI: COLD AIR induction is RELEVENT on street driven cars. That is a FACT and not my opinion.

DUB
Old 05-23-2018, 05:33 PM
Torqued Off
Le Mans Master

Received 2,673 Likes on 1,408 Posts
2022 C3 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Default Stfu

Originally Posted by DUB
BOY..nobody can say ANYHTING about what YOU do because it causes you to simmer on it an freak out. You could cave left POS#16 stand and it was all good....but...no. Here we are.

You keep thinking that what you do is fine and has 'merit' and that is fine with me. If 'others' agree with you...then you all can rejoice in that you have a way of getting the firewall to not get as hot as it can get. If a person wants to delete there heater...have at it.

And if your car is as you state it is as the air inside the cabin is as cold as the air is outside...then the air is also as HOT inside the cabin as the air is outside...due to you do not have A/C. It all in the 'wording' I guess. Because the air inside cannot be colder than the outside air coming in.

The FACT still remains that you do not have cold air induction. Which is fine...but taking of the A/C compressor off is fine on that side of engine to get 'better' air flow if it seems to apply to you for that and 'weight' savings.

But what about the ALTERNATOR interrupting the air flow on the left side of the engine.

I am not here to get into what you did or didn't do. I DO NOT CARE. Your engine compartment does look impressive. Express your views...but do not think that people can not respond.

FYI: COLD AIR induction is RELEVENT on street driven cars. That is a FACT and not my opinion.

DUB
You know what DUB - STFU. Its you that never stops the attitude, and if the Moderators want to stop the thread or boot me off the Forum, I don't care. I make statements on here in the best English Grammer I can, constantly trying to play this PC game with people, and to avoid pissing people off, and yet you are never satisfied.....and it because you don't like anyone disagreeing or suggesting you are incorrect. In your mind, you have all the answers, and if someone disagrees.....then you just have to point it out. All I do, is point out alternative ideas, and never am offended. I express my ideas, my personal opinions, my experiences, and don't attack people. Nowhere in this thread have I attacked anyone but you, in defense. And because of your B.S., here we are again.

So screw you. I have had enough of your B.S., no matter how much you think or do know about Corvettes. This issue is not about the cars....its about your huge ego.

I will resolve this for once and for all and put on my Ignore List.....that way I can avoid the B.S. See ya.

And if the Moderators don't like it......they can do whatever they want. If its me they don't like, I will live. But I am way past tired of listening to your crap.

Last edited by Torqued Off; 05-23-2018 at 05:40 PM.
Old 05-23-2018, 06:52 PM
DUB
Race Director

Received 2,713 Likes on 2,321 Posts

Can we say attitude.

And for those who read this. Show me in what I wrote that even came close to the venomous comments he used. I never said that what he did was stupid or a total waste of his time. I just pointed out that...and he also AGREED that he has no evidence in what he did...actually did a darn thing to cooling down the air going into the carb.

Once again..people obviously 'read into' what they want and do not like it when people point out issues in their way of thinking.

DUB
Old 01-14-2019, 05:03 PM
twinpack
Drifting

Received 349 Likes on 155 Posts

Default Silent Restorer

Just a follow up on progress. I completed rebuilding all drivetrain components and completed the chassis reassembly. It was time to give attention to the body. I made all fiberglass repairs, totally cleaned the under side. What a pain in the ***. But clean now. Cleaned all the wheelwells, and all the seatbelts anchors and seat track fasteners.. Repaired a large hole in the driver side floor, primed, sealed and painted. Time to attack the door jams and body.

Old 01-14-2019, 06:02 PM
TM1400
Instructor

Received 43 Likes on 38 Posts

Looks really nice! Good job
Looking forward to seeing more!
Old 01-14-2019, 06:18 PM
Greg
Just another Corvette guy
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,835 Likes on 1,782 Posts

Nice work TP,
Can you share what the cost was for the ceramic coating?
Thnx, Greg
Old 01-14-2019, 07:46 PM
twinpack
Drifting

Originally Posted by Greg
Nice work TP,
Can you share what the cost was for the ceramic coating?
Thnx, Greg
coating was $600 for headers, pipes and mufflers inside and out.
Old 01-14-2019, 10:28 PM
Greg
Just another Corvette guy
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,835 Likes on 1,782 Posts

Thanks.
sounds reasonable.
Old 01-15-2019, 06:55 AM
Rescue Rogers
Dementer sole survivor

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 6,278 Likes on 3,915 Posts
2020 C3 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
2019 C3 of Year Winner (performance mods)
2016 C3 of Year Finalist

Its looking great. Do you think you will be rolling come summer?
Old 01-15-2019, 07:50 AM
twinpack
Drifting

I am planning to be reassembling by May.
Old 01-15-2019, 09:56 AM
Rescue Rogers
Dementer sole survivor

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 6,278 Likes on 3,915 Posts
2020 C3 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
2019 C3 of Year Winner (performance mods)
2016 C3 of Year Finalist

Cool, maybe I'll run into you at some shows

Quick Reply: Silent Restorer