Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F'in body shop!

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2018, 06:34 PM
3X2
Melting Slicks

Received 466 Likes on 361 Posts

Our paint supplier comes to the shop with a special camera to photograph a good section of paint.They then mix the paint based on what information the camera stores. Matches everytime.
Old 07-19-2018, 07:50 PM
7T1vette
Team Owner

Received 2,713 Likes on 2,271 Posts

Give it a rest. If you have something constructive to add, it would be nice...
Old 07-19-2018, 08:11 PM
540 vette
Race Director

Received 298 Likes on 212 Posts

Originally Posted by 7T1vette

Give it a rest. If you have something constructive to add, it would be nice...

You are kidding right. You are the nastiest person on this forum. You come off like a know it all. And what did I say that didn't add to the conversation.

Last edited by 540 vette; 07-19-2018 at 08:11 PM.
Old 07-19-2018, 08:24 PM
7T1vette
Team Owner

Received 2,713 Likes on 2,271 Posts

Well, you took issue with my assessment. BTW, if you are dissatisfied with work done by a shop, you deal with them until they will not deal. Then you call your attorney and have him/her file a suit. THEN the shop will deal. That's how it works. Then you made a snide remark about the "gas cap conspiracy"...which proved to be the case. Then, you questioned the OP about how things are going.... Maybe you should read your own posts to see just how "useful" your comments were.

P.S. I tend to be nasty to those folks who are...well....nasty.
Old 07-19-2018, 10:27 PM
540 vette
Race Director

Received 298 Likes on 212 Posts

Originally Posted by 7T1vette
Well, you took issue with my assessment. BTW, if you are dissatisfied with work done by a shop, you deal with them until they will not deal. Then you call your attorney and have him/her file a suit. THEN the shop will deal. That's how it works. Then you made a snide remark about the "gas cap conspiracy"...which proved to be the case. Then, you questioned the OP about how things are going.... Maybe you should read your own posts to see just how "useful" your comments were.

P.S. I tend to be nasty to those folks who are...well....nasty.
No you are nasty all the time. And the gas tank conspiracy was a a joke. Because of how ridiculous it sounded.

No it dosen't always work that way when you get an attorney.
Old 07-20-2018, 08:07 AM
Red86Z51
Melting Slicks

Received 444 Likes on 322 Posts
Finalist 2020 C4 of the Year - Unmodified
C4 of Year Finalist (stock) 2019

Back on topic....

av81 - First off, when I read your thread I saw that my worst nightmare had just happened to you...and I feel terribly for you and your situation. I too had bumper covers I wanted to paint to match the car, without having to paint the whole car or have them "blended" in with the rest of the car...because the car still has it's original paint, so I completely understand your initial train of thought. In my case I sent my fuel lid to DUB at his shop, where he set about mixing and "walking" the color and shooting many test sprays to match the color. Once he got the color where he knew it was dead on, I was able to get the paint from him to complete the job. He also included the formula for the paint so a good shop could mix it for me should the need arise.

What does this have to do with your situation? Maybe a lot. If you can not reach some type of resolution with your current shop that your are satisfied with, I would suggest contacting DUB via PM, reference this thread, and explain your situation to him. He may still be able to help you achieve your initial goal of getting a paint match on your bumper covers while leaving the rest of the car untouched. If your headlight bezels match the rest of the car, maybe you can send one to him for him to make a match from. It's worth looking into if your current shop doesn't work out.

I will not photo bomb your thread with example pictures of his work, but will post if you request it.

All the best to you going forward!

Dave
Old 07-20-2018, 08:55 AM
car junkie
Drifting

Received 98 Likes on 80 Posts

With my limited experience, not many paint sores or body shops are even capable of making accurate minor adjustments in color shades, at least when I needed it. It takes experience and some times a lot of effort, lots of sprayouts.

One white car I was trying to match they actually gave me something back with my color sample that had a pinkish cast to it, way off! This was a paint store that served many local body shops in a major city.

I see a complete paint job in your future, GOOD LUCK!

Quick Reply: F'in body shop!