Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Paint

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2018, 02:36 PM
ronarndt
Drifting

Received 252 Likes on 193 Posts

Puffy- you mentioned in your second post that you have the original motor. This may make a difference in your color decision. If everything else about the car is original except the 350 crate motor, I would paint the car the correct 974 Rally Red and have fun driving the car while you are re-building the original 327. When you have time and $$$, put the original motor back in the car. Numbers matching cars are getting scarce and their value is going up accordingly.
Old 07-23-2018, 05:46 PM
general ike
Melting Slicks

Received 792 Likes on 452 Posts
2017 C3 of the Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '20- '21

Puffy, well maybe not a full blown riot. The asylum, which I fully admit to being one of them, has been calm lately, maybe its the heat!!!!! Seriously original paint is one thing ( fantastic if thats what you have) but them there is the next level which is a repaint with the correct color (Remembering there were a few shades of different reds). Lots of "original" cars are in this level of originality. The paint did not hold up well unless the car was extremely pampered.

Again I am in the original camp, not just in cars but thats just me. Red is a nice sale able color too so your lucky. Unless its bad stare at it for a while. I almost did not buy my Ontario Orange 72 because, well it was orange. Now I realized that it a great 1972 color, love it and in fact I am seeing some new cars similarly painted. Ike

Quick Reply: Paint