Carlisle Wish List Feedback

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2018, 03:11 PM
AllC34Me

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,031 Likes on 1,103 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

Default Carlisle Wish List Feedback

Corvettes at Carlisle is now in the history books for me and I wanted to thank everyone who put their trust in me to do some shopping on their behalf. I also want to thank those Corvette Forum members that took the time to visit with me, visit me at my truck, pick up parts, drop off parts, and assisted in carrying items too big or too bulky for me to handle alone.

I was searching for 27 items on behalf of others. I located three items which I was able to purchase and bring home with me from the show. Many, many items were not present in any condition; and a few items were present but of such poor condition I just didn't think it would do the job, so I passed.

Rare items remain distant and I located nothing that would have been considered rare.

I got so close on one alternator but in the end I discovered I missed the date code by 10 days. Yes, alternator was built ten days after the car, which would not happen, so I had to pass on that restored and beautiful item. That was tough.

Interior parts were not as frequent as in past years; nor were there near as many swap meet participants. Prices were higher this year, and quality was lower, in my estimation. I spent three full days, covered the park five times from corner to corner, and results were a disappointing.

I am sorry I was unable to help many of you with your shopping and wish you the best of success in locating your prized items.

I will be visiting Fall Carlisle in October, the 3rd through 7th, and maybe we can give it another run at that time.

I'm going to put my feet up for now, I'm bushed.

Thanks again.

David Howard
AllVettes4Me
Old 08-26-2018, 04:00 PM
general ike
Melting Slicks

Received 792 Likes on 452 Posts
2017 C3 of the Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '20- '21

David I greatly appreciate you even taking the time to look. Especially with your injury limitations!!! The hunt goes on!! I think eBay and the internet are hurting all these swap meets no matter what the specialty is. Why travel when ups will drop it off at your door.

How we’re rhe actual car prices ??? High low or just normal. I am curious what the market is trending to. Did alot of them sell?? Thanks again Ike
Old 08-26-2018, 04:09 PM
AllC34Me

Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '10

Ike, I honestly had no time to even look at the cars let alone see their pricing or their success. Maybe next year I won't shop for others and just go and enjoy the show. Then I might have an idea how the pricing went. This year I just don't know, sorry.
Best regards,
David
Old 08-26-2018, 07:51 PM
BEJ
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 81 Likes on 59 Posts

David,

I want to thank you again for bringing those items with you to Carlisle. It was nice visit and catch up. I go was surprised by the lack of quality items in the swap meet. I was particularly surprised by the lack of C3 parts. Since I was only there on Thursday I assumed that the many vendors just hadn’t shown up yet. Seems like maybe that wasn’t the case. I was also surpirsed and saddened by the lack of C3s at the event. A lot of newer models but not many of our cars. Maybe more showed up after I left.

Thanks again,
Bryan
Old 08-26-2018, 08:04 PM
Hemi John
Racer

Received 61 Likes on 54 Posts

David, nice meeting you and THANK YOU for your parts hunting and part retrieval for me this weekend. Very generous thing for you to do, and yes I can see how you didn't see everything in the show by hunting parts. Very tedious hunting dates and part numbers! Wish some were labeled better....

Ike, I did look through the car corral a few times on Friday. Most sellers of C3's prices seemed high. I wanted to take some pics, but didn't as I'm a recovering addict and need to limit my exposure to C3's for sale lol! I saw a few marked sold, but the sale price was already off those cars. Really, the best deals I've seen on C3's have been on this forum in the for sale section.
Old 08-26-2018, 09:38 PM
SPCL FX
Burning Brakes

Received 214 Likes on 194 Posts

David I can't thank you enough for your generosity to spend your time to hunt for parts for me !

If you do make it the the Carlisle show here maybe we will get a chance to meet !

I was hoping I would be able to drive mine this year but I don't know if that's going to happen!

Hope you had some fun while you were there !

Ray
Old 08-26-2018, 10:59 PM
general ike
Melting Slicks

Received 792 Likes on 452 Posts
2017 C3 of the Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '20- '21

David thanks no problem I know you were very busy hunting!! Hemi John thanks for the update sorry about your medical condition. Of course the only cure is another C3. Hmm I was hoping to go to Carlisle next year know I am not so sure. Ike

Last edited by general ike; 08-26-2018 at 11:00 PM.
Old 08-27-2018, 07:41 AM
Bikespace
Le Mans Master

Received 3,148 Likes on 2,336 Posts

David, thanks again for coordinating for the parts pickup. It was great to meet you in person, and I'm looking forward to seeing your C3 race car next year!
Old 08-27-2018, 08:05 AM
gguillot
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 96 Likes on 78 Posts

Thanks so much for doing the parts hunt for us David!!
Old 08-27-2018, 09:04 AM
AllC34Me

Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '10

I was glad to try to find stuff for all that I could. I had some limited success but meeting up with friends and fellow forum members was a bonus. Show went bye fast for me.

Show focus for 2019 will be the 1972 Road Shark Road Race Replica. Here it is with mock up of sponsorship, final look will be similar but not revealed until Spring next year. Stay Tuned...

Last edited by AllC34Me; 08-27-2018 at 09:05 AM.
Old 08-27-2018, 09:22 AM
nix1981
Burning Brakes

Received 112 Likes on 68 Posts

David,
It's always great to meet up with you... I had a great time with you and Bob Thursday! You're dedication and hawk-eye for parts is unmatched for sure; bags and list in tow...texting and scooting!!

Nick

Get notified of new replies

To Carlisle Wish List Feedback

Quick Reply: Carlisle Wish List Feedback