Positive C3 Article

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2018, 04:47 PM
The13Bats
Race Director

Received 771 Likes on 644 Posts

Originally Posted by SwampeastMike
Interesting article.

What I remember from the day is that when a C3 was up for sale it often meant a single guy was rushing to get the wedding before the birth

Several months back a sweet c1 Frankenstein hot rod was listed for sale and right in the ad the seller babbled something about having to sell the car because of a date turning into parenthood, something to that effect,

A few months later all that was edited from the ad
Old 09-24-2018, 01:01 PM
tzeller
Burning Brakes

Received 87 Likes on 70 Posts

I am in my late sixties and certainly never thought of the C 3 Corvette as a mid life crises car. I bought my 69 coupe when I was 21 years old and still have it today. Maybe my midlife crises started a little early.
Old 09-24-2018, 01:31 PM
Iceaxe
Safety Car

Received 2,606 Likes on 1,393 Posts

I'm 58 and have always considered the C3 Corvette an old man's car and still do. When I was young I could afford a Corvette but not the insurance. I bought a new Z-28 instead as the insurance was exactly half the Corvette's, go figure. Now I'm old I have a C3 as a toy, for the most part only old guys have the disposable income to have a $30k Sunday car sitting in the garage. To me it doesn't matter as it's a cool car anyway you slice it. YMMV

Quick Reply: Positive C3 Article