Sponsored by:

oil....

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2018, 09:29 PM
ZRXGreen
Racer

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Kerz

No problem here, glad to respond where I can. Yes, my description of responsibilities is correct. "Expert" that may be too kind. Ha! I'm working off my iPhone so I might be missing some postings. I believe this is an important topic and help where I can.
I'm having lunch next week with my old boss, Dr Frances Lockwood, Valvoline Chief Technology Officer. If interested, look her up on the Web. She is one of the world's foremost experts on tribolgy. That said I'll ask her about a Valvoline tech bulletin to address relative concerns. In my day I wrote a pile of those bulletins but none regarding this subject of our interest.
As far as the old oils being better than the current racing oil, I really don't see that as a possibility. Let me assure those reading this response that anti wear chemistry has changed significantly since 1965.
My goal here is to bring a correct response to many questions.
Vic
Looking forward to it!
Old 10-02-2018, 12:38 PM
Kerz
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

All,
I had lunch yesterday with Dr Lockwood (Valvoline CTO) and discussed the flat tappet concerns. Unfortunately, Valvoline does not have a specific tech bulletin related to the issues. She recommended checking the Valvoline Racing Oil FAQ http://www.valvoline.com/about-us/faq/racing-oil-faq. That said, she didn't recommended unknow supplemental additives. This doesn't come to any surprise. Many of you have used various products over the years and trust those additives. I'm just suggesting that you exercise caution.

Vic

Quick Reply: oil....