1975 Corvette Heating and A/C Questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2018, 04:39 AM
RogueRed
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1975 Corvette Heating and A/C Questions

Hello,

A few months back I purchased a 1975 Corvette. The previous owner removed the heat/A/C components altogether to lower the overall weight of the vehicle. Therefore, I am looking at the Vintage Air Gen IV Surefit System.

This is probably really simple, but for the heat and A/C components it options such as “For Factory AC Cars” and “For Non-Factory AC Cars”. Which option would I select?

Item Numbers 453154 & 453163 on CorvetteCentral.com

Then, for the Heat/AC Control Assembly, do I select, “With AC” or “Without AC”?

Item Numbers 453149 & 453190 on CorvetteCentral.com

I appreciate any help given,

RogueRed
Old 11-04-2018, 07:01 AM
AllC34Me

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,031 Likes on 1,103 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

If you call Vintage Air direct you can get the best answers for the system you want to install. They ask the right questions. They do this all day, every day, and they lead me through the tough decision making purchase questions and were very helpful.

Also ask them where you can get the best deal on their system, they may match the best price and sell direct. Warranty and support are outstanding, especially if you buy direct.

Good luck with your installation.

David Howard
Old 11-07-2018, 04:59 PM
vintage air tech
Cruising

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RogueRed
Hello,

A few months back I purchased a 1975 Corvette. The previous owner removed the heat/A/C components altogether to lower the overall weight of the vehicle. Therefore, I am looking at the Vintage Air Gen IV Surefit System.

This is probably really simple, but for the heat and A/C components it options such as “For Factory AC Cars” and “For Non-Factory AC Cars”. Which option would I select?

Item Numbers 453154 & 453163 on CorvetteCentral.com

Then, for the Heat/AC Control Assembly, do I select, “With AC” or “Without AC”?

Item Numbers 453149 & 453190 on CorvetteCentral.com

I appreciate any help given,

RogueRed

The Vintage Air kit that you will need is based on the original A/C application of the vehicle, So since you said someone removed the original heater and AC I would assume that it is a factory air vehicle. The unit you would us for this application is 453154 with controller 453190
https://www.vintageair.com/instructions_pdf/564174.pdf
I
also do agree with David, when you are ready to make the purchase I would call the sales team at Vintage Air, So many variables get tossed into the mix with classic cars. Contacting us directly will ensure that you get the parts that fit your application.
Old 11-22-2018, 07:49 PM
RogueRed
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you everyone for your assistance. I was able to call VA to obtain the correct info. I appreciate you guys making it easier.

Get notified of new replies

To 1975 Corvette Heating and A/C Questions

Quick Reply: 1975 Corvette Heating and A/C Questions