Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Life is better with a Corvette

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2018, 09:52 PM
ZERRY 316
Racer

Received 94 Likes on 63 Posts

Almost enriched my life after I brought home my last one, wife threatened divorce BUT stayed!
Old 11-20-2018, 07:42 PM
Gold Dragon
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 172 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by ZERRY 316
Almost enriched my life after I brought home my last one, wife threatened divorce BUT stayed!
The Corvette has certainly brought me and the wife closer. This is the first car she has actually taken an interest in. Whenever the weather is good, and the Vette goes out to play, she wants to tag along. This is a new thing for us, and as a result we are spending more time together. Yup. my life is better with a Corvette.
Old 11-22-2018, 09:16 AM
sambrand
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 40 Posts

life is better with a corvette, she was hotter then a 2 dollar pistol....
Old 11-22-2018, 09:18 AM
sambrand
Racer

Originally Posted by Mark Otnes
I do that too. The "going in the garage to look at" my Stingray. Just looking at it boosts endorphins or something!
Mark
at least once a month I ck on my baby. garage stays heated year round to 45-50, even my dog doesn't havea heated doghouse xd.
Old 11-22-2018, 01:59 PM
The13Bats
Race Director

Received 772 Likes on 645 Posts

I guess im just still thrown off on the "better" part,
My life is better with tina my wife my life is better since i moved out of orlando but while we enjoy the car a lot and ive been a gearhead all my life the best i can say is corvettes enriched my hobby,

It was cool out getting breakfast today there was a stunning white c3 parked in a lot, show car condition,
Tina said "79" right?
I said um yeah well 78 or 79 she say um no, front tag says 79...thats pretty cool.
Old 11-22-2018, 03:59 PM
Torqued Off
Le Mans Master

Received 2,682 Likes on 1,413 Posts
2022 C3 of the Year Finalist - Modified

For those of you who want disassociate life being better with a car, I suggest you keep you amateur theories to yourself, as I have said in the past. Life with women, pets, humans can be valuable, but not everyone has the same experience. I can tell you for sure that life with my Corvette is better than without it, and I can say the same for the Harleys I have rode hundreds of thousands of miles. They don't let me down. People do. Fact. Not interested in other peoples "opinions" or "judgement" about that, because I know it is true for me. Truth is the cars and motorcycles are machines, but they are tools to experience life by what they pull from the soul. It might be too much for the amateurs to understand. If a better life evades you from your car, bike, boat, etc. then I am sorry for your loss. I feel sad you cannot experience that better life.

Last edited by Torqued Off; 11-22-2018 at 04:03 PM.
Old 11-22-2018, 06:14 PM
The13Bats
Race Director

Ive always felt sorry for you ( moreso for them ) from the first time you said your car is more important than family,
Nothing amateur about that...

Last edited by The13Bats; 11-22-2018 at 06:14 PM.
Old 11-22-2018, 07:22 PM
dtamustang
Pro

Received 95 Likes on 45 Posts

amateur what , psychologist ? i like cars , not just vettes , a lot , i get great joy out of them but they are not even in the same universe of importance when it comes to family , friends and pets. when material possessions are more important than that maybe its time to reevaluate your priorities and life , when my happiness depends on an inanimate object it will speak volumes about the type of person i am....and it wont be flattering
Old 11-23-2018, 02:07 AM
sambrand
Racer

ive never caught my corvette in bed or on the road with another man, cant say the same for a few of my ex's.... more to the point of this thread its called saying why life is better with the car, it doesn't say please join this conversation and insult people for sharing. so please just say sorry and sit downa nd open a cold beer with me, I have a whole 6 pack here xd (erm a 5 pack actually)
The following users liked this post:
deanpatsalos@hotmail (01-21-2022)
Old 11-23-2018, 07:44 AM
dtamustang
Pro

Received 95 Likes on 45 Posts

i was very content staying out of the conversation until it was suggested i keep my "amateur theories " to myself. i have to agree having a corvette is like whipped cream on a slice of pie , it adds to the experience a good bit. but a dab of whipped cream is pretty much useless without some substance under it. i'll be happy to have a beer with you but i won't apologize for my thoughts.
Old 11-23-2018, 08:16 AM
The13Bats
Race Director

why cant i word things that good

Every reply i made in here sans one was netural, not directed at anyone just waxing my own person thoughts,
I wasnt in anyway trying to insult folks who feel corvettes or other inanimate objects better their lives, i was hunting why i dont share that feeling Perhaps its just simple semantics for me with "better".
Since my waxing inspires such furor that people feel the need to attack insult and scold then sure i know its time to move on....

Quick Reply: Life is better with a Corvette