Throttle linkage and TorkerII twisted intake - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

Go Back  CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion > C3 Corvettes, 1968 - 1982 > C3 General
Reload this Page >

Throttle linkage and TorkerII twisted intake

Notices
C3 General General C3 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Throttle linkage and TorkerII twisted intake

Old 11-13-2018, 11:52 AM
Kidturbo

Default Throttle linkage and TorkerII twisted intake

Hello everyone. Ive been on a 2 yr journey restoring(body off) my 1973 corvette conv 454. Its almost finished. I had pulled the numbers 454 motor with 40k miles and put it aside and built an old school 454 performance motor. It has an Edelbrock Torker II intake manifold(twisted) in which the edelbrock 750 carb sits angled and not straight like typical carb/intake setups. We just got it back from dyno(445hp/500lbTorque) and set it back in to the car. The only issue we are having is connecting the stock throttle cable setup to the carb. Since the carb is twisted/angled, the cable is short. Has anyone any knowledge on setting up the throttle cable linkage on this twisted intake/carb setup? Thanks. Peter
Old 11-13-2018, 07:57 PM
blue427
CF Senior Member

try "Summit",Lokar may have what you're looking for.
Old 11-13-2018, 09:09 PM
Kidturbo

I went on their site Lokar.com and found something that might work. Summit has it in stock. Thanks for the help. Have a nice Thanksgiving Holiday and to all the same.
Old 11-14-2018, 08:29 AM
The13Bats
CF Senior Member

I liked how they looked in the day and im still old school,
It was popular,
I recall seeing all kinds of cables made to fit but the coolest i recall the cable hooked to a bell crank then to the carb,

I turned away from them as i was always told they hurt below about 5500 and im just a street cruiser, the non twisted style i had on my 454 killed low end and a performer woke it up,

Im curious what your dyno showed, where did it start building etc....
Old 11-14-2018, 09:59 AM
cuisinartvette
CF Senior Member

St. Jude Donor '05

x2 post up your combo! Used to have a large collection of those older intakes, sb and BB. Some had the same angle always thought they were cool.
Top if off with an anodized velocity stack!
Old 11-14-2018, 10:11 AM
GUSTO14
CF Senior Member

Peter, had you thought about a Chevrolet cable from that era, for a Pickup or a Van? I suspect you will find it to be longer than the one for your Corvette and may just work.

Good luck with the project, it sounds like it will be a beast.

GUSTO

Search this Thread
Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: