C3 General General C3 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LED's or Old Style bulbs?

Old 11-27-2018, 01:48 PM
v2racing
Melting Slicks

Received 287 Likes on 236 Posts

All I can say is after using properly aimed quality LED headlights, driving with halogens is like having candles on the front of your vehicle! There is no downside to them. Cooler running, less current draw, longer life brighter and better beam patterns, what's not to like?

I had LED's on my Harley and all of our company bikes had them, so I was very used to running them. I took a trip to Maui to visit a friend and used his second bike while I was there, a Harley Street Glide. I rode everywhere and did a lot of night riding. It had the stock Halogen headlight in it. After being used to the LED headlights, it was actually scary riding at night on the curvy roads of Maui with the dim and yellow halogen light. I will never go back! LED all the way! I don't know how I even road the old Harleys with 6 volt incandescent bulbs. I guess I just didn't know any better back then.

Mike
Old 11-27-2018, 07:13 PM
jasc6
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

great idea!!! I'm doing all the lights i can on my '78 to reduce current draw
and give a brighter look.
Some of my lens covers are slightly faded and yellowed, so the switch to LED's
will help that as well.
Noe to find them!
Old 03-02-2020, 10:00 AM
nearflack
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by John 65
I changed out my bulbs in the drivers dash and center cluster gauges to LED's, simply because I was having problems reading
them even after I tried all new old style bulbs.

What a huge improvement, I wish I did years ago, and they can still be turned down like the originals with the HL light switch if I want them to.
Did the same for speedometer tach and center gauge cluster. Its a huge improvement! Did not change turn signal or bright light indicator. A little pricey but in my opinion well worth it especially since I had the housings out anyway.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: LED's or Old Style bulbs?