question regarding new harnesses for 71 Coupe

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2018, 05:03 PM
chevygod
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Default question regarding new harnesses for 71 Coupe

Hi All, Happy Holidays!
Going to once again try to get some forward motion accomplished on my 71 Coupe. To that end, I will be purchasing all new replacement harness for the car. Not afraid of rebuilding or repairing it, just too much damage and attrition on all, and want to get something done, instead of going in circles. I am most likely going buy Lectric Limited, but not unwilling to look at MH if they have what I want.

As I am buying new, I would like it to be what I want at the start. So I am interested in finding out if anyone has found or ordered a factory replacement harness with a blade-type fuse block installed? Checked both of the above companies websites, and it seems that the more modern style fuse blocks may be available, but not on a Vette harness. Or not that I was able to find.

If not available, not an issue, I'll move forward with the glass fuse style block. All of my other cars are glass, but those were able to be rebuilt as they were in good condition so no need to replace or investigate for those. Just wanted to have it made blade style if I am buying this one all new.

Thank you for any input,
Tom
Old 12-08-2018, 11:41 AM
caskiguy
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 843 Likes on 659 Posts

Originally Posted by chevygod
Hi All, Happy Holidays!
Going to once again try to get some forward motion accomplished on my 71 Coupe. To that end, I will be purchasing all new replacement harness for the car. Not afraid of rebuilding or repairing it, just too much damage and attrition on all, and want to get something done, instead of going in circles. I am most likely going buy Lectric Limited, but not unwilling to look at MH if they have what I want.

As I am buying new, I would like it to be what I want at the start. So I am interested in finding out if anyone has found or ordered a factory replacement harness with a blade-type fuse block installed? Checked both of the above companies websites, and it seems that the more modern style fuse blocks may be available, but not on a Vette harness. Or not that I was able to find.

If not available, not an issue, I'll move forward with the glass fuse style block. All of my other cars are glass, but those were able to be rebuilt as they were in good condition so no need to replace or investigate for those. Just wanted to have it made blade style if I am buying this one all new.

Thank you for any input,
Tom
I'm going to be in the same boat at some point and I'm considering Ron Francis here's a link:https://www.ronfrancis.com/
https://www.ronfrancis.com/prodinfo.asp?number=XP%2D771

Last edited by caskiguy; 12-08-2018 at 11:44 AM. Reason: add content
Old 12-08-2018, 12:21 PM
0Willcox Corvette
Former Vendor

Received 1,813 Likes on 1,458 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15

The only harness's I sell and the only one's I'll install in my shop are LL brand. And for you they are on sale this weekend @ 20 off.

The sale thread is listed at the bottom, all the 1971 harness's are posted at this link and if you need help finding something just post back.

https://willcoxcorvette.com/catalogs...c_part_year=21

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...tarts-now.html

Last edited by Willcox Corvette; 12-08-2018 at 12:23 PM.
Old 12-08-2018, 02:10 PM
chevygod
Racer

Hello Caskiguy,
thank you for the info on Ron Francis. I am going factory for the Vette as I want to get the fiber-optics up and running. But I have another project that would benefit from the RF items they sell.

Hello Ernie,
Does LL make a 71 vette harness with the blade type fuse block? If so, can your company get it configured that way?

Thank you all for this input, and any other input.
Tom
Old 12-09-2018, 07:51 AM
Cool bean
Racer

Received 48 Likes on 44 Posts

I had a very good experience with American Autowire in Belmawr, NJ. They have all the wire harness blueprints and injection molds from GM all the way back to 1950's models. They were able ro modify my 74 harness for HeI. (I also got the AC, cowl hood harness and turnsignal switch from them too). Fantastic fit and quality.
Old 12-09-2018, 05:24 PM
0Willcox Corvette
Former Vendor

Received 1,813 Likes on 1,458 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15

Originally Posted by chevygod
Hello Caskiguy,
thank you for the info on Ron Francis. I am going factory for the Vette as I want to get the fiber-optics up and running. But I have another project that would benefit from the RF items they sell.

Hello Ernie,
Does LL make a 71 vette harness with the blade type fuse block? If so, can your company get it configured that way?

Thank you all for this input, and any other input.
Tom
Lectric Limited only makes factory harness's... so if you want to replace your harness with factory stuff that is the way to go... it's the only way I'll go in my shop.

E
Old 12-10-2018, 01:00 AM
chevygod
Racer

Thank you all for the input.

I have ordered new harnesses from Willcox. I hope these will give me the impetus I need to get this project moving forward. It will be nice to start it and move it instead pushing it around all the time .

Best regards,
Tom
The following users liked this post:
Willcox Corvette (12-10-2018)
Old 12-10-2018, 12:19 PM
TimAT
Le Mans Master

Received 424 Likes on 385 Posts
C3 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

Just a suggestion-- when you get the new harnesses, open the packages, hang them up by one end and straighten things out. It'll make the install much easier than trying to straighten as you go.
The following users liked this post:
caskiguy (12-10-2018)
Old 12-10-2018, 04:17 PM
chevygod
Racer

Thank you Tim, that is a good suggestion. I've done that with carpet, but will also do that with the harnesses. Probably hang them indoors where it's a little warmer.

Depending on when they arrive, I may dig into it over the holidays.

Thank you again for the input,
Tom

Get notified of new replies

To question regarding new harnesses for 71 Coupe

Quick Reply: question regarding new harnesses for 71 Coupe