77 rear storage frame screws

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2019, 02:49 PM
Novusuhu
Burning Brakes

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts
Default 77 rear storage frame screws

Hey everyone

I bought a new storage compartment frame and reinstalled the 3 doors with the rivets.
Now I want to place it back in the trunk...
I got the 8 screws (chrome with 'saucer chape' washer) that go on the rear side of the frame, but I don't have the 4 other screws for the other side (front side, 'seat side').

Here is a picture of the screw set. I don't have the 4 black screws that pull the plastic frame against the metal reinforcements.
I don't want to buy the whole screw set just for these 4 screws. I'm sure I can get these localy (I'm from Belgium and know a local shop that sells a huge selection of screws and bolts), but I don't have an original screw for reference.
Do you guys know what the correct size and length is of the 4 black screws (see the picture)?

Old 01-13-2019, 09:19 PM
revitup
Burning Brakes

Received 221 Likes on 186 Posts

You got a photo showing where those screws go? I don't see any black screws in my '77 storage compartments. They could have been swapped out when my carpeting was replaced I suppose.
Old 01-13-2019, 11:10 PM
Novusuhu
Burning Brakes

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by revitup
You got a photo showing where those screws go? I don't see any black screws in my '77 storage compartments. They could have been swapped out when my carpeting was replaced I suppose.

Old 01-13-2019, 11:55 PM
revitup
Burning Brakes

Received 221 Likes on 186 Posts

I have the same chrome screws with washers at those four locations that are at the rear of the flange. They do look wrong as the washer overhangs the compartment flange a bit. I'm guessing that they were substituted for the correct black screws when my carpeting and storage compartments were replaced. Sorry that I can't help.
Old 01-14-2019, 01:00 AM
NONN37
Melting Slicks

Received 239 Likes on 198 Posts

the washer ones look like #8 that are on a lot of trim parts. so the smaller ones are probably #6 oval about 1/2"

Get notified of new replies

To 77 rear storage frame screws

Quick Reply: 77 rear storage frame screws