Sponsored by:

Advice for first time classic car buyer

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2019, 08:04 AM
Kyle'56
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello Dracarnion,
Based on the images provided I think the car is a little high in price even at 10k. As a seller, they want as much as they can get and as buyer, you want it for as little. Basics. I think if you spend some time if you're not in rush, searching craigslist and other national sites and you will find a much nicer car that will sell for a similar price point. But if you love the car you need to see and drive it. If not, I would suggest finding an NCRS rep or a knowledgable corvette mechanic in the area of the car to go check it out for you. The $100 - $250 you will spend on their service will save you any potential grief.
Old 01-17-2019, 11:28 AM
MelWff
Race Director

Received 1,815 Likes on 1,604 Posts

Originally Posted by Dracarnion
The garage at the train station is covered but at home it will be in my driveway. I figured I would pick up a cover or a canopy I could keep it under
Missed my point, you will not make it home from the train station to your house when it snows unless they completely clear the snow off the road. Have you any experience in driving a rear wheel drive car in the snow?
Old 02-18-2019, 08:48 AM
Poolpool12!
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Corvette 1995

I have a 95 vette. I drive it every day, weather permitting, not in snowstorms. I've had it for 4 years. Well kept up. 2nd owner. Bought at 69000 miles from original owner who kept good care of it. Selling it cause I bought another vette. $7100, with 77000 miles. 6 speed, awesome car fun to drive. It isn't unrealistic to find a good vette you can drive for local commuting.

QUOTE=Dracarnion;1598689705]Car is in NJ. Is it unrealistic to think I can buy a car at around $10k that I can use for local commuting without putting a lot of earswork into it?

The only other pictures are of the exterior[/QUOTE]

Quick Reply: Advice for first time classic car buyer