C3 General General C3 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C3 on a two post lift info

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2019, 04:30 PM
OLE442
Safety Car

Location: Way too effing close to the city.......NRA Life Member!
Received 268 Likes on 172 Posts
2022 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
Default C3 on a two post lift info

Just curious how you position your C3 on a two post lift. I figured it would be loaded symmetrically. When I pull it in, the mirrors are inline with each post but the rear arms are too long to fit under the car. Looks like I would need to move the car back about a foot. Looks like the Vette is around 16 ft long so, if I move it back to where the posts are at about 8 foot does that sound right. Right in the middle of the car front to rear. I am planning on lifting it on points on the frame and leaving the T-tops out in with the doors and hood closed. Most folks say removing parts and opening the doors is not an issue. Any photos of where you place your C3 on your two post lift would help. I've never owned a two post before and have lifted my Impala and Sport Trac up with no issues. When I get a car on and set up right, I take photos and make notes for each car in a binder to keep by the lift as a reference for "next time". Grandpa can forget or mix up facts if I don't take notes.

A man's got to know his limitations.....LOL!

Thanks for any info provided!

OLE442
Old 02-03-2019, 04:39 PM
F22
Le Mans Master

Received 275 Likes on 211 Posts

You actually have to back it up to get the rear arm cushions to fit under the jacking points in front of the rear tires. First, you roll it forward and get the front arms underneath and behind the front tires (but not on the jacking points yet) and then roll it back to get the rear arm pads, with nearly full extension to get under the rear jacking points.
Old 02-03-2019, 04:42 PM
F22
Le Mans Master

Received 275 Likes on 211 Posts

Here's my Sassy on a two post lift at my old shop.

Old 02-03-2019, 05:00 PM
caskiguy
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 843 Likes on 659 Posts

Originally Posted by OLE442
Just curious how you position your C3 on a two post lift. I figured it would be loaded symmetrically. When I pull it in, the mirrors are inline with each post but the rear arms are too long to fit under the car. Looks like I would need to move the car back about a foot. Looks like the Vette is around 16 ft long so, if I move it back to where the posts are at about 8 foot does that sound right. Right in the middle of the car front to rear. I am planning on lifting it on points on the frame and leaving the T-tops out in with the doors and hood closed. Most folks say removing parts and opening the doors is not an issue. Any photos of where you place your C3 on your two post lift would help. I've never owned a two post before and have lifted my Impala and Sport Trac up with no issues. When I get a car on and set up right, I take photos and make notes for each car in a binder to keep by the lift as a reference for "next time". Grandpa can forget or mix up facts if I don't take notes.

A man's got to know his limitations.....LOL!

Thanks for any info provided!

OLE442

Here are the lift points on a C3.
Old 02-03-2019, 07:22 PM
OLE442
Safety Car

Originally Posted by caskiguy

Here are the lift points on a C3.
I guess the pads for the 4 arms should go where the black “jack stands lift points are! I’ve never effed up any past cars when jacking them up and on jack stands but I don’t want to mess up my nice Corvette!
Old 02-03-2019, 08:09 PM
'75
Le Mans Master

Received 583 Likes on 504 Posts

Mine has asymmetrical arms, the front arms fold to the rear for storage. I drive in most of the way, then push the rear arms under the car, drive in a little more and stop. The rear arms lift on the angle brace at the kick up, the front pads lift it on the frame just in front of the door.

Last edited by '75; 02-03-2019 at 08:12 PM.
Old 02-03-2019, 08:31 PM
caskiguy
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 843 Likes on 659 Posts

Here some more info:https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...a-1973-c3.html
Old 02-03-2019, 08:37 PM
OLE442
Safety Car

I have an Atlas PV10P that has Symmetric/Assemmetric arms and I first tried to load is symmetrically! I can load it either way but I think symmetrically might be best because assemetrically might need for me to pull in closer to the front wall than I want to. These posts are giving me good pointers.
Old 02-03-2019, 10:20 PM
ratflinger
NCM Grand Opening Veteran
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 358 Likes on 250 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11, '17

Had an asymmetric lift at the last house, had the 79 on it all the time - no issues. Drive it in until the arms will position & up it went, never a problem. If you are worried there are tall single pole stand that can be put under each end.
Old 02-04-2019, 06:52 AM
OLE442
Safety Car

No issues with the capacity of my lift, it was very secure with my almost 3 ton truck on it! I did get two of the tall jack stand but only got them to hold up stuff like exhaust pieces while working on them! Just wanted to see how others dealt with lifting their Vettes on a 2 poster. Something I have little experience with, I don’t get too cocky because that just opens the door for issue! I need to get more experience with the lift! I do appreciate all the info from CF members though!

Get notified of new replies

To C3 on a two post lift info

Quick Reply: C3 on a two post lift info