Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can't find anywhere to buy "Moldings around the rear window" on my C3 -79

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2019, 09:51 AM
Falk
Navigator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can't find anywhere to buy "Moldings around the rear window" on my C3 -79

Hi,
Do anyone know where I can buy the "moldings around the rear window"?
I have searched on a few webshops, but no cigar.

Or what is the official name for those parts, perhaps I'm searching for the wrong thing

This

--
Regards Falk
Old 02-11-2019, 10:04 AM
suprkoop
Instructor

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

quick question, are yours missing or are you doing a resto and want new ones? I have a set from my 81 that are so-so but could be usable if you don't have any on your car.
The following users liked this post:
Falk (02-17-2019)
Old 02-11-2019, 10:41 AM
Falk
Navigator

Hi,

When we bought the car a "few" things were missing
We have chromed upper part, but are missing the lower parts.

The thing is that we are living in Sweden, so sending the parts can be "challenging"

--
Regards Falk
Old 02-11-2019, 12:02 PM
gbvette62
Race Director

Received 2,022 Likes on 1,312 Posts

The rear window moldings have never been reproduced, and were discontinued by GM over 20 years ago. Used ones do turn up from time to time, but you're right, sending them to Sweden would be "challenging".

I have a complete, 4 piece NOS set of 78 rear window moldings, which are the same as 79-82's, except they're polished, instead of being painted black. I have been asking $350 for the set, but I have no idea how I would get them to Sweden, or what it would cost. 15 years ago I sent a used set across the US to California, and it cost about $75, not counting what it cost me to build a crate for them.
Falk (02-17-2019)
Old 02-20-2019, 03:58 AM
Falk
Navigator

Originally Posted by suprkoop
quick question, are yours missing or are you doing a resto and want new ones? I have a set from my 81 that are so-so but could be usable if you don't have any on your car.
PM Sent.
Old 02-20-2019, 04:03 AM
Falk
Navigator

Originally Posted by gbvette62
The rear window moldings have never been reproduced, and were discontinued by GM over 20 years ago. Used ones do turn up from time to time, but you're right, sending them to Sweden would be "challenging".

I have a complete, 4 piece NOS set of 78 rear window moldings, which are the same as 79-82's, except they're polished, instead of being painted black. I have been asking $350 for the set, but I have no idea how I would get them to Sweden, or what it would cost. 15 years ago I sent a used set across the US to California, and it cost about $75, not counting what it cost me to build a crate for them.
I ordered some stuff from ebay from the US, and it works.. But those things have mostly been smaller things, like for example an electric window motor and such.
For me both polished and black would work. They don't need to be in top condition if they are painted.

--
Regards Falk
Old 02-20-2019, 08:10 AM
Cooter Tech
Le Mans Master

Received 221 Likes on 154 Posts

Try Tracey’s Corvette in Roseville, Michigan.
https://tracyvette.com/
Falk (02-21-2019)
Old 02-21-2019, 04:21 PM
0Willcox Corvette
Former Vendor

Received 1,813 Likes on 1,458 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15

I have plenty of the U moldings... .the issue is the shipping would be off the charts to get it to you and then... if it does make it to you without being bent it would be a miracle. This is why you are not seeing them. Now if you wanted to use the International thing on eBay and have it shipped to a US address and forwarded I'd be game for that but again... the odds of it making it to you without being bent... probably 1 out of 100.

Willcox
Old 03-02-2019, 06:23 PM
suprkoop
Instructor

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

So you just need the bottom piece with the "L" connector, right?
Mine is ok, black with a little nic on the left side, I've attached the pic so you can see what I mean. I couldn't post the picture from my phone into the PM so I did it here.
It shouldn't be too difficult to ship just the lower piece in a box, might ge costly though. You can have it if you want just cover the shipping and boxing.

Get notified of new replies

To Can't find anywhere to buy "Moldings around the rear window" on my C3 -79

Quick Reply: Can't find anywhere to buy "Moldings around the rear window" on my C3 -79