Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Seat belt resto

Old 02-15-2019, 07:23 PM
joshtried
CF Senior Member

St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10
Default Seat belt resto

I have a 68 with just lap belts. The driver side belt female half will not accept the male side any longer, and neither side tightens when pulled like a lap belt should. I want to JUST replace the female buckle parts since i cant seem to find orange lap belts anywhere. Im not really sure where to begin with replacing the buckles. I dont mind doing the work myself... And cutting a few inches of belt off isnt going to hurt me or my girlfriends tiny frames. Anyone know of any “how to” videos or write ups on this? And also, where to get to some working female half of the buckles?

Last edited by joshtried; 02-15-2019 at 07:24 PM.
Old 02-16-2019, 12:22 PM
MelWff
CF Senior Member

Most people have this professionally done unless you happen to have an industrial sewing machine and are capable of properly restitching a belt after you cut it ? Below is a link to one of the companies that does this.

https://www.ssnake-oyl.com/mm5/merch...tegory_Code=RS
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MelWff For This Useful Post:
20mercury (02-18-2019), joshtried (02-16-2019)
Old 02-16-2019, 01:58 PM
SMF
CF Member

Seatbelt Solutions in Jupiter, Florida did a really nice job on my driver's side seat belt when I needed a new retractor.

https://www.seatbeltsolutions.com/c3
The Following User Says Thank You to SMF For This Useful Post:
joshtried (02-16-2019)
Old 02-16-2019, 11:45 PM
joshtried
CF Senior Member

MelWff: I do possess a sewing machine capable of resewing, and do feel confident resewing the belt myself. Snake oyl seems to do what i dont want, provide black/grey/ tan (anything but orange from what i can find) as far as webbing goes. Additionally, they deem all webbing sent in as "unusable", so mine would just be discarded. I really want to keep the webbing i have if at all possible...

SMF: did you just order a new retractor, period? or did you send your seat belt to the vendor and have work done?
Old 02-17-2019, 04:04 AM
joshtried
CF Senior Member

decided to take it apart myself and see what i can do! only because i found how to crack into it... you just need a smallish flat head screwdriver to pry open opposite where you stick the male end in, pry out, and the whole thing pops open.. And i didnt even have to cut and sew anything back together!!!

all internals that you can remove

Anyway, It definitely isnt perfect, as there is quite a bit of rust i couldnt really get to.. Probably still need to replace them in the end. But that is for later Josh to worry about!

Last edited by joshtried; 02-17-2019 at 04:06 AM.
Old 02-17-2019, 08:31 AM
SMF
CF Member

joshtried: I sent it off to them and they replaced the retractor and belt coming out or the retractor with what looks exactly the same as the original. I don't remember what shipping cost was, but it was minimal. I go to South Florida occasionally and stopped by their shop. Very nice place and the people are great.
The Following User Says Thank You to SMF For This Useful Post:
joshtried (02-21-2019)
Old 02-19-2019, 12:20 PM
Onewiththecake

Originally Posted by SMF View Post
joshtried: I sent it off to them and they replaced the retractor and belt coming out or the retractor with what looks exactly the same as the original. I don't remember what shipping cost was, but it was minimal. I go to South Florida occasionally and stopped by their shop. Very nice place and the people are great.
I live pretty close to them. What's their pricing and processing time like?

Last edited by Onewiththecake; 02-19-2019 at 12:22 PM.
Old 02-20-2019, 08:59 PM
SMF
CF Member

Originally Posted by Onewiththecake View Post
I live pretty close to them. What's their pricing and processing time like?
It was at least a couple of years ago, I don't remember what I did yesterday! I do recall turnaround was pretty quick. If you live close by I'd ask for Jonathan Lloyd or Eric Dellinger, the Operations manager. I had to have one part of my belt made a bit longer so when I was in West Palm I stopped by and Eric took care of it for me while I waited. I'm not saying that would happen for you, but just saying that they seem to want to take care of their customers. The shipping part is something you won't have to deal with so I would expect that you'd get it back fairly soon.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SMF For This Useful Post:
joshtried (02-21-2019), Onewiththecake (02-21-2019)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Seat belt resto

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: