C3 General General C3 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aftermarket Radios - Any recommendations?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2019, 10:40 AM
ScottEwine
Burning Brakes

Received 80 Likes on 62 Posts
Default Aftermarket Radios - Any recommendations?

All,

I have the dash out and I am trying to plan for everything that will be going back into my 1973 project. The radio that was in the car was an aftermarket CB, so that will not be going back in. What I am looking for is something that supports bluetooth and has at least one USB port on the front. It does not have to have a very big amplifier and really probably does not need a radio as I can play that from my phone. Two USB ports is ideal, I have looked around but most have a USB dongle on the rear. Any advice on what you have found that you like is appreciated.

Thanks,

Scott
Old 02-27-2019, 10:47 AM
ratflinger
NCM Grand Opening Veteran
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 358 Likes on 250 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11, '17

I'm shoving an Android radio in mine, but it is a double DIN size so quite a bit of mods are necessary.

Ebay is a good source for various sizes and styles of radios
The following users liked this post:
ScottEwine (02-27-2019)
Old 02-27-2019, 10:53 AM
L-46man
Melting Slicks

Received 1,218 Likes on 844 Posts

Scott, I'm going through the same conundrum. My problem is they don't make a CD unit that 'looks' kinda of stock. I do not want to change the instrument cluster face-plate EITHER.

So the best I've been able to find is a REMOTE CONTROL unit that you hide in the jack compartment (which is full in my car) and have a little remote control.

So many of them have gone to I-Pod/ blueteeth and all that garbage.

I don't want to change out the cassette unit in mine....A. It still works! B. It's NCRS original and C. It's got that most advanced technology....IT'S TOUTED IN THE BROCHURE...DIGITAL CLOCK! WHOOO-HOOO!

I'll probably hide it over the driveshaft tunnel...

No really good answer here.

Unkahal
The following users liked this post:
ScottEwine (02-27-2019)
Old 02-27-2019, 12:55 PM
Drifter36
Instructor

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts

Scott
i know you said you wanted front mount USBs..here’s what I did with my Retrosound Hermosa which comes with rear mount pigtails. I wanted to keep the dash area as clean as possible so I have extensions for mp3 and USB nicely hidden in the ashtray compartment. The micro toggle switch you see prevents the power antenna from raising so it’s not up when using the radio inputs. The retrosound was an easy fit and wire and has all the functions I wanted. The NCRS people won’t like this install but I don’t care.

The following 2 users liked this post by Drifter36:
cor66vette (06-26-2019), ScottEwine (02-27-2019)

Get notified of new replies

To Aftermarket Radios - Any recommendations?

Quick Reply: Aftermarket Radios - Any recommendations?