C3 General General C3 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just finished Rem rear window, 8 track & Soundbar in the '76!

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2019, 07:23 AM
OLE442
Safety Car

Location: Way too effing close to the city.......NRA Life Member!
Received 267 Likes on 172 Posts
2022 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Originally Posted by '75
OLE442, nice work, the removable window is in my near future, I have everything waiting except different halo panels. Did you trim your originals and then use bezels around the latches or replacement panels?
I bought an almost complete ( was missing the push button storage tray latch but I found that later) collection of parts from a member of the Corvette Forum a couple years ago and just go around to putting it in. It had a 1967 rear window and the later style latches. The halo panels that came with it had the trim/bezel pieces instead of the later molded, one piece halos. I assumed that the halos were from the earlier model and weren't cut down since the cut out area is very clean.....but I can't be sure. I also want to keep the original halos just in case I want to go back to stock or if I ever sell it.....stock is stock. The ones I rec'd in the collection looked nice when installed after being dyed.

I didn't want to drill too many holes in the rear bulkhead so I did not install the push button storage tray even though I seem to have a nice piece and all the hardware to install. Most on Ebay don't come with all the hardware and especially the latch. If you'll need one or know of someone who does, it's listed on the C3 For Sale section right now! Being a rather big guy and nearing 70, I didn't want to try to install it and try to drill the holes and all! Got to know your limitations.

Take care,
OLE442

Last edited by OLE442; 04-22-2019 at 07:26 AM. Reason: added thoughts
Old 04-23-2019, 09:39 PM
OLE442
Safety Car

Location: Way too effing close to the city.......NRA Life Member!
Received 267 Likes on 172 Posts
2022 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

UPDATE, earlier today I had the rear window out and the T-tops off, and it seems there is more turbulence.....but I still enjoy having that back window out!

Quick Reply: Just finished Rem rear window, 8 track & Soundbar in the '76!