OK, What's happened to Bats?

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2019, 06:49 AM
Syl1953
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 182 Likes on 124 Posts

Default OK, What's happened to Bats?

Just as title says- where is/has he been? Have not seen any of his posts for awhile . Was talking with his nemesis Fiberglass Mike yesterday and he has no idea. He would like to mend the fence if it was possible. Just curious, Mark

Popular Reply

04-30-2019, 01:27 PM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,329 Likes on 2,775 Posts

Originally Posted by oldgto
I got a couple e-mails from Bats... and this seems to be the case. Tired of the negative banter, AND... as I suspected, he`s been busy with some of his other projects.
Glad you got an answer from him that satisfies you. I think that was the original purpose of this thread.

Originally Posted by Rescue Rogers
4 years ago when i joined, it was the Tech forum that usually had the worst offenders. Its bleeding into general now. Hopefully they'll move on or get shut down by the mods
The rest of the recent posts in this thread are all commentary on the state of the forum. I will comment that we have removed multiple members from the C3 side not very long ago who were repeat offenders in the conflict area and their removal, in my opinion, has resulted in a drastic improvement. However, as there are members posting here that feel there is an ongoing problem, I would suggest that when you see rude, offending, conflict-creating posts, to hit the Report Post button and that way every section moderator will see them and someone will review that post. Or, you can directly PM me or any other section Mod or Admin and again, I guarantee offending posts will be reviewed and addressed, every time. Not reporting these threads and just not posting or participating doesn’t help anyone and doesn’t improve anything.

Also, occasionally there are members who are sanctioned for conflict or other rules problems who will go on self imposed hiatuses and then return after a time frame, and problems that seem to be over suddenly pop up again. So again, I would advise members who feel there are postings or influences that make them feel like they would rather not participate to please inform the moderation staff so we can address it, rather than not letting us know. It’s impossible for us to see every post.

Members, your contributions and participation in helping staff address issues are the quickest and most efficient route to weeding out problems and keeping the discussions at the highest levels they can be. Thanks in advance.
Old 04-26-2019, 10:00 AM
derekderek
Race Director

Received 3,388 Likes on 2,633 Posts

Looks like he hasn't been logged in here since March 13th. Sux. Usually a sign of something wrong. Let's hope not. A lot of us are 60's and 70's. Pray we are still wrenching in our 90's...
Old 04-26-2019, 04:28 PM
resdoggie
Had a 1976 L-82, 4-sp

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Some days your the dog and some days your the hydrant.
Received 1,199 Likes on 925 Posts
Royal Canadian Navy

Curious about this also. Hope he's ok.
The following users liked this post:
'75 (04-26-2019)
Old 04-26-2019, 08:51 PM
doorgunner
Nam Labrat

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4,174 Likes on 2,736 Posts

I was wondering the same yesterday. I'll check my new phone to see if his # transferred into the new sim card.

Last edited by doorgunner; 04-26-2019 at 08:52 PM.
Old 04-26-2019, 10:56 PM
Richard454
Le Mans Master

Received 3,220 Likes on 1,732 Posts
2023 Restomod of the Year finalist
2020 C3 of the Year Winner - Modified

Just go to his profile...Has his phone number and email address right there
doorgunner (04-27-2019)
Old 04-27-2019, 12:22 AM
20mercury
Melting Slicks

Received 568 Likes on 445 Posts

Default Ditto here too

Same here enjoyed reading bats posts. Have not seen bats in awhile now

Maybe everybody cycles through sooner or later? No Alan either, oh well
Old 04-27-2019, 06:23 AM
oldgto
Safety Car

Received 991 Likes on 485 Posts

He`s been here a couple times... always enjoy his visits. I have parts waiting for him that he was interested in. I`ve also missed his posts, but I know he has some health issues, and still has many irons in the fire. I think he keeps pretty busy, with the Vette being only one of his interests. Maybe this will help.....

Rescue Rogers (04-29-2019)
Old 04-27-2019, 08:07 AM
Rescue Rogers
Dementer sole survivor

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 6,284 Likes on 3,917 Posts
2020 C3 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
2019 C3 of Year Winner (performance mods)
2016 C3 of Year Finalist

I thought he posted a while back, and this is going by my memory which is fuzzy like a year old peach, that he wasnt goiing to participate much anymore due to some conflict of opinions or something. Theres been a few long time members that are getting away from the forum due to some of the newer members attitudes.

I've been seeing alot of posts that are pretty obnoxious lately. I'ld rather it would be that than an injury or illness.
Rodnok1 (04-27-2019)
Old 04-27-2019, 10:08 PM
PainfullySlow
Burning Brakes

Received 361 Likes on 228 Posts

I will try texting him and see if I get a response.
Old 04-29-2019, 01:28 AM
OMF
Melting Slicks

Received 343 Likes on 250 Posts

I sometimes need a breather from the forum as the banter back and forth from some members get to be a bit much.....I just go hang out at my aircraft forums until spring rolls around and I come back.
OLDGTO that's a classic move
Hopefully BATS and Allen are just taking breathers.....
The following 3 users liked this post by OMF:
AllC34Me (04-29-2019), doorgunner (04-29-2019), Rescue Rogers (04-29-2019)
Old 04-29-2019, 05:46 PM
CheezMoe
Melting Slicks

Received 100 Likes on 85 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13,'19-'20

I thought he posted a while back, and this is going by my memory which is fuzzy like a year old peach, that he wasnt goiing to participate much anymore due to some conflict of opinions or something. Theres been a few long time members that are getting away from the forum due to some of the newer members attitudes.

I've been seeing alot of posts that are pretty obnoxious lately. I'ld rather it would be that than an injury or illness.

I believe there may be some fact to this. Personally, I became a 90% read only forum member. It just seemed like any time I had a comment or opinion on anything, 2-3 folks (mostly the same ones) would reply with attacks that would get you a black eye if you were standing in front of me talking that crap. Way too many trolls makes the interwebs not fun. So I just stopped posting for the most part. Most of the time I come here now it's to search thru faq's or stickies to find specific info, but for the most part I have disengaged.

But I sincerely hope Bats is ok and just fed up with the

Have a nice day everyone!

Last edited by CheezMoe; 04-29-2019 at 05:47 PM.
Rescue Rogers (04-29-2019)
Old 04-29-2019, 07:02 PM
oldgto
Safety Car

Received 991 Likes on 485 Posts

Originally Posted by dosoctaves
I believe there may be some fact to this. Personally, I became a 90% read only forum member. It just seemed like any time I had a comment or opinion on anything, 2-3 folks (mostly the same ones) would reply with attacks that would get you a black eye if you were standing in front of me talking that crap. Way too many trolls makes the interwebs not fun. So I just stopped posting for the most part. Most of the time I come here now it's to search thru faq's or stickies to find specific info, but for the most part I have disengaged.

I got a couple e-mails from Bats... and this seems to be the case. Tired of the negative banter, AND... as I suspected, he`s been busy with some of his other projects.
Old 04-29-2019, 07:12 PM
Mooser
Race Director

Received 3,138 Likes on 2,069 Posts

.....Theres been a few long time members that are getting away from the forum due to some of the newer members attitudes.....
Originally Posted by sstocker31
I sometimes need a breather from the forum as the banter back and forth from some members get to be a bit much......
Hopefully BATS and Allen are just taking breathers.....
....I became a 90% read only forum member. It just seemed like any time I had a comment or opinion on anything, 2-3 folks (mostly the same ones) would reply with attacks....:
Originally Posted by oldgto
.... and this seems to be the case. Tired of the negative banter, AND......
I took a planned year off for the same reasons, really changed my posting habits when I did come back. Hopefully Alan is the same (a year coming up here soon I believe) and returns
Forum isn't what it was when I first joined not that long ago
M
Old 04-29-2019, 08:03 PM
kanvasman
Melting Slicks

Received 794 Likes on 543 Posts

My thoughts are the same, It seems that a lot of people don't know how to have a discussion. But only know how to attack. My way or the highway. Unfortunately it appears that what is going on in the country has trickled down to the forum. Another sign I am getting old.
Old 04-29-2019, 09:12 PM
shenango
Racer

Received 365 Likes on 140 Posts

I agree that the arrogance and cynicism of today's US of A occurs on this board but it is also prevalent on some of the other hobby type forums I have been a member of. There is a wealth of information available here but it is a shame you have to wade through tons of BS and petty posturing to learn anything of any value. I will continue to read and learn what I can from the true experts here and also contribute where and when I can.
Peace out and keep the shiny side up,
Jerry
Old 04-29-2019, 09:54 PM
Jstan2014
Safety Car

Received 546 Likes on 421 Posts

I have found the C3 forum members to be some of the best (kindest, friendliest, most helpful and informed, etc.) in the whole Corvette Forum. I basically stopped posting and even reading the C6 forums. Quite often I’m embarrassed to be associated with the likes of MANY of the members over there. Kudos to those here who make me proud to be a C3 Corvette owner and “thank you” to all who have guided me along the way, both knowingly and unknowingly. You are appreciated!
74_stingray (04-30-2019)
Old 04-30-2019, 09:56 AM
Rescue Rogers
Dementer sole survivor

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 6,284 Likes on 3,917 Posts
2020 C3 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
2019 C3 of Year Winner (performance mods)
2016 C3 of Year Finalist

4 years ago when i joined, it was the Tech forum that usually had the worst offenders. Its bleeding into general now. Hopefully they'll move on or get shut down by the mods

Get notified of new replies

To OK, What's happened to Bats?

Old 04-30-2019, 10:31 AM
chstitans42
TheCorvetteBen
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 136 Likes on 74 Posts

Same here
Old 04-30-2019, 12:10 PM
speedreed8
Melting Slicks

Received 299 Likes on 202 Posts

Originally Posted by chstitans42
Same here
Old 04-30-2019, 12:59 PM
Hopper12
Melting Slicks

Received 2,063 Likes on 980 Posts

I first joined CF in 2014 when we purchased our first vette - a '15 C7. Then we picked up a '72 C3, and then a '17 GS. This Sunday pm I'm going to CA to pick up a '68 427/435. What I've noticed during that time:

* The C7 forum has become increasingly snarky, but mostly from a handful of knuckleheads who seem to gain some sort of enjoyment from being keyboard tough guys.
* At first I saw almost none of this on the C3 forum, but it has certainly crept in over the last several months. Still, it's only from a handful of forum members but they seem to try and create an environment that most real gearheads don't appreciate - we just want to share, help, etc.
* I've found the C3 forum members to be especially helpful. I got a lot of help from Alan and others when we first began looking at C3s. DUB private messaged me and gave me his cell number and offered to help diagnose stuff over the phone. Many others, including BATS have helped too. I shouldn't have mentioned names because I'm leaving several out - but you know who you are.

What I really hope is that the few knuckleheads that create conflict will either re-think the way they communicate (preferable) or just leave. I really appreciate the genuine help I get (and give when I have answers), and would look forward to meeting many of you in person (I will on Monday when I meet the wonderful forum member and wife I'm purchasing the '68 from). Let's not let the few dictate how the rest of us think, act, and help.

PS: I might add that I've recently found how to use the 'Ignore' function in the forum. I've put a few forum members on my ignore list and find it much more enjoyable now. If we politely/professionally call out those who are the worst of the worst and put them on our ignore lists, it just might go back to the environment most of us enjoy?

Last edited by Hopper12; 04-30-2019 at 01:16 PM.
Jstan2014 (04-30-2019)

Quick Reply: OK, What's happened to Bats?