C3 General General C3 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do you value a paint color you like or original paint more?

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2019, 04:05 PM
DueVette
Cruising
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Depends... I prefer the original color if everything else is matching numbers. And any earlier or later Corvette color if it’s not matching numbers. Just my two cents :-)
Old 06-11-2019, 08:40 PM
Alwyn678
Team Owner

Received 141 Likes on 124 Posts

Custom spray her, I did
Old 06-11-2019, 09:31 PM
twinpack
Drifting

Received 349 Likes on 155 Posts

Default Color

In my case my car is a early 68, October 67 build date, the car is Corvette Bronze with Dark Orange interior. Not my favorite but very 1968. I'm finishing up my restoration and will be putting it back to original. Is it a collector car? Most here will say no but people that are not as like minded as the people in the know will see the uniqueness. I see red blue, black, silver even white but I do not see Corvette Bronze with Dark Orange interior, so i am going with it.
Old 06-12-2019, 12:15 AM
Redvette2
Drifting

Location: Loud, Raw and Dangerous 1968 327 4S in Southern California
Received 387 Likes on 278 Posts

All four of my Corvettes have been red....that is the color I like and I don't care what others think. Buy the color you want as repainting is stupid expensive especially if you want it done right.

Redvette2
Old 06-12-2019, 10:54 AM
78EAGLE2B
Burning Brakes

Received 41 Likes on 29 Posts

In my humble opinion, do what you like to your car; it's yours. Some things I have considered: show car or driver, keep it entirely stock and #'s matching, keeping it or resale to start over on another project, deep pockets, and do I even like the color? In my case, I am recently retired without a blank check, and I am dangerous with a wrench in my hand. I wanted a nice looking car that was not a rust bucket, that was not a hot rod but could get out of its own way. It did not have to be bone stock because I am not concerned about winning a car show or selling it at an auction. So I put on Bilstein shocks, Borgeson steering box, a new heater core and new bumpers. The color is Roush Mercedes Beige Metallic, which a number would scoff at. I like it and have received many compliments. I'm finished with upgrades, so now I drive it and enjoy it. The end.

Quick Reply: Do you value a paint color you like or original paint more?