Sponsored by:

Reverse light switch plug in 4 speed

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2021, 07:48 PM
qtrmile2
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Reverse light switch plug in 4 speed

Can anyone tell me where the plug in for the reverse lights are on a 1970 corvette 4 speed. The 70 Corvette manual shows that is on the driver side fire wall and is a short plug close to the Brake Master cylinder.
I have looked everywhere and can not find where to plug it in.
Thanks, Vince
Old 01-18-2021, 08:02 PM
Duke94
Le Mans Master

Received 257 Likes on 209 Posts

That's where it's supposed to be. Here's my 79', but they should all be much the same. Green and pink wires.
Old 01-18-2021, 11:55 PM
Eliredandblack
Drifting

Received 434 Likes on 363 Posts

I have a picture from a Forum member showing the switch assembly on a manual tranny. Bubba decided that back up lights wear that important😩.

Plug to tranny switch left of brake mater cylinder

Old 01-19-2021, 10:16 AM
qtrmile2
Instructor

Originally Posted by Eliredandblack
I have a picture from a Forum member showing the switch assembly on a manual tranny. Bubba decided that back up lights wear that important😩.

Plug to tranny switch left of brake mater cylinder

Perfect thanks for the pics. I put all new harnesses in the car so it may be under the dash.
Thanks again.
Old 01-19-2021, 06:02 PM
qtrmile2
Instructor

Originally Posted by qtrmile2
Perfect thanks for the pics. I put all new harnesses in the car so it may be under the dash.
Thanks again.
Also does the plug by the firewall have pink and green wires too? So the reverse switch wires are pink and green along with the connector that it plugs into pink and green. In the pic it looks like the connector on the firewall is blue and green.
Just wanted to clarify.
Thanks
Old 01-19-2021, 09:05 PM
C3 4ME
Le Mans Master

Received 429 Likes on 307 Posts

The pig tail on the firewall is also pink and green, not blue and green, but I see where you might think that based on the pic provided.
Old 01-20-2021, 11:23 AM
qtrmile2
Instructor

Originally Posted by C3 4ME
The pig tail on the firewall is also pink and green, not blue and green, but I see where you might think that based on the pic provided.
OK. Thanks a lot. I can't find it anywhere but that is so typical of buying repro parts. Nothing fits and nothing works right. I could wire it in myself but it sucks after you buy a brand new harness that is suppose to be right. This is the last Corvette I restore. Parts are such a joke.
Thanks again for your help.

Last edited by qtrmile2; 01-20-2021 at 11:24 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 01-20-2021, 12:45 PM
Eliredandblack
Drifting

Mine plug was touching the bell housing, and Bubba was using the plug to power the electric carburetor choke. You should contact the harness manufacturer to find out why it was left off ... as the back up light plug is pretty important, unless your first name is BUBBA.
Old 01-21-2021, 11:53 AM
qtrmile2
Instructor

Mine plug was touching the bell housing, and Bubba was using the plug to power the electric carburetor choke. You should contact the harness manufacturer to find out why it was left off ... as the back up light plug is pretty important, unless your first name is BUBBA.
I looked everywhere and it is not there. Called Volunteer Vette and they said the manufacture uses a jig to make up the harnesses and he said they are correct. They won't take it back although I do not want to replace the harness if they would replace it. To much work.
I'm going to rewire it myself. Pink to 12 volts and green to the reverse lights.
Parts for these Corvette's are Terrible to say the least.
Thanks for your post.
Old 01-21-2021, 01:12 PM
Eliredandblack
Drifting

I guess Volunteer Vets has more Business than they can handle! They will be officially Removed from my list of vendors that I will buy from.
On my 73, the pink is only hot when the ignition is on.
Some of the vendors are not very customer friendly, I can understand that the largest ones, like Top Flight are large corporations with hundreds of employees, but there is still no excuse for POOR Customer Service. Going forward I can tell you that Willcox is by far hands (and feet) above the other vendors. If they sell a part that is not right, they will make it good, and then go back to the manufacturer to get it correct.
Old 01-22-2021, 12:03 AM
Devs77
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 160 Likes on 103 Posts

I guess Volunteer Vets has more Business than they can handle! They will be officially Removed from my list of vendors that I will buy from.
On my 73, the pink is only hot when the ignition is on.
Some of the vendors are not very customer friendly, I can understand that the largest ones, like Top Flight are large corporations with hundreds of employees, but there is still no excuse for POOR Customer Service. Going forward I can tell you that Willcox is by far hands (and feet) above the other vendors. If they sell a part that is not right, they will make it good, and then go back to the manufacturer to get it correct.
Ditto. Willcox is my go-to for Corvette parts. I’ve never had a problem with them and their pricing is always good.

Get notified of new replies

To Reverse light switch plug in 4 speed

Quick Reply: Reverse light switch plug in 4 speed