Notices
C3 Parts for Sale/Wanted C3 Corvette Performance Parts, Rare NOS and NLA Chevy Parts, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, Aftermarket
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking out for each other

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2008, 10:17 PM
Dr Gas
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When time is available, would those in Mid-Mo doing an inspection mind if a few of us tag along to use this as a learning tool????? Watch how someone would inspect the Vette, show what they look for. I know I would enjoy this.
Old 01-07-2008, 10:18 PM
nw2571
Instructor

I'm willing to cover the south central and south eastern Indiana.
Old 01-08-2008, 04:09 PM
sundevil74
Instructor

Great idea. Thanks for running with this one!

Willing to cover the KC metro area (eastern KS / western MO).

C2 or C3 only.
Old 01-27-2008, 07:50 AM
LiL_RaS
Heel & Toe

I am willing to help out for Central California San Francisco/Oakland Bay Area. I can cover anywhere 50 miles east of Bay Area. I know body work very well. Auto mechanic experience for 12 years.
Old 02-28-2008, 10:47 AM
rajsid
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Count me in
San Jose, California
Old 05-29-2008, 01:18 PM
Kellys~hotrods
Racer

I can help out also, I'm in Sacramento, California.

Kelly
Old 07-01-2008, 03:17 PM
KevinK
Drifting

You can use me for CT, New Haven/Valley area.
Old 08-22-2008, 07:15 AM
tonyv123
Instructor

I don't see anyone listed in the St. Louis MO. or the Metro East, (southern Illinois), so count me in for 100mi + from St. Louis.
Old 10-01-2008, 04:43 PM
zenvette
Intermediate

Default Sign Me Up

North Eastern Wisconsin

Green Bay, Appleton, Fox Valley area, Fon Du Lac, etc.

C3's only. I Will bring my mechanic/Body Guy along.

Jeff (zenvette) Fuerst
Old 10-20-2008, 12:35 PM
jeffp1167
Safety Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by zenvette
I have a story to share with you. I am very embarrassed to tell it but if I can get my message out there maybe this won't happen to someone else.
I have read all of your warnings about eBay but unfortunately I joined the forum after this happened to me. I bid on a Corvette on eBay and I ended up winning the Vette. I was happy to finally own my first Corvette and I was looking forward to restoring the car. After winning I paid via Paypal but for some reason the seller told me it took longer to get the money than I was told. Then I had to arrange to go and get the Vette so that took another week to arrange. I asked the seller to send me the title before I came for the car (mistake) and he told me he mailed it out right after I asked him. The time came to go and get the car and I went and met the guy at night, in a different state, and with the excitement of driving the Corvette home. He met me on time but quickly said "here are the keys I have to go to work" and almost ran. I got in the car, started it and began my trip home. He said the car would make it back with out a problem, but about an hour into my trip both belts broke and it quickly over heated. It was now 3:00am and I was still 21/2 hours from home. I called a tow truck and had them tow me back, and I also let them keep the car to go over it and replace the belts.
When I went to pick the car up the head mechanic said he needed to talk to me. I was happy to listen to his advice but what he told me made me almost sick. He said there was a different engine in the car than the guy (seller) told me, he said the pulleys were at an angle which he said they couldn't fix, and he also said he could not find the VIN but he was not familiar with Corvette VIN tags so I did not think much of that. About 2 weeks after I got home I received the title from the seller and again I wanted to be sick. On the eBay listing it said clear title, never in a wreck, no flood damage, etc. I looked the title over and to my shock the title said "Salvaged". I immediately emailed the seller and he would not reply. I emailed eBay to see what to do and they took a week to get back to me but told me to file a complaint through eBay’s complaint system.
I filed a complaint that same day and I received a response telling me too much time had passed to get any money returned. Then to make things worse the body man doing my restore said he needed to talk to me. I went to talk with him and he said "I have some bad news, I have looked and looked, and even did more research in case I was wrong, but I checked your car from top to bottom and there is no VIN tag. I was pissed and crushed all at once. My nightmare just kept getting worse.
I again contacted eBay and they sent me an email saying that they stopped his account (to sell) but that was all they were allowed to tell me.
I called the police in the city he claimed to be from but they couldn't find him, and told me my case will not be a priority unless something else happens. I now just feel helpless and embarrassed.
I now have a Corvette that has a salvaged title and no clue why or what happened to the car, a car with a different engine that they say can't be fixed, and no VIN number on the car making it I would guess impossible to sell. I needed to tell this story so it doesn't happen to any one else. I am sorry it took so long for me to tell it but like I said I am very embarrassed.
After all that has happened I still have "Corvette Fever" and my Corvette gets painted Monday. I do not know if I can drive it on the street yet but I will talk with my local Police Dept. to find out. Otherwise I will have a nice ornament for my driveway. Like I said, I have the fever now and when I save enough money again I will definitely buy another Corvette. I learned a valuable lesson the hard way, but I will not let his dishonesty ruin my new passion.

Thank for reading...

Jeff (zenvette)

P.S. I would greatly appreciate any comments or feedback regarding this "scam" as I now call it.
Here is another ebay scammer to add to your list. "SamLisaWells" Location 915 N. ross st. Sapulpa, Oklahoma. I bought a L-88 hood from these pieces a **** with the "understanding" it may take up to 30 days to receive it. They received payment 08/16/08 and now over 2 months later no hood!

If your smart avoid these people, last contact I got from them was they received payment and just as quik disconnected there phone, won't answer email, wont respond to ebay complaints ... Nothing ....

If any of you have any info on these people please IM me ..... Or if you might see them selling under a different name on ebay.
Old 10-20-2008, 05:49 PM
jnjvette
Pro

Default Sign me up, and let's end this stuff folks!

First of all, sign me up for Va. May even cover some of NC as well.

Secondly, Jeff, an old part of me says...let's go to OK and do some....never mind. The smarter me says...

From what you said, you have a fraud case. Save all documentaion, communication, and send it to the Attorney General's Office in OK. Let them do the dirty work.

Thirdly, thanks for sharing your "darkest" moment. Let me say, I doubt, you were the first, or will even the last. But, by revealing your situation, you will without a doubt, help someone else. So, be very proud of that.

Lastly, many of you know I am a Corvette parts vendor - on the side. this kind of behavior not only infuriates me, but..well, pisses me off. I love the Corvette hobby, own 2 oldies, and above all, have respect for the values my parents put into me: honesty. They taught me: would you want this to be done to you?

for someone like this to do this only puts doubt into any potential buyers mind that, I or you, is like this *hole who sells crap as "show quality". Would love to do nothing more than, see them in jail.

Fixing this helps all the good guys...and I truly believe: good guys finish first. We just have a longer trail to run, with more obstacles. But, bring on the challenge!

Off my pedastal now...thanks...
John
Old 10-20-2008, 06:11 PM
jeffp1167
Safety Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jnjvette
First of all, sign me up for Va. May even cover some of NC as well.

Secondly, Jeff, an old part of me says...let's go to OK and do some....never mind. The smarter me says...

From what you said, you have a fraud case. Save all documentaion, communication, and send it to the Attorney General's Office in OK. Let them do the dirty work.

Thirdly, thanks for sharing your "darkest" moment. Let me say, I doubt, you were the first, or will even the last. But, by revealing your situation, you will without a doubt, help someone else. So, be very proud of that.

Lastly, many of you know I am a Corvette parts vendor - on the side. this kind of behavior not only infuriates me, but..well, pisses me off. I love the Corvette hobby, own 2 oldies, and above all, have respect for the values my parents put into me: honesty. They taught me: would you want this to be done to you?

for someone like this to do this only puts doubt into any potential buyers mind that, I or you, is like this *hole who sells crap as "show quality". Would love to do nothing more than, see them in jail.

Fixing this helps all the good guys...and I truly believe: good guys finish first. We just have a longer trail to run, with more obstacles. But, bring on the challenge!

Off my pedastal now...thanks...
John
Well, it's just kind of weird because a couple other people from here have had successful deals with this person. Even showed pictures of the hoods in threads so not sure what happened.

I also noticed anyone who did buy a hood from them was withing what seems to be a few hundred miles where as I am around 1500 miles away. and got quoted around what the others shipping cost was.
Old 01-06-2009, 04:33 PM
at3erdbase
Instructor

No problem

SNJ I am in Pine Hill. I could do 15 miles or so from me
Old 01-23-2009, 09:07 AM
RonR80
Melting Slicks

Received 177 Likes on 122 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

I'm in Russell Ontario Canada , C-3 are my nack! But can look at any generations!

Last edited by RonR80; 01-23-2009 at 09:10 AM.
Old 03-23-2009, 10:35 PM
gr8vet
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '06

I can cover Birmingham, AL +50 mile radius.

tt
Old 05-20-2009, 12:49 PM
rob green
4th Gear

Default solid

wow! thats real solid of all of you guys!
Old 05-28-2009, 08:53 AM
Davesclassics
Heel & Toe

Last edited by Davesclassics; 05-28-2009 at 02:26 PM. Reason: 2

Get notified of new replies

To Looking out for each other

Old 06-02-2009, 06:29 PM
JOEY CARTEE
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Default Inspection FREE In the Upstate of SC,GA,NC !!!!

Im willing to do all inspections of Parts,Pieces, Cars, etc. in the upstate of SC or Upstate GA or Western NC for free... I can put it on the rack and do a thorough inspection of the car, numbers etc. This would cover basically a 1 (one ) hour time frame....Pulling Valve covers etc will be the potential buyers request etc. and time alotted to pay for.... If they (BUYER OR SELLER) brings it to the shop for a CORVETTE FORUM member and request such one hour is free!!!!!!

It will be for the buyer or seller and UNBIASED!!!! I will take pics of underneath and anything requested and send to the potential new owner... The new owner must do his own CARFAX etc. research.... keep in mind a home repair not reported to the insurance or carfax system will not be available ..... My services will be FREE for the NEW owner of said parts or Car!!!! I will not be held responsible for the outcome of the sale in anyway ,shape , form or fashion........ My opinion will only be given... and we all have those under our lower backbones!!!! My 25 years of Corvette Service is my Credentials!!! If it is a peice of S***! and you are trying to scam someone , dont bother!!!!!!

The areas in the upstate of SC, Western NC, upstate GA, or as far as you would like to drive to get here... covers anyone who brings it to my location...Saturdays by appointment only !!!

All CORVETTE Generations C-1 thru C-6 are welcome!!!!! Who let the DOGGS out!!!! Sincerly, JOEY CARTEE
Old 10-06-2009, 03:10 PM
Jeremy58Jeremy
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I can cover Eastern Idaho within 150 miles of Pocatello, give or take. I work a 3 week on 3 week off schedule up in Prudhoe Bay Alaska so this will give me somthing to do with my time off. I'm not super familiar with C1 or C2 cars but I'm an ASE Certified Master Tech. so I can cover the mechanicals on all year cars, SIGN ME UP!!!
Old 11-06-2009, 04:01 AM
pigherder
2nd Gear

Agreed - I just posted Brake Calipers under C3 - the machining quality is unquestionably unsurpassed but I wouldn't know a Corvette from a Chevette. Besides, many are probably also pre-1968 so it is to my advantage to have the generations, and wider client interest, verified by an expert. Should our American friends prefer an opinion 'Made in U.S.A.' then point me south and I will personally deliver examples to an expert of your choosing as far down as Seattle/Olympia. Obviously, as noted by others, that applies only for buyers of serious intent. Robert, Vancouver, B.C.

Quick Reply: Looking out for each other