Notices
C3 Parts for Sale/Wanted C3 Corvette Performance Parts, Rare NOS and NLA Chevy Parts, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, Aftermarket
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tremec TKOs new,and related parts....

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2008, 06:35 AM
vettesbydesign
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Tremec TKOs new,and related parts....

As of this time...I do not have a whole conversion kit available that you can order from me,BUT......I can get you all the related parts,and if you are willing to use like used pedal assy.,then I would be able to save you more yet off the top,or you could find/order your own used parts to complete the conversion.....
Besides the TKOs,I have rebuilt muncie's,and Super T10s,also,so...if you don't see it,then please ask.

1.Tremec TKO 500......1775.00,plus shipping
2.Tremec TKO 600......1870.00,plus shipping
3.tremec TKO 600RR...1870.00,plus shipping
4.31T trans yoke........84.00,plus shipping
5.GM speedo adapter..94.00,plus shipping
6.GM Offset shifter.....240.00,plus shipping

used pedal assy's ONLY w/purchase of trans,while I have them...130.00

You are welcomed to give me a call @ 217-330-7425,or it is under construction,but these will be added to the web page shortly....
www.vettesbydesign.com
Thank you!
Kevin

Last edited by vettesbydesign; 02-02-2008 at 09:08 AM.
Old 02-02-2008, 07:53 AM
BB72
Melting Slicks

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

Hey Kevin, sounds good, how much extra for the new drive shaft and tranny mount? You can probably also get the 5 speed shift decal too I take it. Just to let you know, the link doesn't work....typo....but the site does look good so far. With that other TKO thread going on trying to hammer out a deal , you just might have timed this right.... ...how come you can sell them so cheap and someone else can't?
Old 02-02-2008, 09:02 AM
vettesbydesign
Safety Car

Are they that much cheaper?Okay...I just raised the price! No...not really.....Alot of the other places sale the whole conversion kit,and everything is new,so they are alittle bit more than mine.
Let me see what I can do on the other pieces.I'm sure that I can get something together.I have been really busy in the shop,and neglecting the computer,but hired a little office girl this past week to stay on top of the computer stuff,so....hopefully this will work out better for everyone.Wait until the beginning of the week,and I will get something worked out for the other parts.My supplier for these trans is more a racing place,than a Corvette place...same trans,but they don't have the pieces to do a complete conversion.I wi8ll have to source them elsewhere.Give me a couple days,and will make it happen....
Old 02-03-2008, 12:58 AM
BB72
Melting Slicks

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

ttt
Old 02-03-2008, 03:35 PM
bruced267
Pro

TTT
Old 02-04-2008, 08:40 PM
427Dreams
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can you give more info on the gm offset shifter.
Old 02-09-2008, 11:43 AM
USALT1
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 427Dreams
Can you give more info on the gm offset shifter.
Kevin, will this setup work in a C2?

Thx, Jules
Old 02-10-2008, 09:34 AM
vettesbydesign
Safety Car

Here is where I am at w/ the tremec tko conversion.......I got a source for the TKO 500,TKO 600,and the TKO 600RR discounted,but these trans have to modified to clear the crossmember,which is no big deal.The length of the TKOs,and the 700R4s are the same,so have a deal working w/Bowtie Overdrives.A 4-speed frame would still have to modified w/the welded in crossmember,or w/ the trans tailshaft modified....they would clear the factory 4-speed/auto crossmember,but on the 4-speed car you would probably have to pull the engine,but this also,recommended on ALL the conversion kits.The trans fit,but are tight.
The next issue is........The companies saling these kits have went to alot of work to modify the tailshaft housing,so the trans is located on the side of the tailshaft to fit the Corvette w/out mods to the floorboard.Here's where I am at w/this.......a.)I found a source for the complete modified trans at a savings,2.)I found a source that will modify the trans,and locate the shifter on the side,and the shifter,etc. would be included,so I have to come up w/a complete price for the modified trans.,and lastly,c.)I found a low profile shifter that is still mounted on top of the shifter like the org.setups for the tremecs,and if there is a clearance issue in the trans tunnel,it would require a very small amount of notching the hole in the floorboard where the org. shifter hole comes thru.If you are wanting to put this in a high dollar car that could be put back to org. in a weekend,then this isn't the route to go,but...if you have a moded car,or are willing to open the shifter hole up just alittle,then this is the cheapest route to go,and I can have these ready to ship right away.
The only other issue is the the bracket that is custom made to bolt the trans mount to the crossmember mount.This is a simple task,and trying to find the time to do a mock up w/the trans,and 68 vert that I have here,and I can make these.
The 4-speed car owners have the pedals,so they are in the clear.I have used pedal assy that are from GM cars,but I have a limited supply of them.I'm a dealer for several places,and can get discounted prices,so I can pass this along,but I am having a hard time sourcing brace pedals.I can get the clutch pedals,and all the hardware to make these work in the org. pedal housings,but I have to find a supplier for the brake pedals for the 4-speed cars,or even,a auto brake pedal,and cut the foot down.
The rest the parts is up to what you want......scatter shield,or stock bellhousing,or bellhousing w/ a slave cylinder setup for a hyd. setup.The z-bar,etc.is all the same,and the drive shaft will have to be shortened,but that can be done wherever.
Keisler,and Classic Chevy 5-speeds have done there homework,and spent alot of money to have these setup kits designed(as I am learning more,and more w/my research!!!!),and I am NOT trying to compete w/these people on this.I can't....I'm the little guy,but I am trying to offer a cheaper alternative to having to purchase a whole kit.Thier kits are complete,and straight forward,and excellant pieces,but alot of the guys here I feel don't need the whole kits,and looking for pieces to make this conversion vs. buying the whole kit.This is where I come in.....
In the very near future.....there will be a modified TKO 500 released,and I am in the process of trying to use my sources to supply some of the parts to the conversion,and I think that ya all will love the prices,but that will be around summer time......We shall see.....
Old 02-10-2008, 10:37 AM
mr nasty
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Kevin, how about a pic of the little office girl

greg

Get notified of new replies

To Tremec TKOs new,and related parts....

Quick Reply: Tremec TKOs new,and related parts....