Notices
C3 Parts for Sale/Wanted C3 Corvette Performance Parts, Rare NOS and NLA Chevy Parts, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, Aftermarket
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4" x 6" speakers, great dash set for aftermarket radios

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2008, 12:27 AM
BSiegPaint
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07

Default 4" x 6" speakers, great dash set for aftermarket radios

I've got a pair of Pioneer TS-A4612 speakers that were in my '71 for a couple years. Since I hardly drive the car and since I never got the Custom Autosound stereo to work, I suppose these have a total of 30 minutes actual use. They are trimmed to fit in the stock dash locations, and I will include the trim pieces I fitted to use with the stock metal brackets. These are NOT for replacing your stock speakers for your stock radio. They are 4 ohm speakers for an aftermarket radio. They will take 80W peak, 20W nominal. In my out-of-car bench testing, I thought they sounded great, with good highs and mids. They worked best when they were run straight from the radio, better than when they were amped. These will only work in a C3 dash location with the factory brackets unless you figure out a way to attach them with the trim pieces I used - all the stock mounting points are shaved.

Retail on these is right at $80 a pair. Since I trimmed them up a bit, I'll let them go for $45 shipped to you. PayPal only please, and please post here first before sending a PM to claim, just to keep everyone smiling.

Old 08-05-2008, 12:03 AM
BSiegPaint
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07

Heck, make me an offer - these aren't doing me any good sitting here...

Quick Reply: 4" x 6" speakers, great dash set for aftermarket radios