Notices
C3 Parts for Sale/Wanted C3 Corvette Performance Parts, Rare NOS and NLA Chevy Parts, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, Aftermarket
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to post pictures - A Complete Step by Step Guide

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2009, 04:42 PM
HOOAH
1969/1971/1976 Coupes

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 72 Likes on 56 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15

Excellent sir, thank you again. Now it seems that I have to find a need. Let me see if I can find that old "post your C3 pic" thread. Ha ha
Old 10-13-2009, 05:49 AM
Stan's Customs
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 88 Likes on 66 Posts

Hey Robb..

I just wanted to say thank you for the "first" tutorial on posting pics that I could follow "easily".

I took half a day to muddle through a clumbsy attempt to post pics of a parts car I have..It still sucked.

Many thanks for this ..it is saved in my favorites list so I won't loose it.

Very much appreciated by this old geezer..

Best regards,
Stan M.

Last edited by Stan's Customs; 10-13-2009 at 05:59 AM. Reason: Mispelled Robb..i.e. Rob
Old 04-12-2010, 12:32 AM
JPope
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the entertainment everyone.... And thank you Robb for taking the time to put together a great tutorial in how to post Photo's.

Speaking for myself I would rather look at a photo now to buy something vs. waiting for a response from someone. I am too busy to deal with multiple responses from people in buying or selling. In today’s life we need as much info as possible to make quick and easy decisions and the more info we can get the better off everyone will be.

Sincerely,

J Pope
Old 05-19-2010, 12:57 PM
leo12
Burning Brakes

Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts

its amazing that only this corvette forum makes it that complicated...and the rest of the internet its so easy to post...
Old 05-20-2010, 03:23 PM
rappellmaster87
Intermediate

Robb, thanks for posting this wonderful guide. "all that is necessary for evil to succeed is for good men like you to do nothing".
Old 06-23-2010, 09:18 PM
LeMans Pete
Melting Slicks

Received 38 Likes on 22 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14

Originally Posted by pewter99
made it a sticky....I will clean it up later
What happened to cleaning this up?
Old 11-26-2010, 02:36 PM
Burnt71
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

What I find frustrating is someone has something large for sale like a frame or door and they don't give a location of where they live. They will say local pick up only but the don't have their profile filled out.
Old 02-13-2011, 12:13 PM
jellyjam
Advanced

Default I agree with leo12 !

I have had trouble with pictures all these years. No trouble on Craig's list. A good computer technician is needed.
Old 02-13-2011, 02:41 PM
Stan's Customs
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by jellyjam
I have had trouble with pictures all these years. No trouble on Craig's list. A good computer technician is needed.
Amen to that...it's such a pain, I quit trying after 6 years. Too bad I really like this forum...and have scores of pics I'd like to show.

After an hour each time of trying to post them. I want to chunk the computer out in the friggin' yard. So ---- on it. .
Old 02-21-2011, 02:00 PM
T Rush
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default here is another way to do it without having an account with a host site

I didn't read the whole guide....but I don't think it needs to be that complicated to post a photo on a forum

basics:

1) the photo needs to have its own web address(a "URL" is what they call those)...so it looks like this in a web browser:

...so the image is the only thing on that web page

2) you need to select and right click to copy that URL:

3) and then you can use the handy message formatting buttons along the top of this forum's reply text box to "insert image":

4) which opens this easy to use dialog box:

5) right click and paste the URL in there, and click "OK":

6) it will wrap "image tags" on the URL and place it in your message so that it looks like this:

7) and when you post or preview your message that will turn into just the image in your message looking like this:

but here is the deal with using your own photos:

with the example image I used above of the headlight, I just used Google images to find a picture that already was on the internet, so it already had an "URL" web address....but the photos you have taken with your digital camera and have saved on your computer are not on the internet yet, and thus don't have a URL address...to do that you have to "upload" them to a image file hosting site, which will assign them a URL and share them on the internet so that everyone can see them

there are a lot of easy to use free photo hosting sites out there, the one I use all the time is just:
http://tinypic.com/

1) if you click that link you will see a web page that looks like this:

..I guess you could sign up for an account and everything...but I never bother to do any of that, usually i just want to post a random picture or two, and seldom need access to a whole saved portfolio of a library of my past uploaded photos or whatever

2) so I just click the "browse" button to find the photo on my computer I would like to have a URL for, select, open, and click "upload"

3) you might get a "captcha" challenge, where you have to type the hard to read words to prove you are human, and click "upload now" there to start the file transfer to the internet web host
...use the "get new captcha" button till you find one you can read...

4) once your photo has uploaded, you will get a page with different types of links to it, along with a small preview of which photo those links go to that you uploaded:

the first link "HTML for Websites" in formatted in the code that websites are done in....I doubt you are writing code, so skip that one

the next link "IMG Code for Forums & Message Boards" is the type of link that works here, and it actually already has those image tags on it, so you can just copy and paste that one right in to your message here, and don't have to use the "insert image" text formatting buttons as I described above

the third link "URL for E-Mail & IM" will go to a tinypic web page with your image on it...I never need that one

the last link "Direct Link for Latouts" is the type of link I talked about above, where it will just give you you image alone on a web page, and then you can use the thingy to put image tags on it
...here you can click that link without image tags http://i51.tinypic.com/141a1h.jpg to see its just the image by itself on a web page

5) and then I can have my photo in my posted message if I use the image tags

...not too painful at all

Last edited by T Rush; 02-21-2011 at 02:38 PM.
Old 05-15-2011, 09:50 AM
William Maltby
4th Gear

thanks for the instructions
Old 10-05-2011, 10:56 AM
RobbSalzmann
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by T Rush
I didn't read the whole guide....but I don't think it needs to be that complicated...
Old 12-10-2011, 10:45 PM
Good Knight
3rd Gear

Default Picture Posting

I use the following for Craig's List http://claspics.com/
Too easy, not sure if it works here, but it should!
Old 01-21-2012, 02:08 PM
T Rush
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RobbSalzmann
yeah, a lot of people wont want to sign-up and join an image hosting site, nor do they need to if they just want to post a photo or two....there are many sites you can use to upload an image without creating an account, building a whole library of images and all that
...just understanding the basics(as I first described above) on what format a image needs to be in to be on the internet(that it has a "URL" web address) should be helpful... and that then the simple "Insert Image" button can use that web address and add the IMG tags to quickly post an image here
Old 01-21-2012, 02:59 PM
Stan's Customs
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

...the best $25 I ever spent was joining the forum site. Ended all that mess... I had to go back to the sticky every time I wanted to post a simple pic. Life's too short for all that...

Last edited by Stan's Customs; 01-21-2012 at 03:16 PM.
Old 02-19-2012, 10:14 AM
aperfectshot
7th Gear

Hey I really want to thank you all, I'm self taught on computers so I really don't know much except how to run my business on them. The directions that you sent me will help alot. Heck I don't use facebook never been to a chat room, just use it for work mostly. For all I know this could be a chat room. I'm gonna pull the car out this week, and take some pictures. It is in a garage, same spot for 20 years, I took off the original tires and rims because they had a recall on the firestone 550 tires, so i decided to by new rims and tires and keep the originals. I believe the build sheet is with the original buy papers and origin papers also. Let me be clear though the car is NOT for sale. Heck I still have my 1st car I registered, 1957 belair chevy 2 door, but it is anything but original, 396 ci, 550 hp, headers, 4 speed manual, Blow shield, home made engine mounts, bought it from a horse auction yard, they were gonna use it for fill when they were expanding. Gave them a dollar for it. All it had was the frame and basic body, no doors, no interior,no hood or fenters, trunk, hood, no engine or tranny and the rear end assembly was gone, no glass or gages, you get the idea. When I finished it I drove it for 6 months got drafted, went to war and she still sits where I left her in the back of the barn on blocks. Grew up on a produce farm in Ma. had a 9 bay garage with all the goodies to build our own equipment from ww2 army trucks making them into snow fighters to rebuilding old tractors into our own design tractors to run on the farm. My father taught me everything I know and he never finished jr. high school. He was quite a man. So bear with me on this fun ride, just need time to learn what to do, but I WILL do it, Never give up, mistakes make you smarter as my father use to say.
Thanks again I appreciate any thoughts or idea's that you may pass on. I have never belonged to a group such as this so I got some learning to do about using it.

Aperfectshot
Old 02-19-2012, 10:39 AM
aperfectshot
7th Gear

Hey I really want to thank you all, I'm self taught on computers so I really don't know much except how to run my business on them. The directions that you sent me will help alot. Heck I don't use facebook never been to a chat room, just use it for work mostly. For all I know this could be a chat room. I'm gonna pull the car out this week, and take some pictures. It is in a garage, same spot for 20 years, I took off the original tires and rims because they had a recall on the firestone 550 tires, so i decided to by new rims and tires and keep the originals. I believe the build sheet is with the original buy papers and origin papers also. Let me be clear though the car is NOT for sale. Heck I still have my 1st car I registered, 1957 belair chevy 2 door, but it is anything but original, 396 ci, 550 hp, headers, 4 speed manual, Blow shield, home made engine mounts, bought it from a horse auction yard, they were gonna use it for fill when they were expanding. Gave them a dollar for it. All it had was the frame and basic body, no doors, no interior,no hood or fenters, trunk, hood, no engine or tranny and the rear end assembly was gone, no glass or gages, you get the idea. When I finished it I drove it for 6 months got drafted, went to war and she still sits where I left her in the back of the barn on blocks. Grew up on a produce farm in Ma. had a 9 bay garage with all the goodies to build our own equipment from ww2 army trucks making them into snow fighters to rebuilding old tractors into our own design tractors to run on the farm. My father taught me everything I know and he never finished jr. high school. He was quite a man. So bear with me on this fun ride, just need time to learn what to do, but I WILL do it, Never give up, mistakes make you smarter as my father use to say.
Thanks again I appreciate any thoughts or idea's that you may pass on. I have never belonged to a group such as this so I got some learning to do about using it.

Aperfectshot

Get notified of new replies

To How to post pictures - A Complete Step by Step Guide

Old 03-15-2012, 10:41 PM
tomgaz
Racer

Why is their no advance setting tab to upload pics? This is stupid. Who thought of this.
Old 03-23-2012, 02:27 PM
streamliner
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

AWESOME suggestion, thanks
Old 04-16-2012, 04:52 PM
tomgaz
Racer

Default gauges

They are like brand new not even back from paint yet. And I am not good on a computer so I really don't want to hear how easy it is.

Quick Reply: How to post pictures - A Complete Step by Step Guide