Notices
C3 Parts for Sale/Wanted C3 Corvette Performance Parts, Rare NOS and NLA Chevy Parts, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, Aftermarket
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NOS 68-82 suspension parts

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2009, 03:42 AM
Acavet
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NOS 68-82 suspension parts

2 upper and 1 lower Moog Ball joints along with 4 brand new shafts that the bushing piviot on. One lower is different style but is for the same application.

Also included 4 Nos upper and 4 Lower bushing still in very good condition.

The 2 upper and 1 lower ball joint alone sell from Kragens auto parts for over $180.00.

Everything listed above for $100.00

Shipping extra if need

Located in Vacaville California 95688

Contact Acavet@aol.com

Old 07-28-2009, 10:28 AM
Clams Canino
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I look and I look.... but I can't see 4 brand new shafts.
There's a shaft in this deal though, but I'm not getting it.

-W
Old 07-28-2009, 05:32 PM
Acavet
5th Gear

Clams Canino

He can look all he wants but if he doesn't know what he's looking at then it doesn't matter what he sees.

To educate this person NOS means new old stock, that means these parts are new but were purchased many years ago. Cast iron which is what the shaft look like they are made of, oxide over time, if you don't know what NOS means then you probably don't know what oxide means, that means rust.

If you have any experience at all you know what a shaft looks like after a bushing has been bolted to a car and had bushings pivoting on for hundreds or even thousands of miles.

Hey you know what I did was go out and find old Moog boxes with brand new hardware kits still in the little plastic bags that even had directions. I then searched and searched the Internet until I found 3 brand new but never used NOS (now we already explained what that means) ball joints still with the original boxes too and decided to sell them at almost half price just to get rid of 4 old bushing shafts.

Yup you got me.

Please...............

Old 07-28-2009, 08:05 PM
Clams Canino
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Oh I know what NOS means... but given the lack of preservation lube on them in the (little plastic) bags they still look more like OOS. However, if OEM was MOOG, and are now NLA, then they might be something more than POS.

-W

Last edited by Clams Canino; 07-28-2009 at 08:11 PM.
Old 07-28-2009, 09:30 PM
Acavet
5th Gear

I get an email from this guy telling me he wants to buy the parts but doesn't want to pay shipping. I tell him sorry the parts are reasonably priced and he will have to include shipping. The next email I get is one with all kinds of FU's.

Surprise, he then spouts off with the garbage about how I'm trying to pull some kind of scam to try and kill my sale, I would suspect to get the price down. NOT GOING TO WORK!

To anyone with half a brain the presence of the other new parts would tend to show that I bought completely new stuff and never got around to installing it. Or did I just take the entire suspension apart not bother replacing the ball joint or the bushing just to sell them at half price 20 years later to get rid of these old used shafts......Its that old common sense thing just hard to get around for most that is.

OK just to make him happy, lets try this 3 NOS ball joints regular price at Kragen's auto parts today over $180.00. For sale $100.00.

I will throw in 4 NOS bushings and 4 shafts some hardware and directions. I say the shafts are new but you never know.

No try and bitch about that.

Come on nice try.

Get notified of new replies

To NOS 68-82 suspension parts

Quick Reply: NOS 68-82 suspension parts