Notices
C3 Parts for Sale/Wanted C3 Corvette Performance Parts, Rare NOS and NLA Chevy Parts, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, Aftermarket
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NJ: C3 Tube Frame with C4 Suspension & LS1/T56

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2014, 08:32 PM
TileArt
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

3 1/2 year-old thread. I imagine it's gone by now.
Old 08-05-2016, 07:54 AM
proslick
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Black 82
I’m selling my project chassis because I just don’t have time to finish it. Wife says she wants the garage back so either the chassis goes, or I go with it…

It would cost about $14k to get this far. Asking $7,900. I want to sell this complete. I don’t want to break it up.

Call me if your serious 908-692-2233. I won’t have a lot of opportunity to respond to posts or emails.

Details, details:
1. LS-1/T56 Motor&Trans – Came from a running ’99 Camaro with 90k miles. The right rear cylinder has some coolant seepage and I have new head gaskets and bolts. I believe the internal motor and trans are completely stock including the original clutch. The motor has a Ligenfelter aluminum manifold and SLP throttle body. A ported MAF and the stock Camaro harness and computer are also included. The Alternator and PS pump are mounted on custom ½” aluminum brackets. The Alt is original to the motor and the PS pump is brand new. The AC comp is a brand new Sanden and mounted on Kwik Performance brackets.

2. Jamison Tube Frame - Brand new. Never run or had a body on it. Set-up for a chrome bumper C3. You can see a lot of detail about it on their website. http://www.jamisoncustomcorvette.com...ar_chassis.asp The site says 63-67 but they also configure the same frame for 68-72. The frame is powder coated silver metallic but it’s a little chipped up and I've welded on the rear to fit the D44. Originally it was set up for a D36 and then I came across the D44 assembly.

3. Wheels - C5 Z06 repros. They are 18/19 I believe. Rears are 295 width and they will stick out of the stock wheel well about 1". They all have a small amount of curb rash and the tires are shot. The front right is slightly bent, but it’s repairable. Looks like it hit a serious pothole. The guy I bought them from was driving on them as-is.

4. Front Suspension - is from an '85. It's a little narrower than the '87>. It will need 3/4" shims on the existing wheels to get the correct back-to-back to fit the wheel wells. The tie rods have been properly shortened.

5. Rear Suspension - D44 from an '89. It's been properly narrowed and I've installed adjustable camber rods with moly spherical ends. The gears are 3:33.

6. Brakes - Front brakes are C5 with conversion brackets and rears are the '89 C4 with integral parking brake – not the drum style parking brake.

What's missing? - The only thing needed to complete the rolling chassis is coil-overs and sway bars. You can see the arrangements on Jamison's website. http://www.jamisoncustomcorvette.com...p?ProductID=15 You can buy kits from them or source custom parts yourself.
Did you sell the chassis? I know its an old post.
Thanks Ken
Old 08-06-2016, 03:02 AM
bmans vette
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 351 Likes on 304 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13, '15- '16-'17-'18-'19, '21

Click on guy's avatar and you can see last time he was on the forum.....

Last post - 07/12 - that is 4 yrs ago.

I think either the frame or the guy is gone (wife kicked him out).

But you can always try a PM.

Or maybe the wife has it up for sale.

Quick Reply: NJ: C3 Tube Frame with C4 Suspension & LS1/T56